The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Snowtrooper Help.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jedi_june
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Jedi_june

Snowtrooper Help. Empty
PostSubject: Snowtrooper Help.   Snowtrooper Help. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 6:11 pm

I have 2 other Snowies I'm trying to get checked out. Just looking to get more info on these figs and a evaluation as well.

1st off is a HK coo on the boot with Hard Torso, I was told this figure is pretty rare to find? Very clean fig with tight limbs. Also an evaluation on price is also appreciated.
Snowtrooper Help. FC3E7336-FBC8-4193-9243-54A9791012B6_zpsw2gmf7rf

Also it has 2 circular indentations on the cape?????
Snowtrooper Help. B31EBA2A-6A13-4BDF-B47D-6E7D025FA76D_zpslpkqtbsb

The Coo
Snowtrooper Help. 09807B71-7FD3-45F1-B271-9C3B98613E84_zps3v5h3kwg

2nd Figure. I'm thinking this is maybe a YPS, Tri- Logo or PBP??? But it has a Scared Out Coo (with only the NG of hong and the NG of kong showing) also has the Univisor helmet and the Round Cape Holes. Looks to be a hard torso but I'm not to sure. His left arm is slightly loose. Also a pricing eval would be cool Very Happy
Snowtrooper Help. 3197DEB5-C138-4F48-875B-33A688B17F67_zpsze7iccvw
Snowtrooper Help. 64CE511B-9F7F-4D78-BF90-2FF0A44EAE8C_zpsdyt4ehnw
Snowtrooper Help. 6AFB3BEE-4015-4E48-B1F6-430F9F5955B8_zpspnomtewi
Snowtrooper Help. DEB70E64-6788-4523-91AB-3EC97D2562F9_zpsvz4nx6p8
The Coo
Snowtrooper Help. FD686EBE-67F0-4256-A66F-3F4CDF082DF1_zpsvrwgzuap

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

Snowtrooper Help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowtrooper Help.   Snowtrooper Help. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 4:50 pm

Hi June - glad to see you posting here again  cheers 

Those are sweet looking Troopers - hopefully someone here will be able to answer your questions  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

Snowtrooper Help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowtrooper Help.   Snowtrooper Help. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 6:04 pm

Hi June, nice to hear from you again, hope your well chief. The Snowtroopers, I'm not familiar with the first one to be honest, hard torso with the Hong Kong boot stamp, not sure, the ones I have don't have the hard torso so I can't really say.

The second one is a Euro Snowtrooper, the COO on these can be found in numerous different ways, not really sure why, I would say that the COO was filled rather crudely and bit's probably broke off over time and the mold was then filled again, ultimately reulting in lots of different COO markings.
The Euro Snowtrooper, appeared on Tri-Logo cards for certain, probablt PBP and Palitoy as well and of course it was these figures that appeared on the YPS German 'give away' magazine. Whether or not there is a specific COO (no COO) marking that was unique to the YPS Snowtrooper I don't know, however it is likely that at least a couple of the random No COO variation could be found.

The cape with the 'circles' is the correct one for the Euro trooper, it should be quite shiny and also flimsy compared to the standard version. This cape would appear to be unique to Europe.

As for valuations  :scratch:  Hard to say mate, not familiar with the first figure so couldn't say, the Euro figures do sell for a little more than a standard trooper, but nothing to exstensive. In the past I have seen 'mint' YPS stormies with the G.I. Joe gun sell for £75 ($122) so you never know?

Heres my super white minty mint YPS Trooper with correct cape and G.I. Joe Enfield Rifle  Very Happy 

Snowtrooper Help. 5a_imp10

Hope some of this helps buddy, all the best for Christmas dude  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Snowtrooper Help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowtrooper Help.   Snowtrooper Help. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 7:52 pm

I paid around $100 for 2 similar euro (/PBP) snowtroopers ( round hole capes, one with a similar CoO )
Snowtrooper Help. Sdc13021
Back to top Go down
Jedi_june
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Jedi_june

Snowtrooper Help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowtrooper Help.   Snowtrooper Help. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 1:30 am

Thanks guys for the replies, much appreciated & it's great to be back collecting again  cheers 

Lots of info there General Kahn  bounce the cape on the 2nd trooper is very shiny on one side  geek wow but that YPS Trooper you have is awesome with the action force rifle  cyclops I've been wanting one of those  :Drool: 

Thanks for the eval aussiejames

Happy Holidays to you all

Peace
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Snowtrooper Help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowtrooper Help.   Snowtrooper Help. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snowtrooper Help.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1