The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP   My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 7:45 pm

Very nice indeed Smile

I would love to roll a marble into that diorama Razz
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

PostSubject: Re: My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP   My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 7:39 am

lol! Or even if you knock the display it must be painful having to arrange them again. Blue tac may be the way forward Laughing
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP   My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 1:04 pm

Ronniebiggs wrote:
lol! Or even if you knock the display it must be painful having to arrange them again. Blue tac may be the way forward Laughing

Hey.....as I woke up today, I saw some of you guys where here...in the living room....all figures were on the ground....suffering from the evil crash with the huge mighty marble...some were only injured, but some....I dont know what to say...huhuuuuuuuhuuuuuuuuuu Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP   My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:55 am

UPDATED:

My Trems....not much but delicious (except the Yoda.... needs an upgrade)!! lol!

Wolff
Back to top Go down
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

PostSubject: Re: My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP   My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 1:54 pm

Congrats on a great run of Trems Wolff, especially with their weapons.

It's interesting to see your Vader, I have one with exactly the same paint colours and markings on his chest plate and an unpainted plastic tube as a sabre. The head of mine seems to be moulded to the torso.

Where as I have another one with different paint marking to his chest, the head can be removed as it is on a pin and the sabre has a thick coating of red paint which to be honest I thought was lead, but it's actually the plastic tubing but painted.

Love the Bossk...very nice :Drool:
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP   My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:59 pm

Awesome collection you have there Wolff,the death star hangar is simply AMAZING! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP   My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 5:04 pm

What are those model trems???

They're cool though!!!!
Back to top Go down
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

PostSubject: Re: My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP   My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 5:18 pm

coachk28 wrote:

They're cool though!!!!

Before Glasslite had the license for star wars figures in Brazil, Model Trem (a maker of toy trains) decided to jump on the SW craze and produced a line of bootleg figures. They released 34 figures which were made from lead and were individually boxed. They are an awesome line to collect and quite rare.
Back to top Go down
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

PostSubject: Re: My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP   My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 5:20 pm

Check this out...

http://theswca.com/images-speci/model-trem/model-trem.html
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP   My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 12:42 pm

burnsy wrote:
coachk28 wrote:

They're cool though!!!!

Before Glasslite had the license for star wars figures in Brazil, Model Trem (a maker of toy trains) decided to jump on the SW craze and produced a line of bootleg figures. They released 34 figures which were made from lead and were individually boxed. They are an awesome line to collect and quite rare.

I have something to add:

The Bodys are mostly made form resin materials. The limbs and head are made from lead with tin I think.
There are a LOT of different variants in the Trem line. The weapons, the materials and the way the head is fixed to the torso, as the colors differ nearly every figure.

Problem that results on this is: IMO there are lots of fakes out there......and its very difficult to prove that.

check the collection from Martijn, he has an AWESOME collection with variants:

http://www.starswar.eu/bootleg/contents/brazil.html

AND:

Indeed there are 36 figures existing!!!!!

cheers wolff

Last edited by wbobafett on Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP   My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 12:44 pm

Check out this Star Wars Model Trem on ebay!!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Brazil-Model-Trem-Snaggletooth-w-Box-Gun_W0QQitemZ380170806952QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5883f226a8
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP   My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 12:50 pm

Washu on RS has that Snag. I think the price might be a tad high, thou.

Wolff, thanx for that link to Martijn collection. I was looking for a line up thats better than the one on SWCA to get a better picture of whats out there. And I never knew that the bodies were make out of resin material. I thought the whole thing was lead.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP   My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 12:59 pm

Chris_J wrote:

Wolff, thanx for that link to Martijn collection. I was looking for a line up thats better than the one on SWCA to get a better picture of whats out there. And I never knew that the bodies were make out of resin material. I thought the whole thing was lead.

maybe trems with lead bodys also exist. Mine all have resin. Waht I know is that there also exist complete resin figures....very very veeeery difficult!
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP   My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 1:06 pm

wbobafett wrote:
Chris_J wrote:

maybe trems with lead bodys also exist. Mine all have resin. Waht I know is that there also exist complete resin figures....very very veeeery difficult!

I think the lead Trem's are far easier to come by then the resin versions, like Wolff said. Not that either one are easy to find by any stretch. They are all very cool IMO.
Back to top Go down
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

PostSubject: Re: My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP   My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 1:26 pm

Some of the figures were only made in the Resin.

I've not been able to get my hands on one yet as they are exremely rare.

One day.... Smile
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP   My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 3:10 pm

wbobafett wrote:
Chris_J wrote:

The Lord Zarkon I have is full lead, heavy as hell. Now I got another thing to search for.. part resin and full resins. Sad
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP   My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 7:27 pm

Chris_J wrote:
wbobafett wrote:
Chris_J wrote:

The Lord Zarkon I have is full lead, heavy as hell. Now I got another thing to search for.. part resin and full resins. Sad

You love it Chris Wink

I learn something more about Trems today nice one Wolff Smile
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP   My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 7:30 pm

Yhea, I love it, like a hole in the head. Laughing Bootlegs are expensive enough so as it is. Now I understand what JoeY meant about the craziness of this route.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP   My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 3:11 am

Well, I also learned something new:

After checking the figures again, and this time I made little scratches between head and neck (by removing the head) I came to the following results:

1. Tie Pilot, Stormie, Vader, Ben: body made from resin material

2. Luke, Bossk, Han, Yoda: Body made from lead!!!

So I made a mistake...they are NOT all made from resin. Wonder why I never recognized earlier???? Duchbag Smile Laughing

At some figures you can spot holes from the air in the form:
http://www.starswar.eu/bootleg/brazil/brazilleadlssnowtrooper.jpg

this snowtrooper clrearly has a resin body!!

One figure the is missing on "theswca" is the Leia Hoth. the second figure I have to look again. But there are surely 36 figures produced!!
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP   My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 7:45 am

Someone posted a nice set on RS not too long ago..
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP   My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 1:23 pm

On SWCA, they have 34 listed, not including the knockoff ones. And if I did my research right Cool , JoeY even says in the decription part that they are made of both resin and lead. That just shows how important it is to do your research on what your collecting.
Back to top Go down
chazgreentooth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
chazgreentooth

PostSubject: Re: My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP   My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:20 pm

I don't know why I like them, but I do! Love the trems Wolff Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP   My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 1:18 pm

Chris_J wrote:
On SWCA, they have 34 listed, not including the knockoff ones. And if I did my research right Cool , JoeY even says in the decription part that they are made of both resin and lead. That just shows how important it is to do your research on what your collecting.

On the SWCA are two true star wars figures missing. Trust me, there are 36 figures existing. one missing is the Leia hoth, I think Jason found the first one. The other one I dont know from mind...to lazy to check the second one Smile

The one who posted his also really huge collection on RS was Adam Burges I think. Jason (Jedge2000) also has ajn amazing Trem collection Wink
Back to top Go down
Carl_Easter
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Carl_Easter

PostSubject: Re: My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP   My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 4:27 pm

loving the custom figures,sand trooper looks well smart might have to have a go
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP   My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 4:49 pm

What a beauty of a collection m8, very nice job Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP   My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Collection......UPDATE JUL 2010--UZAY AND PBP

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next