The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research Empty
PostSubject: My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research    My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 11:59 am

After nearly a year of research and notes and over 6 months in the making, I am pleased to officially release my website detailing everything Princess Leia Organa in her Bespin Gown.

http://leia.bespin.info/

I took inspiration from Alex's (General Kahn) Bespin Luke Limelight and Research thread here on TIG and everything Wolff (wbobafett) has done on his website when I first started collecting late last year.

I decided to build a website rather than post a thread here so the information could remain streamlined.
The website should be considered an extension of TIG! If it weren't for TIG, I doubt I would have gotten far. Smile

The LBI website aims to show what variants exist, where they originated and what accessories belong to each variant out there to help collectors get their figure back to what she shipped with.
I also hope this will give ideas to collectors as to what exact Leia Bespin figures that they want to showcase in their collections.

Please feel free to post questions, comments or any info about Leia Bespin and the website here as this will be the only discussion area for the website.
Please feel free to link to pages or images from the site if it will help with your questions and comments!!!

The site is far from done, so please keep an eye out here where I will announce new sections, articles, figures, MOCs and more as I add to the site.

On the site there is a 'Credits' page where I tried to thank everyone that helped me get this far, so please take a second to visit that page to see all those that helped me along my journey (which is far from complete).

Thanks everyone!!!

I hope you enjoy and find some benefit from the site. It has been a labor of love and I do hope you like it too.

cheers!
Very Happy

Last edited by psybertech on Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research    My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 11:59 am

RESERVED FOR UPDATES AND NEWS

Planned feature additions:

• Full COO Markings Guide
  • POCH/LEDY/KENNER Cape comparisons [started]
  • A history/timeline of the COO families
  • Decision needs to be made about VX? blaster

Cleanup:

• Updated images where needed

Corrections/Updates:

• Corrected a couple confirmed COO#4 blaster version numbers - used old version system - 1/2/2014
  • Updated Palitoy/Ledy Blonde info to point out different eye colors [HERE]  - 1/2/2014

• Yeah, these updates have failed! haha..... Razz I have been replying with updates, so you can quickly browse my replies to see the latest additions.

Completed Additions:

• Added Tim (BornTheYearOf) Blaster first shot pics [HERE] - thanks, Tim! - 1/4/2014
  • Added Red Hair/Brown Eyed POCH Leia images [HERE]  - thanks, Ricardo! - 1/7/2014

• Yeah, these updates have failed! haha..... Razz I have been replying with updates, so you can quickly browse my replies to see the latest additions.

Last edited by psybertech on Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:49 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : cleaned up my failed recap attempts of this post...... :( sorry)
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research    My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 12:40 pm

Nicely done Jason. cheers :clap: 
I had a quick look at the web site, but will have to go back to it later for a better look. It looks great so far. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research    My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 12:55 pm

A fantastic new site Jay, congratulations mate its a brilliant, informative and much needed addition to the world of vintage SW collecting. I've just been checking out the cape variation guide, amongst other things, excellent pics with clear and helpful descriptions. Very well done mate, it must be very satisfying to know all those hours of study and research have finally come to fruition with this fantastic new site  cheers cheers cheers :clap: :clap: :clap:
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research    My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 12:57 pm

Fantastic work Jay!  :clap:  What I've read so far is very clear and set out well.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research    My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 3:16 pm

Finally, the big launch party  drinking  You already know my thoughts on the site Jay, fantastic work chief, glad she's finally up and running  :clap:   cheers   :clap: 
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research    My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 4:03 pm

awesome work Jay  :clap: 

What do you think about posting a link in the FOTW section  Very Happy 

That would probably be a really good place to have a link to your work where it will be found more frequently  thinking 

Steve has been doing a lot of work in the FOTW section - maby he could add a link near the top of the thread too or at least somewhere more noticeable ?
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research    My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 4:13 pm

Thanks everyone!

It's been a long time and man, it is still far from done!  Shocked 

ourchickenshack wrote:

That would probably be a really good place to have a link to your work where it will be found more frequently  thinking 

Steve has been doing a lot of work in the FOTW section - maby he could add a link near the top of the thread too or at least somewhere more noticeable ?

Actually, I was thinking about that and whatever everyone thinks is best, I say go for it.

I guess I can officially request my name to be placed into the focus collectors index now! Laughing

I also would love to contribute directly to the capes and blasters sections of the main content site. I'm willing to tweak things if needed to fit in better here visually.

Anyway....... Smile

I am happy about the responses so far. I just hope everyone can find it to be useful and most of all, accurate! haha

cheers, everyone
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research    My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 4:20 pm

Jay, with such an extensive amount of research on one specific theme, you should easily earn a PhD degree. I am serious.

Great and interesting contents, nice design, well explained. Just love it.  :clap: 

BTW: I like your image policy as well. Very forum friendly.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research    My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 6:12 pm

psybertech wrote:
Thanks everyone!

