The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Do you find that the empire figure are hard to get in good quality?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

Do you find that the empire figure are hard to get in good quality? Empty
PostSubject: Do you find that the empire figure are hard to get in good quality?   Do you find that the empire figure are hard to get in good quality? I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 8:53 pm

Man,

Empire figures are just my buzz killer at this time. I am doing really well. i got some 73 figures from the over all collection. I ll have to get a few upgrades out of those 73. no big deal but my buzz killer is those empire figures. I just can't seem to find them in good condition. I had trouble finding a bespin Luke and still think i can get a better one. Struggled to find a decent Luke Hoth. Now i am down to the figure with the darn gold trims. Like the Bespin guards. Leia Bespin etc... I still have not found a decent Leia Bespin at all. Either she has nice gold trims and ugly hands or vice versa. A lot of people are claiming they have a high grade figure of her but when you start examining the figure it is like a big "one Grade" down form what they are actually advertising.

Same goes with Hoth Rebel. They probably made a gazillion of this dude, yet i cant find a decent one! and the worst of the worst is Han Bespin. I have yet to have seen a Han Bespin with no paint rubs or barely any paint rubs at all. Which amazes me.

I have had good luck with Rotj and ANH figures but man i am getting real depressed over ESB.

I think ESB is even worse to get than the POTF figures. IF you got the cash on POTF you got it made. There are plenty. But ESB getting a high grade figure for some of them is like trying to win the lottery.

ok

my rant of the day...

:clap:

Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Do you find that the empire figure are hard to get in good quality?   Do you find that the empire figure are hard to get in good quality? I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 8:58 pm

Buy some MOC figures and open them. Wink

Before I get nuked. I'm kidding I'm kidding. lol!
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Do you find that the empire figure are hard to get in good quality?   Do you find that the empire figure are hard to get in good quality? I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 10:06 pm

kisstour03 wrote:
Buy some MOC figures and open them. Wink

Before I get nuked. I'm kidding I'm kidding. lol!

Sacrilege, lets lynch this guy! Redneck style!

lol!
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Do you find that the empire figure are hard to get in good quality?   Do you find that the empire figure are hard to get in good quality? I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 10:21 pm

An elegant weapon for a more civilized age ...

Do you find that the empire figure are hard to get in good quality? Thcaoj10

What a Face
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Do you find that the empire figure are hard to get in good quality?   Do you find that the empire figure are hard to get in good quality? I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 4:16 pm

Bespin Luke is an arse to find in good nik, combination of having paint in all the easy to rub places and also being a popular character, so probably played with a bit, not to mention the limbs are really bad for fading!
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Do you find that the empire figure are hard to get in good quality?   Do you find that the empire figure are hard to get in good quality? I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 6:49 pm

most of the time I am lucky I generally find them in really good shape it also helps that for most of them we have a store here that sells lots of vintage figs so I can see them and really check them before buying and the price is as good or better then ebay.
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: Do you find that the empire figure are hard to get in good quality?   Do you find that the empire figure are hard to get in good quality? I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 2:22 am

Look for nocoo figs
Seems they are in a higher quality
Back to top Go down
shoenix
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
shoenix

PostSubject: Re: Do you find that the empire figure are hard to get in good quality?   Do you find that the empire figure are hard to get in good quality? I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 3:04 am

There was even a moment I had to seriously check if the white bespin guard even had the golden trim because I had seen this trim with the black guard quite often (and in decent shape) but never for the white one. Have yet to find a decent one indeed.

Cheers,
Shoenix
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: Do you find that the empire figure are hard to get in good quality?   Do you find that the empire figure are hard to get in good quality? I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 3:28 am

It's quite rare to find a bespinguard with golddetails even moc
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Do you find that the empire figure are hard to get in good quality?   Do you find that the empire figure are hard to get in good quality? I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 9:46 pm

Yes, the gold trim figures are just a pain.

Leia and the bespin guards are super rare with their gold intact. Like i said earlier i have yet to find good copies of them. I almost caught a good looking black version of the bespin guard with very decent gold trim but someone snatched the auction at the last moment so...back to square one.

On the flip side i am almost done with ROTJ, i am just missing Lumat and Paploo and the Rebo band...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you find that the empire figure are hard to get in good quality?   Do you find that the empire figure are hard to get in good quality? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you find that the empire figure are hard to get in good quality?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1