The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Arohks fleet trooper costume

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

Arohks fleet trooper costume Empty
PostSubject: Arohks fleet trooper costume   Arohks fleet trooper costume I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 2:15 am

So I finally got my Fleet Trooper costume done here are some shots the first one is me and my friend at the toy show and the others are at my friends store where we did a few for him to use as advertising for his star wars items hope you all enjoy them.

Arohks fleet trooper costume Rebelcostume1_zps84b9e687
Arohks fleet trooper costume Rebelcostume2_zpsfdac88a8
Arohks fleet trooper costume Rebelcostume3_zpsf9551b62
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Arohks fleet trooper costume   Arohks fleet trooper costume I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 5:25 am

Nicely done Larry.  It looks like you had some fun wearing it.  :clap: 
Are you planning to attend a lot of events?
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Arohks fleet trooper costume   Arohks fleet trooper costume I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 7:28 am

Nicely done Larry  :clap: 
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Arohks fleet trooper costume   Arohks fleet trooper costume I_icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 11:50 pm

can't believe I missed this  Embarassed 

Awesome costume Larry  cheers 

is that your friends store ?
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Arohks fleet trooper costume   Arohks fleet trooper costume I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 1:30 am

The fleet  trooper costume turned out really well Larry   Smile 
I know that the helmet was a kit that you put together, but how did you come by the rest of it. Was it all made from scratch?
Where did you find the boots?
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Arohks fleet trooper costume   Arohks fleet trooper costume I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 8:52 pm

That is my friends store James he took a few photos the customers didn't know what the hell was going on when I walked in dressed like that most knew right of what I was aside from the young kids who thought I was a member of our military Smile I had fun though.

Lets see the whole outfit was bought although my sewing skills are not to bad it would have been more expensive for me to get all the material to make it here is the stuff I used the holster I made from a brown pool cue bag the belt and buckle were bought the buckle on ebay and the belt at a local store the blaster is a redone nerf fleet trooper one that I did myself,The boot are a set of 1960s black leather German jack boots from ebay which were perfect as the troopers boots are shorter and most have buckles on the sides, the shirt and vest were bought on ebay believe it or not from a place called hammerheart44 here's the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Rebel-Fleet-Trooper-Shirt-Vest-Pants-Costume-Halloween-set-/150792224352?pt=US_Costumes&var=&hash=item231beabe60 I figured for the price it would be a good template until I got the stuff and realised it was done really well aside from the pants they are not that great I accually have two that I bought I got a medium set first then a large as the medium was just a tad tight on me so if your larger the 160lbs the large is better if anyone wants the medium set shirt/vest let me know it dosn't do me any good Smile. The pants I used were from a army surplus store propper grey swat pants. the helmet was from a place called studio creations the price is really good and the quality is really good I got some great reviews for the whole outfit from a group of 501'st guys at the toy show which from imperial troops I will take as a great compliment lol.
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Arohks fleet trooper costume   Arohks fleet trooper costume I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 9:09 pm

That's a great outfit, Larry. :clap:  You'll fit right in at the next celebration. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Arohks fleet trooper costume   Arohks fleet trooper costume I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 9:16 pm

I am planning on the Seattle comicon next year if all goes right I would love to do to one of the celebration like in Disney world I am sure the wife would be ok to been seen with me if I took her there Smile. I was thinking of wearing it to the new star wars movie on opening night I will be seeing how many people I can get together for that I have a friend who has an awesome Anakin costume well if Anakin were a girl Smile.
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Arohks fleet trooper costume   Arohks fleet trooper costume I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 4:09 pm

Good looking Rebel costume there, I'm getting into Star Wars costuming a fair bit myself.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Arohks fleet trooper costume   Arohks fleet trooper costume I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 3:06 pm

Hey Larry, any chance you can repair the broken links in your first post?

Would be great to see your custome in TIG's Tosche Station.

Cheers

Marco
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Arohks fleet trooper costume   Arohks fleet trooper costume I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 3:23 pm

Seconded!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Arohks fleet trooper costume   Arohks fleet trooper costume I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 3:45 pm

sorry all forgot I moved them here are the pics

Arohks fleet trooper costume Rebelcostume1_zps84b9e687
Arohks fleet trooper costume Rebelcostume2_zpsfdac88a8
Arohks fleet trooper costume Rebelcostume3_zpsf9551b62
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Arohks fleet trooper costume   Arohks fleet trooper costume I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 3:53 pm

Thanks Larry. I've added the photos to your first post.  Very Happy 

Steve
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arohks fleet trooper costume   Arohks fleet trooper costume I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arohks fleet trooper costume

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1