The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Opening Loose AFA figures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

Opening Loose AFA figures Empty
PostSubject: Opening Loose AFA figures   Opening Loose AFA figures I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:31 pm

I searched and the closest I could find was a topic on opening cut cards, so........

What are your thoughts about opening AFA Loose figures? Mainly 80s or maybe 85s....

I have a bead on 2 AFA 80 figures for a really good price each that are either
a) around 10$ above what I see being sold for the same figures loose either by known sellers stating "C9 or better" blah, blah, etc
or
b) around $20 above prices random sellers with decent pictures showing whats what

Regardless if it is a known or unknown seller, regardless of how good the pictures are, regardless of past purchases from a seller in general..... once the sale is made and figure is in hand, it may not be as perfect as I wanted.
With the AFA I have a pretty good idea it will meet or exceed my current needs. I have bought a bunch of loose figures recently only to want to find another, better one... and another... and another.... it is starting to make too big a dent in the wallet to do this.
I have one local store and they don't have much, so for me, I am stuck with the internet and its descriptions and prices.

And I am not talking about rare figures by the way, just the basics.

So, what are you thoughts?
Is it sacrilege to do this?

And, any suggestions on how to cut them out safely?
Where would the seal point be?
I only had one AFA loose fig and just sold it before I thought to look at it up close to see what the deal would be. :I am stupid:

I have my dremmel and that is the best tool I can think of to use IF I go down that road.

Thanks in advance!

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Opening Loose AFA figures   Opening Loose AFA figures I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:41 pm

I started a thread about opening AFA cases, I'll have a look for it.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Opening Loose AFA figures   Opening Loose AFA figures I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:44 pm

Here you go: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4452-the-best-way-to-open-a-loose-figure-afa-case?highlight=how+to+open+an+AFA+case
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Opening Loose AFA figures   Opening Loose AFA figures I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:49 pm

Sorry about that... my search was for openING... should have just tried open....

Thanks!
Feel free to close/lock this thread if you wish!
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Opening Loose AFA figures   Opening Loose AFA figures I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:57 pm

By starting this thread people will now be able to find the info by typing open or opening. Very Happy

Pat (RetroRewindToys) is after pics of freed figures for a project he's working on: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5315-looking-for-collectors-who-opened-afa-graded-loose-figures
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Opening Loose AFA figures   Opening Loose AFA figures I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 8:01 pm

haha.. I will read and send him the pics.
And now this topic covers open, opening and opened.

lmao geek
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Opening Loose AFA figures   Opening Loose AFA figures I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 8:08 pm

I'm sure Pat will appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opening Loose AFA figures   Opening Loose AFA figures I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opening Loose AFA figures

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1