The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your Ledy Collection :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

Your Ledy Collection :) Empty
PostSubject: Your Ledy Collection :)   Your Ledy Collection :) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 9:25 pm

How many here have a full set of Ledy or are trying to achieve that?

I still require around 10 or so to get to 50, but i do have some doubles or more, i collect the Stormies and R2's mainly but always look to upgrade some others as i go Smile

I would also like to talk about variants Smile How many variants do you have of the same figure?
Back to top Go down
BILLIAM666
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
BILLIAM666

PostSubject: Re: Your Ledy Collection :)   Your Ledy Collection :) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:22 pm

I would love to someday have a full Ledy loose set but I have a long, long way to go. I also prefer my loose figures to be in really good condition which make collecting Ledy figures difficult sometimes. Right now I have a Removable hood Jawa, Orange Caped Squid Head, thick-band Stormtrooper, Fixed arm C3-P0 (screw back), Zuckess (circle heels), Biker Scout (short mouth), Prune Face (eyes different color), Paploo (lips different color), and Lando Skiff (w/darker paint). I really want a Fett and Red Bib Fortuna.
Back to top Go down
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

PostSubject: Re: Your Ledy Collection :)   Your Ledy Collection :) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:48 pm

I'm (slowly) getting there. Picked up a complete Jawa the other day so am still chuffed with that Smile Most of mine don't have the weapons, and most could happily use an upgrade as well, but as long as they can stand up and look half decent, i'm pretty happy!

At latest count i have about 14 to go, a number of which I'm not sure how to identify (hence the extreme coolness of the upcoming Ledy guide I am totally hanging out for!)

When it comes to variants, aren't they all variants Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Your Ledy Collection :)   Your Ledy Collection :) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 11:03 pm

Theres usually a few Fetts for sale Bill, they do pop up, i was offered a loose rocket one a few days ago for $300 but it was missing its original rocket and had a modern one in its place so i declined, im not 100% on its current going rate either as hes further down my line of wants Smile

Yeh theyre all variants all right Smile

But ... Do you have both Ledy R2's? Both Klaatus? Bibs? Squids? Including variants how many Ledy are there really to collect? Your Ledy Collection :) 735767

Well be going over variants in the guide Smile

Most of mine are weaponless too, some walking wounded and even explosion damage but ahhhh theyre my Ledy
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Your Ledy Collection :)   Your Ledy Collection :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 3:12 am

yeah i am trying to complete a full ledy collection.i picked up a few mint afa85 figures from sacko and a few loose ones from him too.he has really good stuff and is an excelent guy to deal with.do you have both r2d2 variant's you can post pic's of.you know what i do have 2 ledy r2d2 they both have different looking top's one is really silvery paint dome.i'm going to post both ones i have in my gallery so take a look and tell me what you think.i picked them up off ebay,i really don't know what the really silvery dome top one is about mabey one of you guy's know's if it's legit,the coo on it is right for both,just leary about the sticker on the silver painted dome figure.

Last edited by vintageSWfan on Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Your Ledy Collection :)   Your Ledy Collection :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 3:33 am

I think I'm about 16 away from 'complete'. Most of mine don't have weapons. There is also 2 lando skiffs(gold & silver paint) & 2 cloud car pilots.
Back to top Go down
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

PostSubject: Re: Your Ledy Collection :)   Your Ledy Collection :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:07 am

I have a figure coming in the post (Nikto) which will complete my loose run including Rebo Band at last!!!!

I have not been collecting variants and I'm not sure if I will.

I've tried to get complete figures as much as possible, but I am missing some weapons.
I think it's still gonna be some time before I'm fully complete with weapons.

It's been a great run to put together and it's taken some time!!
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Your Ledy Collection :)   Your Ledy Collection :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:47 am

Heres the 2 variants (sorry for crap photo - these will be covered better in the guide using a better condition Paler Blue R2)

Your Ledy Collection :) Ll_r2_2

Sure - post your R2's up well have a look Smile

Not long to go now then James eh, oh check my post in the Dev Forum m8 - need some angled photos of your R2

Well done Stu!!! Faltered at the variant path tho eh haha, ive done similar with the expensive ones really, they will have to wait.

"There is also 2 lando skiffs(gold & silver paint) & 2 cloud car pilots" - wow i didnt know that James, more to look for Smile
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Your Ledy Collection :)   Your Ledy Collection :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 1:02 pm

Im totally lost in Ledys....

I have about 70 different Ledys...a few in the mail...but they soon will arrive.

here are ca. 60 of them!

