The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Custom Unproduced DROIDS figures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

Custom Unproduced DROIDS figures - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Unproduced DROIDS figures   Custom Unproduced DROIDS figures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:57 pm

If I had the cash I would buy them off you, Walkie. Do you do long term payment plans? lol!
Back to top Go down
AJ_van_Zelst
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Custom Unproduced DROIDS figures   Custom Unproduced DROIDS figures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 3:08 am

AJ_van_Zelst wrote:
I doubt any of them are acual casts.
I have to correct myself on this. The Vlix probably is a direct cast of a Glasslite and the others are probably casts from casts (those have to many rough edges to be direct casts). I doubt the Screed head is a cast, the quality is not that good.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Custom Unproduced DROIDS figures   Custom Unproduced DROIDS figures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:04 am

Is it possible they're all cast by the same maker?

The reason I ask is that the finish, material and dowels are common between the four figures.

I've also did some digging around on paypal and found the person I brought them off, i'll pm you his name, maybe you'll recognise him?

Smile
Back to top Go down
AJ_van_Zelst
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Custom Unproduced DROIDS figures   Custom Unproduced DROIDS figures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:39 am

walkie wrote:
Is it possible they're all cast by the same maker?

The reason I ask is that the finish, material and dowels are common between the four figures.
Smile
That is possible, esp. if the material all seems alike and you bought it from the same person. But then they are probably all casts from casts.

-Alex
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Custom Unproduced DROIDS figures   Custom Unproduced DROIDS figures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 5:14 am

I'd agree about the recasts of casts 100%
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Custom Unproduced DROIDS figures   Custom Unproduced DROIDS figures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 7:48 am

They Look Fantastic.

Whoever made them has some real talent! Cool
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Custom Unproduced DROIDS figures   Custom Unproduced DROIDS figures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 5:57 am

I sold the droids customs 2 days ago on another forum Sad , hopefully they bring the new owner some joy.

This does however mean I have some empty space to fill in my cupboard* and some money to spend cheers

*I know i'm well overdue a limelight (sorry guys!), however i'm in the process of planning some house renovations, after which I'm planning a new "custom" display. At the moment i'm thinking of keeping them grouped by manufacturer i.e. Kenner / Glasslite etc....

Only time will tell Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom Unproduced DROIDS figures   Custom Unproduced DROIDS figures - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Custom Unproduced DROIDS figures

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2