The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FIAT car part?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

FIAT car part? Empty
PostSubject: FIAT car part?   FIAT car part? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 2:15 pm

Anyone here that know anything about FIAT cars?

I recently bought a very old plastic injection machine, 1960~. Usually you don't get any plates/form when buying a machine, but one did follow. I ran the machine for the first time last night since setting up and it made these small plastic caps/pluggs. I have no idea what they are.
I'm just using the Granulat that followed when I bought it. I have no idea if they are supposed to be white.

Sorry for crappy pictures.
FIAT car part? Image210
FIAT car part? Image12
FIAT car part? Image110
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

FIAT car part? Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIAT car part?   FIAT car part? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 7:17 am

They look like 'standard' plugs in many cars for blocking holes but are usually black & rubber. What size are they? (1/2") It surprises me that a car manufacturer would bother to make their own plugs.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

FIAT car part? Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIAT car part?   FIAT car part? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 7:40 am

I'm thiking along the same lines as AJ, blind rubber grommets.

But more importantly what are you planning to make? or did you purchase the Uzay tooling and your keeping it a secret!!!
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

FIAT car part? Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIAT car part?   FIAT car part? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 8:57 am

Thanks I did contact fiat classic Sweden and the answer was drainage plugs. There are 2 sizes the larger one is 2.5cm, I haven't measured the other but I am guessing half an inch.
The smaller ones are cut off so it only makes the 2 large ones. It seems they made both parts cut off from the beginning opening up the one that was needed. They are supposed to be rubber, I just did them with the granules that followed with the machine, done a bunch for fun now and they are no longer coming out dirty Smile

About the Uzay lol no, I do have plans that will be revealed in time Smile no worries I won't do repros except possibly a better version of my glow in the dark sabers. Currently setting up the water cooling and making the new mold. This is machine is why I've been inactive for a while Smile

The Fiat mold is for sale if someone is interested. It should be from the 60s~ I suspect the machine was sold and the mold followed.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

FIAT car part? Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIAT car part?   FIAT car part? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 9:04 am

Rawlin wrote:
About the Uzay lol no, I do have plans that will be revealed in time :)no worries I won't do repros except possibly a better version of my glow in the dark sabers. Currently setting up the water cooling and making the new mold. This is machine is why I've been inactive for a while Smile
Interesting! I'm working on a project myself to improve one of the original vintage figures. I have most of it modelled up in 3D cad but i've not had chance to finish it off. I need to pull my finger out so I can progress to the next stage rapid prototypes Smile

Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

FIAT car part? Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIAT car part?   FIAT car part? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 11:04 am

Nice Smile what machine are you using?
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

FIAT car part? Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIAT car part?   FIAT car part? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 11:09 am

Rawlin wrote:
Nice :)what machine are you using?
I can only do the CAD/design work myself. I will have to outsource the prototyping. How are you planning to make the molds?
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

FIAT car part? Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIAT car part?   FIAT car part? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 11:37 am

I got my 3d print from shapeways a week ago, confirming that my 3d cad is as it should. It's a cheap way to see everything is alright, now I had removed the fiat mold and going to measure it tomorrow. Basically my new mold will be like the one already on but I hope to be able to put in a die.
To make the cnc cad I simply invert the cad model into 2 blocks.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FIAT car part? Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIAT car part?   FIAT car part? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FIAT car part?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1