The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) Empty
PostSubject: The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS)   The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 6:52 am

FOTW: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS)

Please feel free to use the following links to help you expand your knowledge of the figure!

The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) 28689511

-- (Pictures provided by Thundershot) --

- The Imperial Gunnery -- Here is the legendary info on C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) NET
http://www.imperialgunnery.com/otheraccessories.htm
CLICK HERE

- The Imperial Gunnery WATCH OUT SECTION -- REPRODUCTION figures (aka C-3PO DROIDS) invaluable info guide
http://www.imperialgunnery.com/reproductionfigures.htm
CLICK HERE

- TIG Vintage Star Wars COO GUIDE -- our own C-3PO COO guide
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/Vintage-Star-Wars-COO-Guide-h14.htm#C3PO%20Removable%20Limbs
CLICK HERE

- Here is a great LIMELIGHT on EVERYTHING C-3PO -- C-3PO LIMELIGHT FOCUS is provided by vin3po
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5195-vintage-c-3po-collection-another-focus-update-jan-2013-all-my-3po-items?highlight=FOCUS
CLICK HERE

- An excellent thread by Dr Dengar -- LILI LEDY guide -- C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) info is located on PAGE 23 as well as guides and rules surrounding LILI LEDY
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2135p570-the-lili-ledy-guide-discussion-thread-part-1#C-3PO
CLICK HERE

- PROTOTYPES and PRE-PRODUCTIONS by stevemac1976 -- Exactly that, take a look!
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t1221-the-pre-production-prototypes-thread#
CLICK HERE

- The Jedi Temple Archives -- CARDBACKS and LOOSE C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) guides
http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/vintagemoc/#cardbacks
CLICK HERE

All of the following sites, threads, and pages above have taken a lot of hard work and years to put together.

It is a priceless well of information by the TIG team and other avid collectors and fans.

Thank you for your dedication!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you're still having trouble finding what you're looking for, please feel free to ask!

-- And don't forget to check out all of the other posts below as they are LOADED with useful information and pictures!

After all, this is still a FIGURE OF THE WEEK thread!  Stormie Smiley

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
*Links and other information gathered by Lobotic*

The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) 2941-710

Last edited by cantina_patron on Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS)   The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 7:32 am

DarthBerizing wrote:

Removable Limbs Canadian 77bk

The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) C3PO_Front1

mr_palitoy wrote:

Palitoy 65 back:-

The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) Afa_90_c3po_removable_limbs

Jason

Kevin Lentz wrote:
Glasslite POTF and Kenner 47A.

The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) 035a

aussiejames wrote:

RL  #1, #3 & Ledy (#3)
The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) Sdc12614
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS)   The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 9:57 am

Regular tape sealed baggie

The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) <a href=The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) DSCF6694_zpsaa8faf35" />

The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) <a href=The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) Baggie_zps2167983d" />

Last edited by chris.75 on Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jawa.57
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
jawa.57

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS)   The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 11:18 am

a trilogo double stem

The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) Dscf5510
Back to top Go down
TheGent
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS)   The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 4:27 am

Any Infos on this silver removable limbs C-3PO - he has a No COO blank raised bar.
The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) 2rke4The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) 7pjrj
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS)   The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 4:38 am

As far as I am aware the blank bar COO was never released by Lili Ledy.

Is your C-3PO being advertised as a Ledy figure?

Cheers

Marco
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS)   The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 4:41 am

The no coo blank raised bar RL 3-PO is a Kenner release. I have seen them in both gold & a silvery finish.
Back to top Go down
TheGent
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Temp   The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 5:07 am

No, he was sold as a no coo blank raised bar. I wasn't hoping him for being a ledy one, I just found this thread on removable limbs c-3po. If there is a better thread please move my posts there. 

I was just curious on his origin, say if he's a late ROTJ or Trilogo release or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS)   The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 5:20 am

I like the silver finish of the figure, Gent!

Your post has been moved to C-3PO´s FOTW thread.

Cheers

Marco
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
TheGent
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS)   The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 5:31 am

Yes, thank you Marco. Hope someone here can tell me more on production era or other details.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS)   The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 7:37 am

cantina_patron wrote:
The no coo blank raised bar RL 3-PO is a Kenner release. I have seen them in both gold & a silvery finish.
Agreed, I saw one today in a Kenner baggie.  I've gone to check mine but the nets are in the way so I can not re confirm this. In my experiment for Vince re his 'unplated' C3PO I found the gold can be easily changed (via chemicals) to silver so I suspect most if not all 'silver' C3POs are  a result of degredation.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS)   The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 8:30 am

I think the process of chroming the C-3PO's basically involved placing the figure in an air tight container and blasting fine partials of aluminium at the figure. The level of yellow-ness is control by the amount of varnish then added to the coating. Less varnish = silver, more varnish = deep gold.

This is most likely the cause of gold top R2-D2's and DSD, where over time the varnish has discoloured and gone yellow or gold.

Back to top Go down
TheGent
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS)   The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 3:58 am

If he's a true variation or just degredation - I just call him U-3PO and am fine with it.  Very Happy

But thank you all for your comments and info.
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS)   The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 5:23 pm

Kenner ESB 48-back

The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) 145666792189758300_resized

The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) 145666791737714600_resized
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS)   The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 10:38 am

:bump:
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS)   The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 9:41 pm

:bump: for beautiful, new title pictures by Thundershot!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS)   The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The TIG FOTW Thread: C-3PO (REMOVABLE LIMBS)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1