The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Reproduction Luke & Ben Lightsabers from Yellow & Blue plastic molds

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Paul Armory
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Paul Armory

Reproduction Luke & Ben Lightsabers from Yellow & Blue plastic molds Empty
PostSubject: Reproduction Luke & Ben Lightsabers from Yellow & Blue plastic molds   Reproduction Luke & Ben Lightsabers from Yellow & Blue plastic molds I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 10:34 pm

Hey guys,
Never hurts to inform those that don't always know or see these things for sale out there. I have not bought one but I'm thinking about so I can have a closer look myself unsure It's being advertised as a reproduction in both yellow and Blue...but how long will it take for these to infest the Lightsaber ranks???

*As always I'm not calling the seller out, I'm only calling out the POS product (Piece Of Shit for those that don't know) that is being sold!!! Angry SW

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-BLUE-BEN-KENOBI-YELLOW-LUKE-SKYWALKER-LIGHTSABERS-4-VINTAGE-FIGURES-/160983013969?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item257b55da51

Reproduction Luke & Ben Lightsabers from Yellow & Blue plastic molds Repro_24
Quote from auction;

These replacement sabers for your vintage Star Wars figures are moulded in blue or yellow and are not painted. 16 ben sabers & 8 Luke sabers are available. Message me which ones you want when you buy. See the scan of these as they are perfect & display brilliantly! Angry SW

Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction Luke & Ben Lightsabers from Yellow & Blue plastic molds   Reproduction Luke & Ben Lightsabers from Yellow & Blue plastic molds I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 10:39 pm

Report the auction, says "4 vintage figures" in title...I can't see any vintage figures for sale. lol!
Back to top Go down
Paul Armory
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Paul Armory

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction Luke & Ben Lightsabers from Yellow & Blue plastic molds   Reproduction Luke & Ben Lightsabers from Yellow & Blue plastic molds I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 10:51 pm

GREAT SCOTT!!!!!!!! YOUR RIGHT rofl rofl
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction Luke & Ben Lightsabers from Yellow & Blue plastic molds   Reproduction Luke & Ben Lightsabers from Yellow & Blue plastic molds I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 4:23 am

Just add the seller to your blocked list on eBay he sells loads of repro shit.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction Luke & Ben Lightsabers from Yellow & Blue plastic molds   Reproduction Luke & Ben Lightsabers from Yellow & Blue plastic molds I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 6:37 pm

Will it never end? No of course it won't! Sad
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction Luke & Ben Lightsabers from Yellow & Blue plastic molds   Reproduction Luke & Ben Lightsabers from Yellow & Blue plastic molds I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 7:44 pm

I only have a few ben sabers to compare but as far as i can tell, with the repros they haven't quite got the color right yet. The newer, blue cast, repros tend to be quite a bit lighter in colour compared to the originals. Although the vader and luke sabers are a closer match. Top saber Revalveit repro cast in blue plastic rounded transition tip. Bottom saber original variant 3 rounded transition tip.
[img]Reproduction Luke & Ben Lightsabers from Yellow & Blue plastic molds Saber1_zpsa19d0018[/img]

Do revalveit now make flat tip transition sabers as well?
Back to top Go down
Mynock
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Mynock

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction Luke & Ben Lightsabers from Yellow & Blue plastic molds   Reproduction Luke & Ben Lightsabers from Yellow & Blue plastic molds I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:09 am

Good to know that Ben sabers are darker; this pic is a nice reference. Does the repro saber have any markings on the hilt? Man old RevalveIT uses two lines that run parallel on his repro sabers. So this saber does not have any markings? I'm glad I have some repro sabers for reference but they are the painted repros and just look terrible.

Repro makers need a taste of force lightning, turd nuggets.

emperor2

Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction Luke & Ben Lightsabers from Yellow & Blue plastic molds   Reproduction Luke & Ben Lightsabers from Yellow & Blue plastic molds I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:43 am

Keep in mind older Revalve-it sabers have no markings & real Ben sabers can range from very light blue to very dark blue.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction Luke & Ben Lightsabers from Yellow & Blue plastic molds   Reproduction Luke & Ben Lightsabers from Yellow & Blue plastic molds I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 11:25 am

Quote from an auction that ended in the UK last night...

Quote :
You are bidding on a Vintage Star Wars Reproduction Double Telescoping (DT) Lightsaber Luke Skywalker Farmboy this is brand new was purchased as a set of 3 and only required the Darth Saber ReValveiT Sabers are THE highest quality ever created as attested by hundreds of satisfied customers the world over. They are the only Sabers worthy of display in your collection; some of which have even been remoulded from original Kenner Saber plastic! It just doesn't get any better Sabre is marked with 2 lines on one side and REV on the other of the hilt this stops them been passed off as originals.

Have ReValveiT changed there molds?
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction Luke & Ben Lightsabers from Yellow & Blue plastic molds   Reproduction Luke & Ben Lightsabers from Yellow & Blue plastic molds I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 12:23 pm

walkie wrote:
Have ReValveiT changed there molds?
Yes.

I sent DB pics of the new style ones (and a bunch of random repro weapons too).
They do have 2 slashes on one side and Rev on the other.

Here are the pics I sent DB:

Reproduction Luke & Ben Lightsabers from Yellow & Blue plastic molds Rev-ben-repro-DT-1
Reproduction Luke & Ben Lightsabers from Yellow & Blue plastic molds Rev-luke-repro-DT-1
The comparison is to what I beleive is the old Revalveit... no sure, but it was sent to DB with the other repros.
Reproduction Luke & Ben Lightsabers from Yellow & Blue plastic molds Rev-luke-repro-DT-compare
Reproduction Luke & Ben Lightsabers from Yellow & Blue plastic molds Rev-vader-repro-DT-1
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction Luke & Ben Lightsabers from Yellow & Blue plastic molds   Reproduction Luke & Ben Lightsabers from Yellow & Blue plastic molds I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reproduction Luke & Ben Lightsabers from Yellow & Blue plastic molds

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1