The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin Use Account

The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! Empty
PostSubject: The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!!   The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:29 am

As we all live in an age of portable media and pretty much everyone has tons of GIG's at home on PC's Laptops as well as portable storage on phones, memory cards, usb sticks etc i know that many people have saved pictures of rare vintage Starwars items that they find on the net other the years - Knowing Joe i bet he has tons of gems all cataloged!

I though it would be cool to have a limelight thread that gives us a chance to showcase and share some of your favorite pictures with the rest of the community and allow members to both see and learn about rare items that they may not yet know about! Smile

However just to be 100% on the ball i just want to make the following clear -

Many of this items may have changed hands over the years or since the picture was saved to someones P.C. Some owners may want to keep the item details private or alternatively they may have dropped off the Radar.

Out of respect for people if you own any of the items that will be displayed in this thread and would like the picture taken down then please contact a member of the MOD team and we will sort that out straight away Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!!   The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:37 am

Top Toys Luke Jedi Knight MOC!

The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! Top_to10
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!!   The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:48 am

I've always liked threads like these Jay. I've got a ton of pictures that I can put up here. I'll start first with the Dogatuna pictures. For those who haven't heard of this Here's the history lesson Smile

The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! 2673732640088380295GmmgUt_ph
The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! 20-Amanamans
The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! For4500octsecond
The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! LotsaPOTF
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!!   The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:51 am

:Drool: :Drool: Only in my dreams and all clear bubbles.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!!   The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 11:23 am

Here's the classic Todd D photo of 2 Packs.

The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! File
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!!   The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 1:11 pm

Okay here is what I would call the mother load. Smile There were too many pictures to link here, so I made a web gallery.

These pictures came from a website that Tom N had when he first started selling. At least that is my understanding from when I got them.
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!!   The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 1:30 pm

shawn_k wrote:
Okay here is what I would call the mother load. Smile There were too many pictures to link here, so I made a web gallery.

These pictures came from a website that Tom N had when he first started selling. At least that is my understanding from when I got them.

Those look like they were from the auction at comic-con a couple of years ago! Smile The Anakin photo art is amazing!!!!!

These are some of my favorite:
The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! Afa110

The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! Img_0810
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!!   The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 1:58 pm

I do have some pictures saved from the comic-con auction too, but yes many of those pieces are the same.

Yeah can't ever forget Jeff's collection. I would love to visit that museum.

Here's another one of Todd D's collection on display at Celebration 2.
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!!   The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 11:48 pm

Wowow....keep 'em coming guys, especially any loose collections.
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!!   The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 1:00 pm

Here is Joe and mines little find of foreign figures that we found late last year. It will always be awesome to us as it got me my Skiff coin and Joe some 8D8 preproduction. These all came from the same source. Most went to collectors on the various boards and helped fill in some holes for them too.

The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! Main.php?g2_view=core
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!!   The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 3:04 pm

Ah the good old days Wink

Well only a few months ago :cool laugh: I need to go through my pictures and see what I can add to this thread Wink
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!!   The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 3:19 pm

Joe_O wrote:
Ah the good old days Wink

Well only a few months ago :cool laugh: I need to go through my pictures and see what I can add to this thread Wink

Your to young to reminisces Joe lol

Mind those PBP MOC's, Lily Ledy and Palitoy MOC's are the business!

Now show us your what pics you have in that haul on your desktop Wink
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!!   The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 3:49 pm

Some of my favourite group shots and rare items up next - apologies for any large pictures Smile
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!!   The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 3:54 pm

The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! Trilogomiscards
The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! Toptoyssamples
The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! Three-pack-set
The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! Rebel_soldier_packaging_proto_serie
The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! Mockcards0204
The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! Grants
The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! Benefiel_kenobi_packaging_series
The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! Bikerscout-proofseries-front
The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! All-udes
The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! S7302261
The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! OldMOC
The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! Dcp_0015
The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! CIMG1616

*To anyone whose items are pictured that doesn't want them up here please just get in contact as has already been stated and the pictures will be removed asap - these collections and pictures are some of my favourite and then only reason for showing them here is to share and let others enjoy your collections! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!!   The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 4:48 pm

WOW Joe you were holding out on us i aint seen some of those collection pics in a long time!!
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!!   The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 5:27 am

What's the story with the loose Droids/Ewoks m8?
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!!   The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 6:26 am

and what's the story on the black and white cards , firstshots of some sort ,

pff <that bikerscout proof /crom, pic has a def, drowling effect
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!!   The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 6:51 am

Tank1252 wrote:
What's the story with the loose Droids/Ewoks m8?

Those belong to Gus, that is his set of UDE figures!

You can read more here

http://theswca.com/images-droid/ude/ude-chart.html

He did finish the whole set but I think it took him about 10 years as they are all unproduced prototypes
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!!   The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:25 am

jimmymindtricks wrote:

The black and white cards are early Revenge Proof cards. They were for characters that were to be produced after the initial Revenge line. They just made photo copies of the photo art and pasted them on a Revenge Proof with a like color background. They are VERY cool!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!!   The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:29 am

RebelChris wrote:
jimmymindtricks wrote:

The black and white cards are early Revenge Proof cards. They were for characters that were to be produced after the initial Revenge line. They just made photo copies of the photo art and pasted them on a Revenge Proof with a like color background. They are VERY cool!

Yep those really are great pieces, I have a whole bunch of photos of many more, and loads of cool mock up designs for the logo.

You can even make out the real cardbacks by looking past the black and white pictures, you can see the original card artwork Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!!   The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:44 am

Here's a few more from Ron Salvatore's photos.

PCA 2008 Auction

mold and coin find
Back to top Go down
cejay
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
cejay

PostSubject: Re: The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!!   The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 5:56 pm

OMG!! That auction looks unreal! The proto MOC rocket firing fett expected to go for $150K .. insane
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!!   The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 7:04 pm

These pictures were posted on RS last year they include AFA 90 red cape Bib Fortuna, AFA 90 J-Slot Rocket Fett, AFA 85 L-Slot Rocket Fett, AFA 80 Black Cape Squid Head, AFA 85 Uzay Bluestars, AFA 75-Q Uzay Headman, AFA 85 DT Kenobi, AFA 90 Vader, & an AFA 80 Glasslite Vlix to name but a few!

The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! IMG_21092

The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! IMG_21081

The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! IMG_21072

The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! IMG_21061

The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! IMG_2104

The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! IMG_21051

The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! IMG_21032
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!!   The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 7:39 pm

WOW!!!Cracking thread guys,keep the pics coming! Cool
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!!   The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:12 pm

That's how my AFA loose display will look someday!!!

Minus all the crazy rare variants, foreign figs, and droids/ewoks!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!!   The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The awesome Vintage SW Pics that you have saved to your PC over the years Limelight!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next