The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

..... Jabba the Hutt front pic... ledy figures? ?..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

..... Jabba the Hutt front pic... ledy figures? ?.. Empty
PostSubject: ..... Jabba the Hutt front pic... ledy figures? ?..   ..... Jabba the Hutt front pic... ledy figures? ?.. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 3:16 am

Maybe is something that it has been discuss already
But in the jabba the hutt box ( front pic from Kenner, Keener Canada ) seems to appear a Ledy Bib Fortuna Burgundy Cape (not the same one that appears in  the kenner Back 77 or 79 BF RED cape)  and the Squid Cape Blaybe is something that it has been discuss yet...
But in the jabba the hutt box ( front pic) seems to appear a Ledy Bib Fortuna Burgundy Cape and the Squid Cape Black cape (maybe  very dark brown cape)

Back 65 appears Bib Fortuna with grey cape and SH with black cape (very dark brown cape)
Back 77 appears Bib Fortuna with Red cape ( not even close to the burgundy color) and SH with black cape (very dark brown cape)
Back 79 appears BF with Red cape (not even close to the burgundy color ) and SH with black cape (very dark brown cape)

Lili ledy catalogs have the same BF with Burgundy cape ans SH with black cape (dark brown cape) and same goes for the inserts that was inside the LL Darth Vader collector case...

Any input on that? ????....
ack cape (maybe  very dark brown cape)

Back 65 appears Bib Fortuna with grey cape and SH with black cape (very dark brown cape)
Back 77 appears Bib Fortuna with Red cape ( not even close to the burgundy color) and SH with black cape (very dark brown cape)
Back 79 appears BF with Red cape (not even close to the burgundy color ) and SH with black cape (very dark brown cape)

Lili ledy catalogs have the same BF with Burgundy cape ans SH with black cape (dark brown cape) and same goes for the inserts that were inside the LL Darth Vader collector case...

Any input on that? ????....
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: ..... Jabba the Hutt front pic... ledy figures? ?..   ..... Jabba the Hutt front pic... ledy figures? ?.. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 9:54 am

As far as I know they are prototypes for the most part, several of the figures feature non production colours, Luke Jedi and Squid Head probably being the most obvious.

The Bib on the Jabba Box does have the LL burgundy look for sure though.

The Red cape from the 77 back is an early prototype that recently went for sale along with several others including the black cape/gold belt Squid from the 77 Back.

..... Jabba the Hutt front pic... ledy figures? ?.. Sw_6110

..... Jabba the Hutt front pic... ledy figures? ?.. Sw_8110
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: ..... Jabba the Hutt front pic... ledy figures? ?..   ..... Jabba the Hutt front pic... ledy figures? ?.. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 2:58 pm

Yes , I remember that a member from RS sold those prototypes because he decided to change of focus. LOL

Still, the question is unanswered,  the Bib Fortuna that appears in the Jabba the Hut box is definitely not the red cape bib that appears in the back 77,79. To me the one that appears in the box is a Burgundy Cape similar or exactly like the lili ledy (no doubt about that).

The question will be..... why they didn't use the red cape Bib and instead used a /similar/look alike  LL BFBC?

The general knowledge says that LL get the incorrect color because Kenner told them to produce it based on the pic of the card (that looks burgundy)... and the LL production team thought... it looks kind of red, just a different tone and start the production of the burgundy cape, until kenner notice it and told them to stop and change it.... but how on earth a LL BF Burgundy  cape end up in the photo of the jabba the hutt box if kenner stated that was incorrect?????

The insert that was inside the LL vader collector case showed a very diferent lando skiff guard, uses a R2 sensorscope, the luke jedi with the mexican made cape with a button,  the black cape bib and of course the burgundy BF...

Maybe this has been answered somewhere in RS or any other forum.... I will appreciate if somebody has the link to that probable thread (you will save me a lot of time!)

Thanks!!..
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: ..... Jabba the Hutt front pic... ledy figures? ?..   ..... Jabba the Hutt front pic... ledy figures? ?.. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 3:58 pm

Interesting question. :clap:   Here is a picture of the Canadian Jabba the Hutt box that I have.  I took this picture about a year ago and the box is in storage at the moment.  I will have to dig it out and look at it in the daylight.  I'm not sure if the Bib cape is just a dark brown cape?  The Squid Head cape seams to be the black cape prototype with the gold belt.  I'm interest to see what others think. Very Happy 

..... Jabba the Hutt front pic... ledy figures? ?.. Img_3810
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: ..... Jabba the Hutt front pic... ledy figures? ?..   ..... Jabba the Hutt front pic... ledy figures? ?.. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 4:22 pm

I cant upload any pics from my mobile, but seems to me that he is holding a brown staff  .... is that correct?

Everybody sees the same thing??

That BF BC looks exactly as my carded example. ( this is madness!!!)...LOL!!

No doubt about the SH, very dark brown/black cape...
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: ..... Jabba the Hutt front pic... ledy figures? ?..   ..... Jabba the Hutt front pic... ledy figures? ?.. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 6:51 pm

On Clint's picture the Bib cape does look a lot more brown to me, rather than burgundy, it looks like it matches the Bib on the 65 Back cards, the dark staff also seems to match.
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: ..... Jabba the Hutt front pic... ledy figures? ?..   ..... Jabba the Hutt front pic... ledy figures? ?.. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 7:07 pm

General Kahn wrote:
On Clint's picture the Bib cape does look a lot more brown to me, rather than burgundy, it looks like it matches the Bib on the 65 Back cards, the dark staff also seems to match.

Yeap....looks like the one that appears on the back 65 ....  I think thats the one that Lili ledy seem to tried to copy for their BF production... that is quite similar!...

I wonder if this has been discussed some where.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ..... Jabba the Hutt front pic... ledy figures? ?..   ..... Jabba the Hutt front pic... ledy figures? ?.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

..... Jabba the Hutt front pic... ledy figures? ?..

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1