The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Santa hats for vintage figures - where?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

Santa hats for vintage figures - where? Empty
PostSubject: Santa hats for vintage figures - where?   Santa hats for vintage figures - where? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 4:38 pm

Hey guys,

I am sure you guys have seen some pictures of vintage SW figures wearing little Santa hats (sorry, I can't seem to find a picture now Sad)... but I am trying to find a place to buy them and can't find anything close. All I seem to find is baby or girls hats. Neutral

I am guessing they probably were custom made, but I don't know for sure.

So.... anyone know where I can buy them? Or, does anyone want to make a few bucks to make me some? I am sure I suck at hat making. lol! 

Let me know!

cheers and thanks!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: Santa hats for vintage figures - where?   Santa hats for vintage figures - where? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 4:41 pm

This is just an idea, I don't actually know if it'll work, but you could try looking in the craft department of dollar stores or Michaels. unsure 
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Santa hats for vintage figures - where?   Santa hats for vintage figures - where? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 4:45 pm

JesseVader08 wrote:
This is just an idea, I don't actually know if it'll work, but you could try looking in the craft department of dollar stores or Michaels.  unsure 
That would involve me wearing panties and I don't wear panties! haha

Just kidding... I have no idea what is inside those stores other than, well, lonely divorcees or grandmothers in a sea of fabric, twine and rhinestones. I can pop over and run the gauntlet to see what they have. If I am there I guess I will have to buy some red velvet and some cotton balls as a fall back plan if no one can help otherwise. Laughing

Thanks for the suggestion JV!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: Santa hats for vintage figures - where?   Santa hats for vintage figures - where? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 4:47 pm

Ha! I've got 2 daughters, so I've ventured down the gauntlet a couple times, but I'm far from a crafting veteran. Good luck!

Oh, and I think you'll find that after a while the panties feel quite nice. What a Face 
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Santa hats for vintage figures - where?   Santa hats for vintage figures - where? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 5:20 pm

hey Jay -

I found this on ebay :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-SCALE-SMALL-SANTA-CLAUS-HAT-12-ACTION-FIGURE-MINIATURE-BARBIE-DOLL-XMAS-/390703781406?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item5af7c2961e#ht_2196wt_880

They are scaled for 12" figures but I have a feeling that the seller may be making them ... perhaps if you contacted them and asked for smaller ones maby they could help you out :scratch: 

If all else fails and you don't have any luck I can probably get my wife to make you some . She is quite "crafty" and I am pretty sure she could do it Cool 
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Santa hats for vintage figures - where?   Santa hats for vintage figures - where? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 5:24 pm

Thanks, Jim.

I just contacted him to see what he has or can do. Smile
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: Santa hats for vintage figures - where?   Santa hats for vintage figures - where? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 2:52 am

Hi Jay,
the hats your looking for are from employee gift sets
that the "Palisades" toy makers would give out to there workers
during the holidays.
Look for Palisades Holiday Ash, from the evil dead movie,
or Palisades Holiday Muppets Rat.
Both are 3 3/4 inch figures and come with the santa hat.
I posted a pic in this years secret santa thread of the hat.
If your looking for 6 inch scale hats, there is a "Toys R Us" Ghostbusters set of 4,
with the santa hats.
They can be pricey.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Santa hats for vintage figures - where?   Santa hats for vintage figures - where? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 7:11 am

Thanks Oscar.

Man, they are expensive! And the Ash is cool as hell. I didn't think to look for Evil Dead action figures in the first place let alone for santa hats!

I think its looking like I'll need to try to make some since I want a bunch and really can't justify buying Ash just for the hat.

cheers! and thanks.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Santa hats for vintage figures - where?   Santa hats for vintage figures - where? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 7:59 am

Let's just Fast Forward to Jay's weekend.............

Santa hats for vintage figures - where? QuiltGuyWorkroom
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Santa hats for vintage figures - where?   Santa hats for vintage figures - where? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 8:17 am

Rich (Triolag) made some.
Santa hats for vintage figures - where? 29-26
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Santa hats for vintage figures - where?   Santa hats for vintage figures - where? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 12:15 pm

no luck with that Ebay seller Jay ?

