The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me???   2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 3:07 pm

walkie wrote:
This year so far...

Glasslite Kez-Iban - head broken in 4 3 places Sad
Found my photos at last....

2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me??? - Page 2 SAM_0720

2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me??? - Page 2 SAM_0721

Sad
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me???   2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 3:22 pm

Wow!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: 2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me???   2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 3:49 pm

My patented bubble safety method has worked more times than not. After a small run of people having issues w. bubbles getting damaged in transit, I started doing this..... please note that it requires the destruction of a carded pof2 or E1 figure....... Take some tissue or toilet paper, fold it into halves or 1/3s or whatever will make it fit the size of the bubble, wrap it gently around the circumference of the bubble. tape it to itself at the end, NOT to the bubble. Then take a thicker layer of tissue paper flat on top of the bubble and tape that to the wrapped side pieces. Then take pof2/E1 bubble and fit it over the real bubble, if any room is left, put more tissue under that bubble to protect the real bubble. Then place tissue paper inside of star case, opposite of bubble area, until you can fit the figure with the E-1 or other bubble in there snuggly, but without pressure. That'll hold the bubble in place, protecting the real bubble inside. I've only had it not work once, and that was on an ultra fragile, already cracked Uzay bubble. It even worked on a cracked POTF Anakin that already had 3 cracks in the bubble.....it arrived without ANY damage beyond what was there when it left my hands.

Try it...... you'll like it.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: 2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me???   2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 4:04 pm

Great tips Joe cheers 

Thank you for shareing that very helpful advice :clap: 
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: 2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me???   2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 5:33 pm

But ruining a good POTF2 item? Man I shiver thinking about those priceless artifacts being ruined..HA
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: 2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me???   2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 5:52 pm

it's worse then U grading ?!?!?!??!! Mad 
Back to top Go down
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: 2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me???   2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 6:27 pm

bad things can haping always guys,shipt as uzay moc,its something we always sometime have to deal
with and keep in mind when we you buy high items or moc.shit can happen .

[/url]2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me??? - Page 2 Naam810

Last edited by Starwizz on Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: 2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me???   2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 9:41 pm

Holy Crap! Seeing these pics make me sad : (
Sorry to all you guys that posted pics!
That Vlix is just a shame!!!!! Sorry, not sure if you mentioned if you got a refund or not? I hope you do...
Again, sorry guys, Steve
ps- Happy Thanksgiving, if it helps any...
Back to top Go down
BruceW
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: 2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me???   2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 11:38 pm

Earlier this year, I bought a 2 pack off eBay for my Leia focus. Originally it looked like this (auction photo):

2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me??? - Page 2 2pack12

En route to me, the box was damaged by USPS sorting equipment (there was a letter from USPS inserted into the very, VERY fucked up box). So when it got to me,  it looked like this:

2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me??? - Page 2 2pak_a10

The seller packed it in a Star Case, that was COMPLETELY destroyed!
It was SO damaged that the seal of the bubble at the top was undone, so Leia can slip right out.

Not a very expensive item, but not an easy 2 pack combo to find. Luckily it was insured, so I was refunded the purchase price by USPS.  

I would have rather had my MOC in the original condition, than have the refund.
*sigh*
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: 2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me???   2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 1:31 am

This thread is tough to read!  frustrated 

I've had one damaged bubble so far during my limited MOC collecting, but it was just a Canadian Bib Fortuna.  It was still tough though seeing that ugly bugger looking out the top of the bubble. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: 2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me???   2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

It's pics like these that remind me why I'm a loose collector.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: 2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me???   2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 1:04 pm

kisstour03 wrote:
Loose figs still get damaged though ;(
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: 2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me???   2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 8:23 pm

walkie wrote:
kisstour03 wrote:
Loose figs still get damaged though ;(
Very true. As can be seen in the pics you shared. But I worry less about loose figures than I do ones still wrapped in plastic and cardboard.
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: 2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me???   2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 11:18 pm

I've had bubbles break, have had even WEAPONS break inside a bubble that was perfect.

Tri-Logo Han, great shape... but his blaster was broken!

2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me??? - Page 2 1526538_10202241958343732_1630677196_n
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfaaf.net
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: 2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me???   2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 11:28 pm

And here was a Greedo I bought.... how he came to me. Guess he needed air? I sent him back and got a better one recently (ESB 47 back).

2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me??? - Page 2 Greedo12

I then had to argue with the seller for days until I finally got my money back...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfaaf.net
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: 2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me???   2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 am

No big deal but i bought a emperor who arrived with a broken stick Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me???   2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2013 - Year of the Damaged Bubbles - Are you $*%&#$ kidding me???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2