The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

POTF Coin Reference Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

POTF Coin Reference Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: POTF Coin Reference Thread   POTF Coin Reference Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 8:16 am

This pic is specially for you Craig and Shawn since the both of you have a focus in collecting Luke Skywalker in his Jedi Knight costume. My Vintage LUKE SKYWALKER (JEDI KNIGHT OUTFIT) with his Category II 'JEDI KNIGHT' Coin. This is my Flesh Plastic Moulded Head and Painted Hair Variant. Smile

Description: This is what Luke Skywalker in his Jedi gear would have probably looked like IF Kenner did a photoshoot of him and his Category II Collectors Coin in the format established on the SW 20, 21 and TESB 31, 32 and 41 card backs.

POTF Coin Reference Thread - Page 3 LukeJedihisCatIICoin

This pose inspired by the picture of Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight Outfit) that was shown on the Kenner ROTJ 65A and 65B card backs per this enlarged pic,

POTF Coin Reference Thread - Page 3 LukeJedionROTJ65Back

Note : Yeah I custom dyed his Jedi Cloak black way back in 1983 since its much cooler in this color than the actual drabby looking production Jedi Cloak! Razz The Black plastic Blaster is borrowed from my POTF Luke in Battle Poncho figure.

Last edited by Chancellor_Peter on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: POTF Coin Reference Thread   POTF Coin Reference Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 6:01 pm

Those pictures turned out excellent Peter! I love the LJ. There was a seller on ebay at one time making custom black capes like that, but I never picked one up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: POTF Coin Reference Thread   POTF Coin Reference Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:51 am

Hi Peter – wow I didn’t know that James was seller his Ex-Kenner coins as far back as then.

He must have had a considerable stash from the Ex-Kenner employee for him still to be selling them 8 years later. It funny that you should mention the B-wing as when I went to order mine I am sure we had to skip that coin from the plan as his last one had too much wear.

That must of some amazing haul to buy 4 tough coins in one purchase. Those four are still in my last 13 coins to get but I have just finish a 3 month deal that will allow me to knock one very hard to find coin off my list and I didn’t have to put it on the credit card or put myself in debt to get it so I am well happy.

I love the photo shoot of Luke Jedi Peter! You’re very talented. The Dark cloak really suits him!
Back to top Go down
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

PostSubject: Re: POTF Coin Reference Thread   POTF Coin Reference Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 7:27 am

shawn_k wrote:
Those pictures turned out excellent Peter! I love the LJ. There was a seller on ebay at one time making custom black capes like that, but I never picked one up.

Thanks Shawn glad that you liked it. I shall maintain this standard (or even improve on it based on the tips I'm reading from the Photography Techniques thread) with the balance of my yet to be photographed 30 plus POTF Coins and the corresponding Vintage Star Wars figures. Kim Simmons photography style all the way!! Very Happy

The difference between my black cape with that of the said eBay seller's is the fact mine is the real McCoy that came with my Luke Jedi, which I dyed black long before the repros hit the market. :cool laugh:

Craig T wrote:
Hi Peter – wow I didn’t know that James was seller his Ex-Kenner coins as far back as then.

He must have had a considerable stash from the Ex-Kenner employee for him still to be selling them 8 years later. It funny that you should mention the B-wing as when I went to order mine I am sure we had to skip that coin from the plan as his last one had too much wear.

That must of some amazing haul to buy 4 tough coins in one purchase. Those four are still in my last 13 coins to get but I have just finish a 3 month deal that will allow me to knock one very hard to find coin off my list and I didn’t have to put it on the credit card or put myself in debt to get it so I am well happy.

I love the photo shoot of Luke Jedi Peter! You’re very talented. The Dark cloak really suits him!

Hi Craig, it is possible that James Boryla has a wide variety of sources for the Vintage Star Wars merchandise that he sells in eBay. As a matter of fact, my first purchase from him was back in 2001 (some minty mint loose Vintage Star Wars figures). No worries about that B-Wing Pilot coin since this a common coin and a better condition one can easily acquired from other sellers.

Yes it was, and like you I have a good lay away arrangement with "SalaciousJ" and paid him in full before he shipped these four Category V coins to me. FYI, these coins averaged at US$150 a piece back in Spring 2004 before the "great price surge". Wink

I sincerely appreciate your kind words of encouragement. Smile I do look forward to continue with this photo shoot until I have covered all my 62 POTF Coins and the 63rd "Jedi Knight" Coin.

