The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Imperial Gunnery Acrylic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Imperial Gunnery Acrylic  Empty
PostSubject: Imperial Gunnery Acrylic    Imperial Gunnery Acrylic  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 12:21 pm

Hey Everyone,

Wanted to get thoughts from the US, Canada and Oz folks.

I'm working on selling cases for MOCs, loose figs, EB Kits, etc. and wanted to see what demand, if any, there is.

Would you guys mind giving me opinions?
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery Acrylic    Imperial Gunnery Acrylic  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 1:01 pm

I am a bit torn on this.
I have such a small amount of MOCs, but do know that since any I do pick up will be displayed, I will always be looking to put them in acrylic for a lot of reasons.

Now, the only issues I have with cases in general is that the sizes are inconsistent depending on where they came from.
I have a few AFA cases and I have two different sizes from them. It takes away from the display a bit in my opinion. I see why my Tri-Logo is different in depth because of the bubble, but it is shorter and just makes my display look 'off'.

That said, I have been buying from Toy Grader to try to keep them consistent for display purposes.

That said.... since I just am getting into MOCs, I wouldn't mind switching sources as long as they are close to the TG/AFA ones in height and width.
And obviously cost is a factor since I tend to only buy 1 or 2 at a time I never qualify for any discount.

Would you be offering UV protected ones as well or just standard acrylic?

anyway.......
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery Acrylic    Imperial Gunnery Acrylic  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 5:54 pm

I keep balking at getting some. I could do with 50+ but the cost is prohibitive.  I'd settle for enough for my MIM run & my better quality MOCs.  Postage is the next killer.  I'd settle for sea mail & wait the few months. Smile There are at least 4 suppliers already & I'm not sure if you could compete?
Back to top Go down
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery Acrylic    Imperial Gunnery Acrylic  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 7:04 pm

I think it would be an uphill struggle to compete with whats already available out there in terms of price & quality if I am honest.

It would all hinge on those 2 points IMO
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery Acrylic    Imperial Gunnery Acrylic  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 7:40 pm

Good points guys.

This would be a joint venture with GW and the quality has been great all around. I'm not worried about that.

In the US I'm competing with AFA and Oscar and frankly that does give me a little pause
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery Acrylic    Imperial Gunnery Acrylic  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 7:55 pm

"This would be a joint venture with GW" this makes a big difference.
You could put me down for a pre order of 25 or a similar quantity that can be shipped in a cost effective manner. ie. sometimes it's cheaper to get two smaller boxes than one big one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery Acrylic    Imperial Gunnery Acrylic  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Imperial Gunnery Acrylic

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1