The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MIM Ewoks Logray?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

MIM Ewoks Logray? Empty
PostSubject: MIM Ewoks Logray?   MIM Ewoks Logray? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 5:42 pm

Hi folks,

AT the weekend I attended Scarborough's first vintage toy fair, well at east firt Sci-Fi toy fair and was actually there to do appraisals on any stuff people brought in. Thankfully no one brought anything in apart from some guy who just wanted to sell me a Zoids Godzilla (which was quite cool) however, one of the organisers brought me his smmall collection of Droids and Ewoks MOC's that he wanted me to look at and see if I thought they where o.k.
This was nice to see as you don't get to see figures from this line often and it's not something I know a great deal about so forgive me if I'm bringing up an old thread or something that has been covered before, but this just took me by suprise and wasn't something I was familiar with.

This chap had several droids MOC's and one Ewok MOC... Logray. The guy was more bothered about me identifying them as been original seals so I was looking over the bubble and such and then I flipped the card to check for the vacuum seal line and was instantly struck by the matte style cardback which I know can be found (not always) on MIM and MIS MOC's.
So the next thing I looked at was the 'Made In' bit which said 'Figure Made In Mexico' ???

I have never heard of this before and didn't realise that any figures past the ROTJ line where produced in Mexico. Thing is, where these imported figures packaged in Mexico for U.S. distribution, or where these figures actually produced in Mexico like the MIM figures for te U.S. market?

The card does say 'Figure Made In Mexico' any thoughts guys, or any links to previous possible threads?

I took a couple of pictures. I can get more detailed pictures in the future when I see the guy again.

MIM Ewoks Logray? 20141113

MIM Ewoks Logray? 20141114

MIM Ewoks Logray? 20141115
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

MIM Ewoks Logray? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIM Ewoks Logray?   MIM Ewoks Logray? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 6:22 pm

Same story as the MIM, I mentioned it here...

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5881p45-droids-guide-discussion-thread#matrix

Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

MIM Ewoks Logray? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIM Ewoks Logray?   MIM Ewoks Logray? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 6:39 pm

I was always under the impression that the MIM Cards where LL produced figures in the bubbles with either LL or Kenner weapons, point being, the LL figures where unique, is this the case with the Ewoks and Droids?

I've not seen any MOC's before for Droids and Ewoks, where certain ones only produced in Mexico like Lumat & Paploo or where they also produced in Hong Kong/Asia?

What I'm saying is, can this Logray be found on a MIHK card as well? and if so, is there any unique variations here?

Just curious really, said I would enquire for the guy.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

MIM Ewoks Logray? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIM Ewoks Logray?   MIM Ewoks Logray? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 4:00 am

I can only speak for the Droids line. There are 3 punches that I know of. A dozen or so perforations ( like the Logray ) are made in Mexico. 6 perforations is HN made in Hong Kong, 3 perforations is HG made in China.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

MIM Ewoks Logray? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIM Ewoks Logray?   MIM Ewoks Logray? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 5:15 am

From what I understood, the Mexican made figures for the Droids and Ewoks line were not made in the Tlanepantla factory where all the Lili Ledy (and corresponding MIM) figures were produced.

Instead some of the Droids and Ewoks figures were produced in the Tijuana GM plant, known for producing some vehicles (Tatooine Skiff, Rancor, Ewok Catapult, Droids(!) A-Wing) for the non Mexican market.

More here:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1084964/  (read from begin till end, to get the complete picture)

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t319p90-lili-ledy-factory  (warning: train wreckage ahead  Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Sponsored content

MIM Ewoks Logray? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIM Ewoks Logray?   MIM Ewoks Logray? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MIM Ewoks Logray?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1