The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

variant collection

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

variant collection Empty
PostSubject: variant collection   variant collection I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 8:21 am

Hello

here is a part of my modest collection of vintage variant  alien I have been collecting for 2 years now, doing lot's of research, most of the figures shown here were quite hard to found.

this is fully dedicaced to those who helped me and shared their knowledge: in france Jerome allias JEJESTAR with who everything started, stephane faucourt who has always been very helpfull, and Fansolo. Also guys from Imperial Gunnary: Wolff, Kenneth, Marco, Alex, Patrick, Stephan, Mirco, Lee, Javi from spain, Sergio (spain too), Chris, Flycusal, Olisud, Luis, Jay...those from who I bought figs, trade or sale, guys from TIG, mintinbox, SWUK, rebelscum, spanishSW (Jota), many collectors from spain too  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

None of the categories here after are finished, it is just to share my collection as it is today (and I am not trying to compite with anyone else Smile )...I always loved variant limelight like Mirco and wolff did. I hope some more guys will do it too in the future

if someone has question, wants more pictures or details, please send me a message

I will start with my favorite, figs from spain:

poch fig:
variant collection Img_8011
luke brown hair is a "mix figure"
RS are quite identical variant beside small details, as the two Snowy at the end of the line, bespin soldier and leia bespin

now some figures from spain I am not 100% sure they are poch for now despite some of you confirmed it.
variant collection Img_8012

PBP and trilogo variants:
variant collection Img_8013
pbp and trilogo han
chewy G coo and circle under feat
C3PO with a screw

ledy variant (just a few)
variant collection Img_8014
C3PO, yoda and ben were bought in spain, but I think they are identical to ledys so I have put them here too

Meccano
variant collection Img_8015
different coo or small details for each variant.
Yoda and leia bespin (sometime called geisha leia) are no coo not exclusive to meccano I think

that's it for today

thanks for reading this

cheers

Last edited by chiktabba on Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.collection-starwars.com/collection-chiktabba
pattejan
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
pattejan

variant collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: variant collection   variant collection I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 8:52 am

I always love to see pics of loose variant collections!  What a Face

It's a great 'foreign' variant collection Nicolas and "modest" doesn't do your collection justice!  :clap:

Thanks for sharing! cheers
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

variant collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: variant collection   variant collection I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 9:59 am

Very nice! and a reminder to me that I really must find a nice PBP han solo & hammerhead for my collection, how I'm missing them I don't know ?!?!
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

variant collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: variant collection   variant collection I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 11:19 am

That's a great Posh & PBP collection. cheers

Thanks for sharing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

variant collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: variant collection   variant collection I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 4:19 pm

Very nice collection , thanks for sharing!
good luck and enjoy the hunt Wink
Best
Javier
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

variant collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: variant collection   variant collection I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 5:09 pm

You have accumulated an amazing collection, in such a short time Nicholas,
congratulations on acquiring so many fantastic Euro and Ledy figure variants, it is a collection to be proud of my friend cheers :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I shall enjoy following your limelight for future updates bounce  Smile

Last edited by chris.75 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

variant collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: variant collection   variant collection I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 3:17 am

Thank you all for your nice and encouraging message Very Happy will post more soon
Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

variant collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: variant collection   variant collection I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 5:30 am

So many rare figures in here in fantastic condition! Huge congrats for this achievement Nicolas! cheers . You even managed to collect all of these in a very short amount of time! Very Happy

I'll e-mail you regarding questions involving a few of the Poch figures!

