The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Princess Leia Blasters - smooth magazine

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dienstuhr
New User
New User
dienstuhr

Princess Leia Blasters - smooth magazine Empty
PostSubject: Princess Leia Blasters - smooth magazine   Princess Leia Blasters - smooth magazine I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 1:29 pm

Are there any genuine Leia blasters that have a smooth magazine?

TIG archive seems to indicate that all genuine blasters have a circular design on the side of the magazine. I found a Leia Hoth in a collection of figures with a blaster that floats but has a smooth-sided magazine.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

d.
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Princess Leia Blasters - smooth magazine   Princess Leia Blasters - smooth magazine I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 1:37 pm

Can you post some pictures ?

Without seeing it I would say I'm 99% sure its a repro  No 

I do know that there is at least 1 known example of a repro Leia blaster that does float :

Princess Leia Blasters - smooth magazine Leia2010

as seen here :

http://www.imperialgunnery.com/princessleiablasters.htm
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Princess Leia Blasters - smooth magazine   Princess Leia Blasters - smooth magazine I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 1:44 pm

Its funny, but I forget if I found any repros that floated, but most likely not. I never found that repro you pictured James.
But even without the float test, there are no Leia Blasters without the circle on the magazine.
Even the first shots had that mark.

So far, knock on wood, I haven't see a Leia repro with that marking, but there is some grumblings I heard over on FB that there may be some new ones on the horizon. I will only believe that when I see it.

All that said, it could be possible that there was a short shot blaster out there where the circle never formed properly, but I would expect there to be a sign of a short shot being a depressed area.

dienstuhr, I'd say 99.9% that without a circle it is a repro. But post a couple pictures if you want to be 99.99 to 100% sure. Smile

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
dienstuhr
New User
New User
dienstuhr

PostSubject: Re: Princess Leia Blasters - smooth magazine   Princess Leia Blasters - smooth magazine I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 2:33 pm

Thanks guys!

Can't post a pic I'm afraid, as I left the figure and weapon with the seller. I did pick up a nice Tusken Raider, small-head Han, Vader and raised-bar China Stormtrooper though, all complete.

The Leia blaster did float and looked very good (bluish colour as would suit Leia Hoth) but the lack of indents on the clip put me off. Looks like my suspicions are confirmed - but still odd as the figure was in a lot of nice vintage stuff with all-real weapons.

Cheers

d.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Princess Leia Blasters - smooth magazine   Princess Leia Blasters - smooth magazine I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Princess Leia Blasters - smooth magazine

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1