The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Seeking Community Support: Petition for accountability of ebay for abuse against consumers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
starwarsdan
New User
New User

Seeking Community Support:  Petition for accountability of ebay for abuse against consumers Empty
PostSubject: Seeking Community Support: Petition for accountability of ebay for abuse against consumers   Seeking Community Support:  Petition for accountability of ebay for abuse against consumers I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 2:22 pm

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

DEAR FELLOW COLLECTORS: I am drafting a public petition to end the abuse and corporate malfeasance of the retail website ebay against the consumer. I have documented 3x cases of abuse, misconduct, unlawful billing, negligence and discrimination that this company has participated in, and every time I bring it up at least 2 other people step forward and explain how the same thing happened to them.

I know there are others out there, and I think we can demonstrate that if it has not happened to you, you have merely been lucky. What happened to the 3x consumers in the cases I have documented could happen to any ebay user. It is high time that we take a stand and say NO to the discrimination and extortion tactics this company uses against the consumer under the guise of "trust & safety". My findings show how "protection" policies are used by ebay as nothing more than a weapon against its users to defraud them of money and property, or to cover up the malfunctions of their website so that they can collect additional fees from the consumer.

I hope to share the petition with all of you next week. I wanted to take this opportunity, in advance, to let you all know and ask your advance permission to share it here on this group. I realize it is a contentious issue, and that some die-hard ebay fans strongly dislike anything that could even remotely be considered disparaging against ebay. Please don't get me wrong: I am not out to "end" ebay or "take it down". I merely advocate fairness and responsible implementation of ebay's website function and policy standards. And I advocate that ebay properly repair the damage they have inflicted against account users who have fallen victim to these abuses.

If anyone disproves of my posting something of this nature here (esp. mods), please let me know in advance. But I hope to be able to count on the support of the community both here in this group as well as elsewhere online, in my endeavor to bring trust and safety back into online trading.
Thanks for your time.
Back to top Go down

Seeking Community Support: Petition for accountability of ebay for abuse against consumers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1