I asked my wife about making some last night and , in her typical fashion , she went and found some red felt in her arts and crafts supplies . We sat down and experimented a little and found a pretty easy way to make them . The felt we were usuing was a bit too thick (about 1/8") and didn't work real well for such tiny hats - basically it just wouldn't lay right - they looked more like birthday party hats then Santa hats What a Face 

I was thinking about going to Hobby Lobby to get some thinner red cloth or felt that will work much better . If you don't make them yourself let me know and we will give it a shot for you - just let me know how many you want so I can know how much material to purchase Cool  
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Santa hats for vintage figures - where?   Santa hats for vintage figures - where? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 1:29 pm

ourchickenshack wrote:
no luck with that Ebay seller Jay ?

I asked my wife about making some last night and , in her typical fashion , she went and found some red felt in her arts and crafts supplies . We sat down and experimented a little and found a pretty easy way to make them . The felt we were usuing was a bit too thick (about 1/8") and didn't work real well for such tiny hats - basically it just wouldn't lay right - they looked more like birthday party hats then Santa hats What a Face 

I was thinking about going to Hobby Lobby to get some thinner red cloth or felt that will work much better . If you don't make them yourself let me know and we will give it a shot for you - just let me know how many you want so I can know how much material to purchase Cool  
The seller said s/he would check but I haven't heard back yet.

BUT... if you are willing, then yes sir! Thank you!
I was looking for about a dozen at max depending on cost.

If you do this, why do I have a feeling you might have opened a can of "Me Toos!" Razz
I don't know why, but I think they would be pretty popular this time of year!

No worries if you can't do it seeing that in reality, I won't get my ass to a craft store and try anything. I can barely sew a hole shut in a pocket properly. Neutral

Let me know brother! Very Happy

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Santa hats for vintage figures - where?   Santa hats for vintage figures - where? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 2:04 pm

no problem Jay - we can most likely do it for you Very Happy 

The wife and I will take a field trip to Hobby Lobby and see what we can come up with this weekend . I will let you know the cost once we find out how much the materials will cost us but I don't think it will be very much Cool 
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Santa hats for vintage figures - where?   Santa hats for vintage figures - where? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 5:47 pm

woo hoo lol! 

after quite a few failed attempts I think I have finally come up a method to make some fairly decent looking hats cheers 

Since the hats are so tiny and my hands are a bit on the larger side I had a hell of a time making them What a Face 

I will be able to show my wife now and she should be able to be a lot more productive then me - she's use to handling small things anyway ... ba da bump :cool laugh: 

submitted for your approval Jay :

Santa hats for vintage figures - where? Dsc07312
Santa hats for vintage figures - where? Dsc07313
Santa hats for vintage figures - where? Dsc07314

If you like them let me know and I will continue making them and put my wife to work too Twisted Evil 

I hope you don't mind that they aren't perfectly uniform sizes / shapes Embarassed  it's pretty hard to make these on such a small scale and have them turn out identical doh
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Santa hats for vintage figures - where?   Santa hats for vintage figures - where? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 5:57 pm

cheers cheers cheers

They look fantastic!!!!!! Looking at them again on the figure, I guess you don't really appreciate how small the hats really are! Very cool and well done, James!!!!!!!!

I am psyched! Let me know costs and whatnot! I can't way to decorate a few figures now. Smile

cheers and I can't say this enough... thanks! Super Cool!!!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Santa hats for vintage figures - where?   Santa hats for vintage figures - where? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 5:53 am

Wow those hats look great Jim well done mate :clap: :clap: :clap: I bet it wasnt easy sewing such tiny bits of fabric together.
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Santa hats for vintage figures - where?   Santa hats for vintage figures - where? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 9:13 am

James, those santa hats look fantastic.cheers
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Santa hats for vintage figures - where?   Santa hats for vintage figures - where? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 10:56 am