Your Ledy Collection :) 00474

Problem really is to get them all with original accessories. And the mexican selleres are not always wise enough (or they know and wont tell). IMO 99,9% of all Ledy weapons sold are NOT Ledy (execpt the ones who are clearly ledy, because they are marked;)...even from mexico. I.e. I saw the true Ledy Stormtrooper Blaster in true black only a few times in my whole Ledy maniac time. This blaster would reach probably over 50 USD by now easily.

So I try to get a full Set what means: all 50 figures plus Speederbike, Rebo Band and Jabba Playset...PLUS all variants...and there are TONS (coo and mold and color). Im not trying to get any figures accessoired right...this is imposibble IMO (i.e. to be sure you need every bespin blaster in the black version....only this one is surely a ledy....so you need a few of that and thats really expensive). My new plan is to get at least one true 100% ledy weapon from every kind....so I started to buy a few mocs and cutcards....unpacked it Smile

I try to get all main color variants for my guide...so as always: be patient Smile....

Wolff
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Your Ledy Collection :)   Your Ledy Collection :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 1:30 pm

Thats dedication for you Smile

I have no idea how many i have, ive never counted them all as yet Your Ledy Collection :) Icon_lol

Ill defo be looking for the variants myself as and when i become more aware of which there are and ill be hunting them down Smile

I need a display cabinet too Your Ledy Collection :) Icon_redface
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Your Ledy Collection :)   Your Ledy Collection :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:07 pm

that is some nice ledy stuff wbobbafett.i agree the ledy acsesories are the hardest to get.i have a real ledy black bespin blaster that goes to my han hoth trench coat if you guy's need pic's of true ledy gun's i have that.here are some pic's of my ledy r2d2.the one on the right has a shiny silver painted dome.the both have hong cong coo.but the one on the right is slighlty diifferent. the trademark symbol is spaced away futher than the other.like right before it say's g.m.f.i. the letter c with the circle around it, is spaced futher away than the other.[url=Your Ledy Collection :) Ledy_r11http:/https://i.servimg.com/u/f64/14/94/16/08/ledy_r12.jpg/www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=2&u=14941608]Your Ledy Collection :) Ledy_r10[/url]
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Your Ledy Collection :)   Your Ledy Collection :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:20 pm

The one with the ©️ Furthest away from the G.M.F.G.I. Should be Ledy, the one thats closer im unsure of, Wolff lists it on his chart as number 4 variant

The one on the left in your pic looks like the usual Ledy R2 going by its blue colour, the one on the right ... is that a repro sticker? and what screw is underneath him?
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Your Ledy Collection :)   Your Ledy Collection :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:28 pm

that's what i was thinking.i think before i bought it someone did put a repro sticker on it.also the paint on top is weird it's silvery paint but i think the actual base of the figure is ledy it has the same coo as the one i have on the left it's just the c circle symbol is spaced different.Your Ledy Collection :) Ledy_r17

Last edited by vintageSWfan on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Your Ledy Collection :)   Your Ledy Collection :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:34 pm

The Dome Blue almost matches my Ledy no COO R2's which a lot darker than a Kenner, yours may be a case of put together parts from 2 different R2's or the number 4 variant on Wolffs list, he will probably tell you its origin better.
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Your Ledy Collection :)   Your Ledy Collection :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:46 pm

yeah i am learning to .i would definitly like to know what they are.the r2d2 on the left i bought from ebay from a seller in mexico.the one on the right i beleive i bought from a guy in canada,i think the only thing ledy on it is the base,and cap. the sticker is fake,the legs are mix matched too.it's really weird, i think too it might be peiced together with parts from 2 different r2d2's.Your Ledy Collection :) Ledy_r18
Your Ledy Collection :) Ledy_r19
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Your Ledy Collection :)   Your Ledy Collection :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 9:01 pm

The one on the right has Kenner legs, a different (non-Ledy?) line up of date stamp, a repro sticker, the wrong screw for a Kenner, hope you didnt pay anything for him
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Your Ledy Collection :)   Your Ledy Collection :) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 12:15 am

i'll have to check my receipt's, hopefully i can find out if i bought something and this might of been included as extra.i don't think i've ever seen the wolff's list can you post a link,i would like to check it out.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Your Ledy Collection :)   Your Ledy Collection :) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:30 am

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3281360&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=1&vc=1
this is the variant bible till the updated one arrives Smile
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Your Ledy Collection :)   Your Ledy Collection :) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 4:17 am

wow,that has a lot of nice pic's of different variant's.i wish it said what each figure was like palitoy,ledy,ect..i felt kinda confused not knowing what i was looking at.
Back to top Go down
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: Your Ledy Collection :)   Your Ledy Collection :) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 9:27 am

Here are 4 of my R2's. I did notice a dome difference on the 2nd being the darker blue. 1 and 3 are the lighter blue and 4 is very faded.