It's been a long time and man, it is still far from done!  Shocked 

ourchickenshack wrote:

Actually, I was thinking about that and whatever everyone thinks is best, I say go for it.

Sorted. It's been added to the 1st page of the Leia Bespin thread.  Very Happy

Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research    My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 7:02 pm

Congrats on your new site Jay.
I have only had a quick look, well done Sir.
The cape section is amazing, you have done an outstanding job with this.
Brilliant. :clap: 
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research    My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 8:33 pm

Great work  Smile 
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research    My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 4:03 am

Jay, fantastic work! I remember you letting me see the site in its infancy - it looks superb. Congrats  Cool 

psybertech wrote:

I guess I can officially request my name to be placed into the focus collectors index now! Laughing

Very Happy

absolutely! Been waiting to add this. Will get on that soon.

psybertech wrote:

I also would love to contribute directly to the capes and blasters sections of the main content site. I'm willing to tweak things if needed to fit in better here visually.
Very Happy

Love to. Let's bounce some ideas around again in PM soon!
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research    My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 5:58 pm

Just seen your site mate, Wow Jay you are the Liea Bespin man! Great work  cheers
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research    My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 8:38 am

Damn...must have missed the official launch! Shocked  Sad 

I am excited to see what changes/additions you have made by now!!  affraid 

Ahh...finally some great right for the late hours today  cheers 

Kudos

Amazing work it was already as I had a sneak!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: 

Best

Wolff
Back to top Go down
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research    My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 2:43 am

Congrats on a job well done! The site looks amazing and is just a wealth of knowledge. Many thanks for sharing your labor of love Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.retrorewindtoys.com
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research    My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 1:10 pm

Thanks again everyone!!!

It definitely is a work in progress!

On the first page, second post, I outline changes and additions to the site.

Already I have added a couple things and fixed a couple as well.

The biggest addition is a fourth confirmed possible paint variation for the POCH figure thanks to a confirmation and photos from Ricardo (ackbar100)!!!

Anyway.......

I am happy you guys like it!

Feel free to post here or PM me with any questions, concerns, observations or any missing photos I may have!

Thanks again!
cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research    My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 10:18 am

I have updated my site over the past couple of months, but the past two days I have added some great new stuff showing off the Palitoy Blonde Leia (identical to her Lili Ledy twin sister), some red hair toned examples, a legit GM 45 Back was finally added to the packaging section plus some other bits here and there.

Its the biggest update so far since release, but its all pretty subtle unless you memorize the site. lol!

Anyway... I am so happy to have the Palitoy example now and a legit GM 45 Back shown on the site! What a Face 

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research    My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:08 pm

Super stuff, Jay.

I have just used it to identify my two Leia's. Was real easy to follow and the big pictures are ace to use for comparisons.

My two Leia's are:

Kenner 1B: Crew Neck - AKA Flesh Neck
Palitoy 5A: Pale Face

Was even a breeze to check the V3A cape on the Kenner. Well done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.familytreeman.co.uk
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research    My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 5:46 pm

Huge update with new additions and info added today.

Most notably the addition of the SW-A Leia baggie which is just a cool and ultra rare piece. But picking up the ROTJ Clipper (Palitoy) 45 back has been a treat as well.  Cool 

A lot of things are coming together about theories relating to molds and accessories as they pertain to factories which I hope to start writing up a more generic, but complete, overview of what I have seen with some of my latest spots and acquisitions.

And thanks for the kudos both public and private guys! cheers

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vin3po
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
vin3po

PostSubject: Re: My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research    My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 5:35 pm

Nice Site and Collection Jay

Glad Frank let you know about the SW-A baggies also its a real nice piece.

No joy on that sample proof Moc ?

Cheers

Vince
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research    My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 5:48 pm

Hey Vince,

Thanks!  cyclops 
The site is a labor of love... emphasis on LABOR! lol!

And yeah, I would love that sample MOC, but its outside my range right now.  No  Sad
I'd love to have it for sure, but aside from a long payment plan (which I'd rather avoid), I'll just hope it stays put for a while.

Anyway.......... cheers, Vince! Smile
Back to top Go down
vin3po
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
vin3po

PostSubject: Re: My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research    My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 6:06 pm

Payment Plans are what collections are made of my friend , I know mine is anyhow  lol! 
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research    My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 2:28 pm

@Vin.. yeah, no doubt! Smile

I just updated my site with details on the POCH Family #2 Leia Bespin (direct link to entry) as well as fixing a bunch of little things and added my ESB Proof.

A decent little update.

cheers and enjoy!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research    My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 2:07 pm

Another update to the site today.  cheers 

Added a head comparison chart, new pieces and fixed about a half a dozen mistakes due to bad copy and pasting No plus a little cleanup of images.
It amazes me each time I look at the site I can find things out of sort.  study 

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research    My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Princess Leia Bespin Limelight & Research

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next