The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

psybertech's limelight

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Thargoil
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thargoil

psybertech's limelight - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: psybertech's limelight   psybertech's limelight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 7:36 am

Great display Jay, very nice lighting in your new cabinet. bounce  Any reason to light your figures from the bottom? (think i did not see that correct and they are lighted from the top, right?) Your build really inspired me to rethink my current setup and design something completely new. Is the glass in the cabinet UV protective (or is that only possible with acrylic)?
Nice figures and variants also..

" My newest favorite is the Lili Ledy Stormy - Can you spot him in the sea of stormies? Razz  "

Wild guess is top row, 5th from the left but it could also be the 6th. Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's limelight   psybertech's limelight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 8:54 am

Thargoil wrote:
Great display Jay, very nice lighting in your new cabinet. bounce  Any reason to light your figures from the bottom? (think i did not see that correct and they are lighted from the top, right?) Your build really inspired me to rethink my current setup and design something completely new. Is the glass in the cabinet UV protective (or is that only possible with acrylic)?
Nice figures and variants also..

" My newest favorite is the Lili Ledy Stormy - Can you spot him in the sea of stormies? Razz  "

Wild guess is top row, 5th from the left but it could also be the 6th. Stormie Smiley

The lighting is from the top. I would have like to get more lighting overall in there since the falloff from their midsection to their feet isn't evenly distributed and is darker. I need to think on how I can improve it in this cse if possible. If not, the next one will be better.
It was a fun project and I learned a lot of things that can be done a bit better the next go around. Smile

As for the Ledy Stormy... cheers , the 5th from the left (third from the left in the front row).

hehe Very Happy

EDIT:
Forgot....
Yes, the acrylic is UV protective. The 24"x24"x4.7625mm (3/16) sheet ran me about $30 if I recall.
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's limelight   psybertech's limelight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 1:17 pm

It has been a while since I really overhauled the limelight.
Over the past week I have taken a ton of new images and update everything with the latest/greatest.

A new addition to the limelight this time is my MOC Leia Bespin run (7 + a Revenge proof).

Anyway... VERY PICTURE INTENSE!!! It might take a while to load depending on your internet speed! Cool 

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's limelight   psybertech's limelight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 3:20 pm

I really enjoyed looking at your updated limelight Jay. Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's limelight   psybertech's limelight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 1:56 pm

:bump: 

Just updated a ton of pics to reflect the current main collection that is on display just so I have some reference shots in the future since I hope over the next two weeks to completely revamp my display. I'll share that when its done too. tongue

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's limelight   psybertech's limelight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 5:36 pm

So many changes over the past two months.... pretty big updates to the first post.

Biggest are the addition of my complete Kenner run!
psybertech's limelight - Page 2 14436256760_99b38bb48b_k

And my revamped Luke Farmboy display
psybertech's limelight - Page 2 14523915401_647aa2867f_k

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's limelight   psybertech's limelight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 4:44 am

amazing collection! congrats  :clap: :clap: :clap: 

just wondering how many loose variant of bespin leia exist? without bootlegs. 40???

about your favorite "geisha" leia, it looks different from what I thought was geisha leia. (I am not at all an expert here, just compare informations I have read here and there) Mine is "porcelaine/translucide" face, black hair, very red lips, no coo, found in france (some say meccano, but at least trilogo euro) (I think number 14 on 2nd row)
psybertech's limelight - Page 2 Captur10
Back to top Go down
http://www.collection-starwars.com/collection-chiktabba
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's limelight   psybertech's limelight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 6:17 pm

Hi chiktabba (sorry, I don't remember your real name)...

The "geisha" Leia I call is either a transformant or color error (poor mix or mixed in after line purge so color was diluted) but either way it is not a variant but it looks very cool and very much like a Japanese Geisha to me.
I nicknamed her that before I read about what people called a geisha, meccano or ghost face Leia which is the same family COO, but for those the COO is removed.
I describe the 'geisha/meccano/ghost face here and my Geisha over here.
In the group shot you posted, the no COO version of the pink pale faced Palitoy Leia is 7 in from the right on the first and second row. Both of them are the same no COO family but each is a different mould pair.

As far as how many variants... haha... I have no idea. I guess one needs to decide what they consider a variant and in the case of Leia bespin, she has too many possible hair and eye colors and paint schemes (side burns, lipstick) that there are very many possibilities.

I would think that a low number without considering minor pain color shades there would be:
9 to account for just the main COO families with crew and turtle neck.
Add in a red and brown POCH COO family, and a dark haired COO 2 family POCH, we are at 12.
Add in a light brown hair Ledy or Palitoy and we are at 13.
Add in a Ledy family 1 altered (raised bar China) and we are at 14.

So 14 without a doubt.
If you want to account for mould pairs, then double that to 28.
If you want a low ball number for hair color and paint application, easily another 6 (and on the high end, 18)
So..... 34 - 46 variations. Razz

I say for most folks, 9 (just mould families for crew and turlte) or 14 (including Ledy, Palitoy and POCH) would be a nice goal to have a nice Leia Bespin COO run. Smile

For me I do have some different hair color and paint apps mixed in and I think I have 32 or there about for my official differences (mould pairs included) and about 8-10 factory paint errors (missing paint somewhere on the figure).

cheers!
Very Happy
Jay
Back to top Go down
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's limelight   psybertech's limelight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 2:15 am

thanks for this great answer with lot of details.

I really like my palitoy pale face  Laughing 

I am wondering if all the figures has so many variant, and with figure would have the more variant? vader?
Back to top Go down
http://www.collection-starwars.com/collection-chiktabba
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's limelight   psybertech's limelight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

psybertech's limelight

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2