Kenneth

Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

variant collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: variant collection   variant collection I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 5:35 am

It is great to see the huge variety of vintage variants. Quite a few of those you have I'm still on the hunt for. What ones are high on your want list? Do you have any favourites?
Back to top Go down
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

variant collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: variant collection   variant collection I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 5:42 am

@kenneth: you know what? really too much time spent on this Smile I love collecting them, and found a mint rare variant, especially poch figs, is so great, but it is really an addiction. So that's why I told you I want to slow down a bit for a while, enjoying those I got...

that said, I just received a very nice pbp black bespin guard this morning that makes my day Laughing
variant collection Img_8016
Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

variant collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: variant collection   variant collection I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 5:59 am

it's nooooo addiction collecting Poch figures.............. Not that I know of...... Rolling Eyes lol!
Back to top Go down
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

variant collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: variant collection   variant collection I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 6:24 am

in my wanted list for now, there is nothing like a ledy boba removable rocket or vador DT, even ledy jawas or model trem boutlegs are to high for me now (in terms of money of course).
But I might try to trade few rare spare for those I am really after now:
- pbp luke farmboy (this one could be in first list, right  Very Happy )
- no coo death squad commander (this one too)
- mint dsd meccano (same)
- DT luke
- chewe black pouch poch
- leia poch
- luke bespin poch
- orange hair Luke farmboy
- bossk poch light green toxic
- pbp 4 lom with red armor
- leia bespin gold neck (good condition of the gold on neck)
- vador c3po stormtrooper takara
- stormtrooper ledy
- meccano cardbacks
...still lot of things to found

my favorite are always changing, depends how much I have been searching the fig and how did I found it. My first yak face I found for 35euros was quite used, but was one of my favorite for a long time, then I found a mint one, sold the other, and moved to something else.
- My first "rare" fig was a mint meccano tie pilot, in a lot, and that's how I started when I learned this worth more than 200. I hesitated to sell it, but decide to found the other ones: boba meccano, dsd meccano, luke hoth pink face...
- I love my mint dark brown rebel soldier, because it is really different from the classic one. and it is very fragile, so difficult to found a mint one.
- I love poch figs that has lots of poch criteria: rebel commander poch. Mine is mint, I bought it in a lot for quite a decent price, I have been looking for it for few month, it has melt mark, bubbles on painting, specific color of boots, plastic extursion...one of my favorite. han solo hoth is about the same.
- Luke poch brown hair, because I had it for month without having identify it as a poch, and also because it seems prety rare.
- I love the PBP hard plastic, like luke pilot or the stormy, it looks much stronger than the other version, and same, I found it by chance in france for good price, it's mint...
- Leia gaisha is quite cool, much nicer than the other leia bespin imo,
- Wally light green has beautifull flashy colors you don't found in star wars, like a pop figure.
- Chewe unpainted pouch (poch,) is cool figure too, don't really know if poch, but very specific things about this figure (and I think it might be kind of rare one). I will try to post more details about those figs

Last edited by chiktabba on Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

variant collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: variant collection   variant collection I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 6:36 am

Good work, Nicholas. That's an impressive set of variants Cool
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

variant collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: variant collection   variant collection I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 2:03 pm

Great collection Nicolas! Nice to see so many 'minty' rare figure my friend cheers
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

variant collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: variant collection   variant collection I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 5:27 am

Hi Nicholas, thank you for sharing your limelight here on TIG.  

I took a good cup of coffee and enjoyed looking at all your variant figures.
You managed to build up a great collection. :clap: :clap:
Keep on going!  

variant collection Clap_zps6pazndyf

Cheers,
Marco
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

variant collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: variant collection   variant collection I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 5:46 am

thanks guys for your messages Very Happy

today a pic of my han hoth. far from being a complete set of all variantion, at least I got all the main coo (not all variation of scar for exemple). the most search after would be: molded variant, pbp/trilogo scar and poch chocolate and not chocolate.
variant collection Img_8510
top line: coo I hk poch, hk kenner, no coo, coo II different hk and no coo
line 2: coo III kenner hk, kenner molded hk, 3 scar: pink face tri and 2 pale pbp differnet scar, 2 poch chocolate (different eyes painting, one has bad sonnic welding, the other one has melt marks and bubbles on legs)

variant collection Img_8511
pink scar, pale same as pink, and other pale
Back to top Go down
yodas_uncle
New User
New User

variant collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: variant collection   variant collection I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 1:40 pm

Sweet items there dude, I like the Brown hair Luke and Brown snake Yoda best but all are cool.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

variant collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: variant collection   variant collection I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 12:14 pm

great collection right there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

variant collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: variant collection   variant collection I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

variant collection

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1