The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need Help Identifying Leia Blasters

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

Need Help Identifying Leia Blasters - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Help Identifying Leia Blasters   Need Help Identifying Leia Blasters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 5:29 pm

snaggletooth wrote:
I've not seen any Ledy rough texture or otherwise but it makes sense that they're possible with and without that dot, same as these Kenner. No problem on the pics either I'm just sorry I couldn't help you with any better ones and the V2's butt looks similar to V3 but I'll try and get some better pics on a lighter day.
No worries on the pics! I am just happy that you are assisting my research on this and even happier that the V5 issue seems to me to be more clear now (V4 Ledy and V4 Kenner/Other). If you can get better pics, great, if not no worries at all. Smile

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Identifying Leia Blasters   Need Help Identifying Leia Blasters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 5:49 am

psybertech wrote:
snaggletooth wrote:
I've not seen any Ledy rough texture or otherwise but it makes sense that they're possible with and without that dot, same as these Kenner. No problem on the pics either I'm just sorry I couldn't help you with any better ones and the V2's butt looks similar to V3 but I'll try and get some better pics on a lighter day.
No worries on the pics! I am just happy that you are assisting my research on this and even happier that the V5 issue seems to me to be more clear now (V4 Ledy and V4 Kenner/Other). If you can get better pics, great, if not no worries at all. Smile

cheers!
Very Happy
Glad I could help, it will be great to get all these different blaster up on the gunnery:) 
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Identifying Leia Blasters   Need Help Identifying Leia Blasters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 12:29 pm

psybertech wrote:
Hey guys,

Can you lend me your eyes here?

The following blaster is very close to a V3 (pictures from TIG used below it so you can compare easier - I hope that is alright! Smile), but the there are some differences:
The whole blaster is very sharp in detail, a little dull looking, but a little gritty texture and black in color. I can't see any hint of blue at all.
Need Help Identifying Leia Blasters - Page 2 9563443607_4ea54bfe9c_b[/url]

I think mine may be the same as this but mine does look blue/black compared to my V4 blue/black blaster.

aussiejames wrote:
Need Help Identifying Leia Blasters - Page 2 Sdc12970
another poor picture.
The imperial blaster is a blue repro for a colour comparison.
But I got myself confused.  Difference between V2 & V3 is barrel thickness?
I think your top middle is a blue/black V2? and 3rd down on the right a blue V2, or is it a worn V1 mold?

I was going through the color of these blasters again, I've just held them up and moved them under the halogen light in the kitchen and here's what I see them as, described by the colour in hand and the translucency of the handles. There not the only Leia blasters I've had but the most unusual and least common I've seen in my collecting.

All the translucent green have the same colour glow, the 2 blue V4's also have a blue/green tint in hand I think.

V4 blue-translucent green
V4 blue-translucent green
V4 blue/green-translucent green
V4 blue black, has a translucent handle but not blue or green, light grey glow maybe
V3 blue/black, nothing under the light
V2 dark blue/black-translucent green
V1 green-translucent green
Need Help Identifying Leia Blasters - Page 2 Image_zpsfe843f7b
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Identifying Leia Blasters   Need Help Identifying Leia Blasters - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need Help Identifying Leia Blasters

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2