The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

South Aussie Vintage Collectors

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cejay
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
cejay

South Aussie Vintage Collectors Empty
PostSubject: South Aussie Vintage Collectors   South Aussie Vintage Collectors I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 6:03 pm

Hi,

I'm keen to make contact with any other south aussie vintage collectors to see if there is much interest in a regular meet.

Just to admire others collections, hang out and chat about stuff over a few beers or whatever.

Doing stuff on the forums is always a good way to discuss stuff but it would be great to get to actually meet people locally and maybe have meets at different locations to look at collections etc. Dunno just a thought.

Cheers,

Chris
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: South Aussie Vintage Collectors   South Aussie Vintage Collectors I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 6:38 pm

cejay wrote:
Hi,

I'm keen to make contact with any other south aussie vintage collectors to see if there is much interest in a regular meet.

Just to admire others collections, hang out and chat about stuff over a few beers or whatever.

Doing stuff on the forums is always a good way to discuss stuff but it would be great to get to actually meet people locally and maybe have meets at different locations to look at collections etc. Dunno just a thought.

Cheers,

Chris

Im on the same wavelength Chris its just a shame the UK is so far from OZ but i hope to get to OZ in 2011!

I live in Darlington north east England and a number of forum members are in 30 mins driving distance, even Andy lives in the same town as me.

Hopefully in 2011 i hope to host a forum event to get peeps together. I have the premises mapped out and sound cheep accommodation for those needing to travel etc.

Jay
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: South Aussie Vintage Collectors   South Aussie Vintage Collectors I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:16 pm

I sure would love to meet up with some collectors, especially TIG members or my friends on other forums, I never really got that involved till I moved away from the UK but in the last couple of years I have made some awesome mates and have seen first hand how the community reaches out and helps their friends!

Wish you luck in starting a club up CeJay mate, I bet it'll be a blast - Vintage Star Wars + BBQ's - what could be better cheers

(TIG meet up sounds ace Jay, perhaps in 2011 I can make it over!)
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: South Aussie Vintage Collectors   South Aussie Vintage Collectors I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:40 pm

Joe_O wrote:
I sure would love to meet up with some collectors, especially TIG members or my friends on other forums, I never really got that involved till I moved away from the UK but in the last couple of years I have made some awesome mates and have seen first hand how the community reaches out and helps their friends!

Wish you luck in starting a club up CeJay mate, I bet it'll be a blast - Vintage Star Wars + BBQ's - what could be better cheers

(TIG meet up sounds ace Jay, perhaps in 2011 I can make it over!)

You have to make it Joe i have an old theater for the venue ready in Middlesbrough any time i want it! Also my good mate owns a great B+B just down the road and he will do me the rooms for 12GBP each a night including a full English breakfast to boot Smile

Jay
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: South Aussie Vintage Collectors   South Aussie Vintage Collectors I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:07 pm

Tempting me with that English brekkie.. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: South Aussie Vintage Collectors   South Aussie Vintage Collectors I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:59 pm

Damn, sounds good to me. Maybe things will pick up around here before then because it looks like I wont make it to CV this year anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: South Aussie Vintage Collectors   South Aussie Vintage Collectors I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:16 am

Joe_O wrote:
Tempting me with that English brekkie.. Twisted Evil

You can't beat a full english brerkfast!!
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: South Aussie Vintage Collectors   South Aussie Vintage Collectors I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 5:37 am

Can i order a full english for breakfast, lunch & dinner?
Back to top Go down
BatintheBelfry
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
BatintheBelfry

PostSubject: Re: South Aussie Vintage Collectors   South Aussie Vintage Collectors I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 5:44 am

Tank1252 wrote:
Can i order a full english for breakfast, lunch & dinner?

Do you not get all day breakfasts in Oz then?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27599624@N00/
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: South Aussie Vintage Collectors   South Aussie Vintage Collectors I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:37 am

Let us know how you come along with getting a local club started. I attempted the same thing starting almost two years ago, but had to include modern collectors too as I've only ever met one other vintage collector in UT. I set up a website a facebook page, and hung flyers on the pegs at the local stores. I managed to get about 10 people to sign up, so last year I planned a BBQ pretty much at my own expense and only had 2-3 people show up and they were the ones I knew pretty well already. I've been thinking of trying to give it another push and set up a watching of the original version of Empire on laserdisc or something for the 30th anniversary. Most collectors here just seem to like being antisocial for some reason. I wanted to get at least one other person to help me out with managing the site and things like that and the ones I asked just said they weren't too bothered with it right now, but had I been trying to do this when the prequels were going in full. they would have gladly done it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: South Aussie Vintage Collectors   South Aussie Vintage Collectors I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 11:15 am

jaymassive619 wrote:
Joe_O wrote:
Tempting me with that English brekkie.. South Aussie Vintage Collectors Icon_twisted

You can't beat a full english brerkfast!!

you got to be kidding me , never eat it but seen pic's and no-way iam ordering that when i come to the uk, more like english braak fest

plain old belgium breakfast , bread some rosbeef butter an scrambled egg , some bacon when i have the time

and , nutella never hurt me

what would ya rather have at 08;00 this http://to55er.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/english-breakfast-blackpudding.jpg

or this

http://www.brunchclub.nl/images/WEB-FOTO-ONTBIJT-CROISSANT-.jpg

with a side of this

http://hoboken411.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/joes-prime-meats-hoboken-6-cs.jpg
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: South Aussie Vintage Collectors   South Aussie Vintage Collectors I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 11:46 am

South Aussie Vintage Collectors English-breakfast-blackpudding

THIS WINS EVERY TIME!
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: South Aussie Vintage Collectors   South Aussie Vintage Collectors I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 11:56 am

Joe_O wrote:

THIS WINS EVERY TIME!

Oh man I miss a proper English Breakfast! I'm flying over right now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: South Aussie Vintage Collectors   South Aussie Vintage Collectors I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 11:56 am

my stoach just turned 180 on me with tat big ass pic

it's fucking 8 in the morning and you wanne eat red beans and something black , and to top it off hot

no wonder you like 8d8 bad taste all around South Aussie Vintage Collectors Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: South Aussie Vintage Collectors   South Aussie Vintage Collectors I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 12:15 pm

Lol, The best thing about all day breakfast places in the UK is that generally if you don't like a certain part (like beans or black pudding, for example because I don't like either )
you can just substitute them for whatever you like more of, I normally just got more bacon and sausages or mushrooms, combine it with some nice toast and its the best!

Bad taste my ass! Cool
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: South Aussie Vintage Collectors   South Aussie Vintage Collectors I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 1:50 pm

Making me hungry as hell with that pix, but the bacon has to be done not half done. And the black urinal discs you can keep. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: South Aussie Vintage Collectors   South Aussie Vintage Collectors I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

South Aussie Vintage Collectors

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1