Your Ledy Collection :) Img_9311 Your Ledy Collection :) Img_9312 Your Ledy Collection :) Img_9313 Your Ledy Collection :) Img_9314

Interesting though, all have the HK coo. I had never seen a no COO R2 until now. How does the color look on #2 Rob?

Jason
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Your Ledy Collection :)   Your Ledy Collection :) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 10:01 am

The Blue on your number 2 Dome looks the same blue as my no COO R2, a very dark/deep blue even compared to a Kenner, the Ledy sticker checks out the same too.

The no COO is actually date stamped ©️ G.M.F.G.I. 1978

This variant is very rare it appears Smile

Ill be photographing mine for the Ledy guide later on as R2 is up next Smile

Its possible with yours someone has taken the Dome off the no COO one and placed it on the other Ledy R2 - or in factory they had a bin full of mixed domes - does make you wonder, has anyone else got the no COO R2?
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Your Ledy Collection :)   Your Ledy Collection :) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 3:45 am

Late for the party Wink

@ vintageSwfan:

Oh man these are horrobly mixed up. Not even the screws are ledy. Also none of the torsos seem to be ledy. Ledy has hardtorso. Details from the coo have to be much sharper.

Two different screws are known: silverish ones then yours and kind of brass ones. I only trust the brass ones. I have only one picture from a silver one which seems to be legit and it has different shape then yours.

In the end...maybe the head from the right one is ledy....nothing else IMO.

The fact that the screws look identical and seem not to be ledy means for me that they came from the same source. You sure you "bought" them from different persons???

sellers name would be interesting....

Also: you have a sales/trade thread with ledy weapons. I dont know if you knew, but not every imperial blaster with a bar under the handle is ledy. the differences are small. Same goes for the luke bespin sabers. They were also produced in europe...maybe spain.

@robs no coo:

this no coo is really really rare. position is unique to that one. i searched years for the equal coo produced in europe. IMO the coo pendent to robs is PBP.

If you want to be sure that this no coo is truly a ledy then it has to be a hardtorso one. That coo doesnt exist in hardtorso version. Robs pics are sadly not good enough to tell for 100%, but Im convinced by now its truly a ledy: screw is fine. everything else too!

@Sacko:
woahhhh, what an horror house Shocked

lol! lol! lol! lol!

These ones crossed the way from some Jawas a few more times then in the films Smile

But respect for that army! A picture from all four (bottom, coo with screws would be nice)

SUMMARY:

To fake a R2 Ledy is very easy and costs 2 minutes and 4 cents for a screw and a washer. So watch for following hints:

correct coo, hardtorso, brass screw with very unique form (save as many pics you can to compare Wink ), correct sticker, correct leg mold.

WAAAAAYYYY too many appeared in the last 12-18 month. This was once a real tough to get Ledy character....so IMO lots of fakes out there!!!!!

ALSO: Rumours say: PBP also produced a slotted screwed R2......I have no idea on which torso. But Robs could be also a PBP???

Just my 2 cents............

Wolff
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Your Ledy Collection :)   Your Ledy Collection :) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:09 pm

Haha i knew you wouldnt want to miss the party m8 Wink

Apologies if the pic didnt help, i have added loads for the guide and so has Stu, theyre in Chris's hands, theyll be in the Ledy Guide soon for you to see Smile

My no COO R2 - i have not seen another like it either and i have been looking. I bought him from Mexico from one of the regular Ebay reputable sellers, i queried it when he arrived and he assured me it is a Ledy Variant - rare. I asked Cristian and he confirmed there are 2 Ledy R2's, one being very rare.

Perhaps more will appear now he is highlighted.

Rob
Back to top Go down
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: Your Ledy Collection :)   Your Ledy Collection :) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:46 pm

BTW is Cristian a member here? I would love to see him involved.
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Your Ledy Collection :)   Your Ledy Collection :) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:52 pm

thank you for the constructive advice wbobafett,you were very polite about it.yeah i don't know everything about ledy stuff,i only go by what i read here on tig,and rebelscum.i have revised my for trade list on rebelscum,i think it explain's what i have a bit better than before.yeah i know that one r2d2 i have is a basket case.i checked my reciept's and i did get it free with another figure i bought from canada.i don't want to mention his name he is a rs member and friend.i just think he was tired of looking at it and sent it to me because he did'nt want to throw it away.now i have it and i don't know what to do with it.lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Ledy Collection :)   Your Ledy Collection :) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Ledy Collection :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next