Now that you've acquired the rarest Sail Skiff Coin, we look forward to hear about your progress in getting your next 12 Coins to complete your collection. Talking about this coin, I intend to do photoshoot of it together with my Nikto, Weequay and Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard Disguise) figures who were featured on this coin. I may even extend my photoshoot for the 2011 Hasbro Weequay Skiff Master who was also appeared on the Sail Skiff coin. Wink
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: POTF Coin Reference Thread   POTF Coin Reference Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 5:42 am

Time to bump this great thread i think.
I know i've half convinced a few guys here into at least thinking of starting a POTF coin collection. This thread is a great (& essential imo) starting place for those guys and anyone else thinking about collecting coins. Give it a read, go thru the links, & go for it. Although some coins are rare & pricey, at least half are quite cheap. You can get quite a collection together for relatively little cash. Besides it's not a race!
btw...if anyone knows of any sale price of any of the POTF coins (especially the higher end ones), pm me & i'll keep the coin price spreadsheet up to date, which benefits all of us in the long run.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: POTF Coin Reference Thread   POTF Coin Reference Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 1:10 pm

Tim, thanks for bumping this! I had never seen this before, and the amount of information on here is mind-blowing.

Quick question, I've just sort of skimmed through here pretty quickly, but I couldn't seem to find a list of the coins that were known to be restrikes. I read all about the thickness and weighing and so on, but I couldn't find a definitively list o coins that are KNOWN to have restrikes floating around.

I probably won't run into any for a while, since I only have 14 coins at this point,but it would be good to know for when I start getting into the expensive coins. Don't wanna get duped!

Anyway, great thread, and thank to all that contributed!
Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

PostSubject: Re: POTF Coin Reference Thread   POTF Coin Reference Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 1:49 pm

Here is the list of restruck coins:

Power of the Force

2-1B
A-Wing
Amanaman
AT-AT
AT-ST Driver
Bib Fortuna
C3PO
Chewie
Creatures
Emperor
ERG
EV-9D9
Gammorrean Guard
Han Original
Han Trench Coat
Hoth Trooper
Jawa
Jedi Knights(63rd)
Leia Poncho
Logray
Luke Poncho
Luke X-Wing
Luke Bespin
Lumat
Millenium Falcon
R2-D2
TIE Pilot
Warok
Wicket
Yoda
Zuckuss

Droids & Ewoks

C3PO
Governor Koong
Jessica Meade
Jord Dusat
Kea Moll
Kez-Iban
King Gomeesh
Kleb Zellock
Mungo Baobab
R2-D2
Thall Joben
Uncle Gundy
Vlix

Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: POTF Coin Reference Thread   POTF Coin Reference Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 1:52 pm

Thanks, Carl!

Damn, that list is long! I was really hoping it would be like 5 or 6 coins. Oh well, I guess scamming is something you just have to expect nowadays, and keep an eye out for.
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: POTF Coin Reference Thread   POTF Coin Reference Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 8:14 pm

If Shawn doesn't mind a slight hijacking of this thread, the POTF Coin Facebook Group is another great resource for the coin collector with knowledgable guys imparting great information, as well as some great photos.
See Power Of The Force Coins Facebook Group
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: POTF Coin Reference Thread   POTF Coin Reference Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 8:32 pm

Tank1252 wrote:
If Shawn doesn't mind a slight hijacking of this thread, the POTF Coin Facebook Group is another great resource for the coin collector with knowledgable guys imparting great information, as well as some great photos.
See Power Of The Force Coins Facebook Group

No way Tim! I will not allow that. lol!

Just added a link to the top of the guide. Anyone with even a small interest in coins should join the group. There has been some great discussion already.
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: POTF Coin Reference Thread   POTF Coin Reference Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 9:06 pm

Lol!!

Thanks man! cheers
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: POTF Coin Reference Thread   POTF Coin Reference Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 3:47 pm

Tim posted this on the Facebook group, but I also thought it should also be mentioned here.

It looks like now there are repros of the prototype coin albums being made.

POTF Coin Reference Thread - Page 3 Reprocoinalbum
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: POTF Coin Reference Thread   POTF Coin Reference Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 2:13 am

No mention of it being a repro in the title either. I know a few guys from the group very nearly hit BIN in thier rush to pick up a bargain. I don't know, whatever next!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POTF Coin Reference Thread   POTF Coin Reference Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

POTF Coin Reference Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3