Thanks guys - I am very pleased that you like them cheers 

@ Chris -

luckily I was able to do them without any sewing at all - its all Hot Glued togeather What a Face 

I would be glad to post a step by step tutorial on how to make them yourselves if anyone is interested Wink 

I have actually made a few extra if anyone else wants some and doesn't have the time or patience to make them yourselves . I have gotten making them down well enough now that it takes about a 1/2 hour from start to finish to complete one hat phew  It is actually the small scale that makes them so difficult to make - even if the hats were just scaled up to fit 12" figures it would be so much easier No 

due to the time involved the cheapest I can sell them for will be $5 each (+ whatever shipping is to get them to you) .

Thanks for evryone's kind words again cheers
Back to top Go down
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

PostSubject: Re: Santa hats for vintage figures - where?   Santa hats for vintage figures - where? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 1:30 pm

Can I get to of them please James if its not to much bother buddy, they look ace & will add a bit of vintage sparkle to the decorations
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Santa hats for vintage figures - where?   Santa hats for vintage figures - where? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 7:22 pm

Santa Chicken has been busy What a Face 

I have also made Elf hats now too lol! 

I customized a couple of X-Mas C-3PO figures to model them ...

Santa hats for vintage figures - where? Dsc07516
Santa hats for vintage figures - where? Dsc07517
Santa hats for vintage figures - where? Dsc07518
Santa hats for vintage figures - where? Dsc07519

sorry , my pics suck as usual - one of these days I'll get a decent camera and learn how to take some quality photos Embarassed 

@ Jay - your assortment of Santa and Elf hats will be on their way to you tommorrow Cool 

@Frank - I will hook you up with some hats too What a Face 
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Santa hats for vintage figures - where?   Santa hats for vintage figures - where? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 8:31 pm

Wow James, I like the custom C3POs. Now are they going to be cleverly inserted into a nativity scene or hung on a tree?
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Santa hats for vintage figures - where?   Santa hats for vintage figures - where? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 6:51 am

:clap:  great festive hats, James. I can imagine the Ugnaughts wearing those green Santa's little helper hats Smile
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Santa hats for vintage figures - where?   Santa hats for vintage figures - where? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 8:02 am

LOL jimmy, is there anything you cant do? very cool buddy, your our very own Martha Stewart cheers :clap: 
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Santa hats for vintage figures - where?   Santa hats for vintage figures - where? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 12:05 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Wow James, I like the custom C3POs.  Now are they going to be cleverly inserted into a nativity scene or hung on a tree?

Originally I had just planned on using them as ornaments on one of our trees - my wife decorates our normal green tree and I decorate a little 3' tall vintage silver aluminum tree . I thought the c-3po's would look really cool on the aluminum tree since they have the metallic finish .

now the Nativity suggestion is giving me ideas - a whole Star Wars themed Nativity would be pretty kick ass cheers 

How about some suggestions for what figures to use for which nativity characters What a Face 

Yoda as the little Baby Jesus ??

Artoo_Detour wrote:
great festive hats, James. I can imagine the Ugnaughts wearing those green Santa's little helper hats

stop it !!! Now I have even more ideas ... Ugnaughts with elf hats would need little green aprons to match lol! 

AussieFortuna wrote:
LOL jimmy, is there anything you cant do? very cool buddy, your our very own Martha Stewart

Laughing 

okay you will think I'm a little sick now but ... Yes , there is at least 1 thing I can't do What a Face 

I can't look at Martha Stewart without wanting to bend her over a stove and give her a right proper spanking with a spatula ... she's been a very naughty girl Twisted Evil 

Santa hats for vintage figures - where? Martha10
Santa hats for vintage figures - where? Martha11

come on guys - I know I can't be the only one lol!
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Santa hats for vintage figures - where?   Santa hats for vintage figures - where? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 7:52 pm

Bwahahahahaha your a funny guy lol.. im betting she lives to be whipped indy indy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Santa hats for vintage figures - where?   Santa hats for vintage figures - where? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Santa hats for vintage figures - where?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next