The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Re: Loose Figures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

Re: Loose Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loose Figures   Re: Loose Figures I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 5:29 pm

Hi all

Any recomendations on a good reliable source for quality Loose figures at fair prices ?
Has anyone produced a recent list of what price you should expect to pay for C-8 or C9+ or any recommendations on what to look for ?
Many thanks
Tony
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: Re: Loose Figures   Re: Loose Figures I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 5:45 pm

TIG and RS of course!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: Re: Loose Figures   Re: Loose Figures I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 6:03 pm

Ha ha I guess I asked for that :O)
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Re: Loose Figures   Re: Loose Figures I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 6:27 pm

Prices...

Well as a general rule of thumb depending on condition no plentiful SW/ESB/ROTJ figure is going to cost you more than $15-20, I would say you could pick up most if not all of them with some patience for $10-15 in very good to mint condition.

POTF figures are all more expensive with the exception of Anakin , ranging from $20-40 for the ewoks and upto $100 for Yak/ Luke Stormy etc

There are a few exceptions to that but if you aren't bothered about variants, COO markings or anything else then a basic set can come in nice and cheap Smile
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Re: Loose Figures   Re: Loose Figures I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 6:46 pm

Joe_O wrote:
Prices...

Well as a general rule of thumb depending on condition no plentiful SW/ESB/ROTJ figure is going to cost you more than $15-20, I would say you could pick up most if not all of them with some patience for $10-15 in very good to mint condition.

POTF figures are all more expensive with the exception of Anakin , ranging from $20-40 for the ewoks and upto $100 for Yak/ Luke Stormy etc

There are a few exceptions to that but if you aren't bothered about variants, COO markings or anything else then a basic set can come in nice and cheap Smile

To "Obi-Joe" you listen to lad!

Well done Joe! A nice piece of advice! I would even recommend holding off buying a single figure until you had a feel of what prices they go for. maybe skulk around ebay and watch what prices the figures your planing to get go for!

Don't forget to use the TIG reference site to confirm the seller is supplying you with the correct and original accessories.
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Re: Loose Figures   Re: Loose Figures I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 6:47 pm

ive been buying bulk loads ever since ive started collecting variants , and like joe said , except for some

rare variants like ledy's and a meccano biker scout to name something

most if not all rotj anh esb fig in my collection where five euro each

not all are minty mint but all of them are different and for me that's what counts

btw , nice avatar
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: Re: Loose Figures   Re: Loose Figures I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 4:02 am

Thanks as always for the advice guys
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: Re: Loose Figures   Re: Loose Figures I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 4:30 am

Meant to say do you guys worry too much about the original weapons/accessories when your collecting loose figures at these prices or should these be part of them ?
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Re: Loose Figures   Re: Loose Figures I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 5:43 am

at $10-$15 I'd expect(demand) the real thing Smile I made the mistake when I started collecting as an adult of buying everything and anything without much care. If you're patient and careful you'll find all original very good condition complete figures for $15 maximum. From memory Mike sold a near complete collection half MOC, half perfect fresh from card figures that averaged out to lesss than $15 Smile There are bagged figures going for $15-$20 so paying more for loose is .......
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: Re: Loose Figures   Re: Loose Figures I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 5:48 am

Thanks James I never realised how infectious this Vintage SW would be and already know I have falled into the same trap and its amazing how my normal patience has deserted me re this topic Crying or Very sad
'I MUST DO BETTER' cheers
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Re: Loose Figures   Re: Loose Figures I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 5:54 am

Tony its only worth buying complete figures with original weapons mate because if you dont and try and buy the weapons later they can end up costing more than a complete version of the figure!

Jay
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Re: Loose Figures   Re: Loose Figures I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 6:21 am

^^^^^^

What Jay said. Everyone does it when they first start. RESIST!!!
Buy complete only.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Re: Loose Figures   Re: Loose Figures I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 1:06 pm

Indeed, always go for complete and original accessories/weapons. Ebay (UK) allows you to watch up to 200 items I believe... so fill up your watch list with all the figures you want and compare prices over time. Some really nice mint and complete figures I've managed to pick up between £2 - £9 by being patient. At other times I've seen the same figures - incomplete and in poorer condition - go for more! Ebay buying and selling is bizarre like this unsure For me patience is key, good luck Tony and keep us informed Smile Smile Smile
Paul
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: Re: Loose Figures   Re: Loose Figures I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 1:42 pm

Thanks guys.
Ebay is an obvious source and you wont be suprised to note I have plenty of all sorts of figures etc I am watching lol!
Does anyone have any thoughts as to the accuracy of the grading marks ebay sellers give their figures as it seems some on there really go heavy on price compared to others.
Anyway I am gonna sit on my hands from now on and try to be patent !!!
Will advise how it goes
Tony
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Re: Loose Figures   Re: Loose Figures I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 3:58 pm

just remeber that your lovin it and everyone with lots of money can buy things

hell if i had a million euro to blow , id buy everything on the net that is vintage star wars

but that doesnt make you a collector , it makes you someone with to much cash and time

what iam trying to say is , that like in my case , i'd love to become 50 years old , and still be looking for missing links

i dont wanne wake up and realising that i have complete my collection , i want it to take some time

and about incomplete fig , if you buy bulk loads you will surely end up with missing pieces or weapons , but you will get dubbles at time to time aswell

and what is missing might end up in the next bulk load ya buy

as far as loose complete fig , i only buy those on here and they would be verry rare

well that's my point of vieuw

hope you understand what iam trying to say
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re: Loose Figures   Re: Loose Figures I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Re: Loose Figures

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1