The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Opinions wanted: changing my ebay username

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

Opinions wanted: changing my ebay username Empty
PostSubject: Opinions wanted: changing my ebay username   Opinions wanted: changing my ebay username I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 8:46 am

OK.... back in 2006 I changed my username from psybertech to what it is currently since I wanted it to reflect what  I was currently selling at that time. Years passed and I sold all sorts of stuff that didn't fit with that name after the first year or two.

Flash forward to today... the past year solid I have sold 95% Star Wars related items and really would like to have my nick psybertech back on the account.

If I were to change it:
  • Do you think it would hurt sales because of the recently changed ID logo (temporarily)?
  • Could it hurts sales of people used to my old nick now not knowing it is me (even though my listing style is very unique) - I do tend to get a few repeat buyers.
  • Could it help sales of any forum goers that might recognize me?
  • Other?
Please let me know what you think.
And if you have done it before had you noticed any changes to your selling patterns?

Any input is welcomed!

Thanks.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted: changing my ebay username   Opinions wanted: changing my ebay username I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 10:30 am

I don't immediately associate Star Wars with the name Psybertech so doesn't really reflect what your selling anyway. It may get forum users checking out your stuff though, but surely you would rather deal with these through the forum to avoid fees. Personally don't read to much into a username on Ebay etc. A good clear listing, price, postage and feedback is far more relevant.

Unless your going into selling clogs, then Psyberclogs is perfect and more fitting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.familytreeman.co.uk
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted: changing my ebay username   Opinions wanted: changing my ebay username I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 10:52 am

It wont hurt your sales, people will just look at your feedback if they wonder why you changed it.
I had 5 numbers and a full stop at the end of mine, it was confusing, so a few months ago i changed the end of it to 3 simple numbers i could remember, it was an easy process.
Not sure about the old customers, but if they have you in their fav sellers you will still remain there.

What you could do is change it back and have your old one in brackets after it, leave it for a few months then change it.

I recon just go for it
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted: changing my ebay username   Opinions wanted: changing my ebay username I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 1:21 pm

I dont think it will hurt your sales at all. May actually help with some sales. I know several guys on the forums are in my favorite sellers list and if they put up an item I am after I usually send them a message asking if they want to do the deal off ebay to save fees. Several guys here have the same name on ebay as they have on the forum. James (our chicken shack) is the one I can think of most of the top of my head, and I actually met James through ebay prior to his posting a lot here (he was a member already just didnt post a lot).

I think the most important thing , at least when I am buying from ebay sellers, is their feedback. I do not tend to buy from sellers with low or no feedback count. I dont even usually look to see if they have changed their id recently, as long as their recent feedbacks are good.

Just out of curiosity, why not try to sell on the forums first? I dont know what you usually list so maybe it wont sell here but you could give it a shot.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted: changing my ebay username   Opinions wanted: changing my ebay username I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 1:53 pm

Thanks for the opinions guys. I'm still mulling it over, but I would love to get my psybertech back.

Bryan - as for selling on board instead, honestly most of my stuff is so basic or non-special that in the past those types of items I put up never really sold (basic figures with paint rubs, not perfect things really). But if I have something special or think anyone here would be interested, I have offered and sold them here first. Smile

Anyway... thanks guys. Smile

Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted: changing my ebay username   Opinions wanted: changing my ebay username I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinions wanted: changing my ebay username

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1