The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts.   OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 10:18 am

The lack of a reliable notification system is taking the fun out of this game for me. Yet again zero notifications and another round missed Sad

Anyway with out sounding like a complete and utter moaning miserable bastard....keep up the good work Steve, your doing a tremendous job but technology is letting it down big time. Maybe something that can be addressed in the future so that all players are on an even keel?

OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts. Packers-dont-throw-in-the-towel1-1
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts.   OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 10:20 am

Funny really, I'm getting all notifications bang on time now, exactly the same on previous days  No 
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts.   OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 10:21 am

If the alerts aren't working even after trying my suggestions, than man that sucks.  No
Is it me or do the UK folks seem to be stating this more than others? No idea how or why that would matter at all though.
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts.   OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 10:29 am

We invented the computor and the internet! We love inventing stuff and then letting the rest of the world leaving us choking on the dust as they take it to the next level.....

I'm still using 'Big Blue' here  :cool laugh: 
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts.   OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 10:40 am

I've never actually used alerts, yet I've still managed to come second on two previous detail games.  Cool 

All I can do is give a half hour warning before each round for the benefit of those of you experiencing 20 minute delays.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts.   OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 11:07 am

Razz  LOL you big softies using alerts. When I was a wee nipper I won a Detail game without any alerts.  (unfortunately the forum software is never 100% reliable). part of the fun is trying to be online when there's a game coming and trying to catch Steve's announcement  - I was online for the last game but putting the shopping away when it started so missed it  Embarassed  Five minutes later Alex and Jay had cleaned up lol!
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts.   OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 11:19 am

found these today ...

OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts. 06800610

anyone got some cheese to go along with them ?  :cool laugh: 

Last edited by ourchickenshack on Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts.   OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 11:20 am

I have no idea what's happening here?!?! I just received a notification to find another 6 posts.

I've tried the watch/unwatch tip yet I've only been able to catch 4 of the 9 rounds. Bizarre when I spend at least 10 hours in front of a PC every day and my iphone never leaves my side.

I'm just baffled  unsure 
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts.   OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 11:27 am

walkie wrote:
I have no idea what's happening here?!?! I just received a notification to find another 6 posts.

I've tried the watch/unwatch tip yet I've only been able to catch 4 of the 9 rounds. Bizarre when I spend at least 10 hours in front of a PC every day and my iphone never leaves my side.

I'm just baffled  unsure 
Stef.... question........ when you said you got an alert and then noticed 6 other replies, what post number did the alert send you? The last or the one with 6 below it?
If it links to the top one with new underneath it, check the timestamps of email and the post. Are they the same? Just trying to see where it may be dropping. If you could give details of the exact scenario maybe we can figure it out.

Also, the same old things apply... check spam folder, trash, gmail conversation view (which I hate and disable) and even check your email clients to make sure there is no anti-spam/flooding feature (too many near identical emails in X period of time).

This whole thing does intrigue me.
Maybe a new topic to find out who has problems and see if we can find any common denominators could help?

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts.   OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 11:35 am

I have no idea what you just said  Razz 

Half an hour notice is good for me, gives me just enough time to button up my pants and start using the computer for something else :cool laugh: 
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts.   OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 11:43 am

just received one for James post at 3:19 within the last few minutes. It's now 3:43 as I'm typing.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts.   OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 11:45 am

psybertech wrote:

This whole thing does intrigue me.
Maybe a new topic to find out who has problems and see if we can find any common denominators could help?

cheers!
Very Happy

Excellent idea Jay, I was thinking the same thing. I'll movet he last few posts as I don't wan the issue derailing this thread.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts.   OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:11 pm

15:45 post notification arrived at 16:03, so roughly a 18 minute delay.

I clicked the link and you'd moved the posts you crafty people!!
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts.   OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:12 pm

Stef,

Can you forward me the next alert to my email address so I can take a look at it?
Back to top Go down
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts.   OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:15 pm

I don't have alerts either so have missed 5 of the rounds. My phone for whatever reason is slow on receiving any kind of notification and has often been close to going through the window after missing ending Ebay listings.

I spent most of an hour refreshing the page the other night.  lol! 

Two of the answers were gone when I noticed it had started.  doh
Back to top Go down
http://www.familytreeman.co.uk
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts.   OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:23 pm

I also need to change my email address connected to the site.

Not clear how to do it.  unsure 
Back to top Go down
http://www.familytreeman.co.uk
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts.   OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:27 pm

Section 8 wrote:
I also need to change my email address connected to the site.

Not clear how to do it.  unsure 

hrrmmmm.... I just looked and don't see a way to change emails. It looks like your name and email are tied together and perhaps unable to be changed.

MODS?  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts.   OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:35 pm

psybertech wrote:
Stef,

Can you forward me the next alert to my email address so I can take a look at it?

J, I've just emailed you the notification for this post (Today at 4:12 pm), landed at 16:32, 20 mins late.

Last edited by walkie on Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts.   OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:35 pm

Only an admin can change the Email. If you send it to me, I'll happily do it.

The topic notification Emails are strange. They're supposed to Email you once until you return to the page. Then it starts again. But sometimes it doesn't work.

My suggestion is to just quit your jobs, give up grooming, and live on TIG 24/7  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts.   OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 10:22 am

Anyone with issues, can you try this?

You need to do a google search to help you find out how to get to see your email's HEADERS.
Once you find out how to get the headers from your client, copy and paste them into this site and click 'Parse';

email header details

This can be used to see where the delay is. My gut says it will be sent at the right time of the new TIG message but get stuck before the received part (your inbox).

I'd be curious to hear the results if anyone tries this.

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts.   OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OT Issues with receiving notifitions/alerts.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1