The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet???? Empty
PostSubject: What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet????   What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet???? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 9:42 am

I need some thoughts from the experts.

I have the chance to buy a Canadian MIB AT-ST with instruction sheet. Now the AT-ST itself has yellowed a bit. What would be the rough value of this piece.
I think the seller is over valuing it.

Any thoughts on the price range??????

What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet???? At-st10

Last edited by Commander Clint on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet????   What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet???? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 9:52 am

Never seen a Canadian box before.

Cool box, I like the "VEHICULE DE RECONNAISSANCE" description on the front.

I don't have a clue about the value, but pls make sure you make pics for the POTB thread once you succeed to buy it. Very Happy

Maybe Mark (DarthStanley) knows, he has a Canadian boxes focus.

Good luck!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet????   What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet???? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 10:02 am

Thanks Marco

I will send Mark a pm.
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet????   What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet???? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 2:56 pm

I was able to get this piece. cheers The seller was even able to find "a Canadian ESB mini catalog" to go with it. Does anyone know which catalog went with it???? :scratch:

Now the big question? I have a MIB US AT-ST with cardboard inserts and instruction sheet, but with no catalog. The box is in rough shape, but the AT-ST itself is in most excellent shape. I'm assuming that the US and Canadian AT-ST's came from the same factory and were just put into different boxes. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Should I switch the pieces around to make the best possible MIB?????

Any and all thoughts good or bad are appreciated........
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet????   What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet???? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Catalogue wise, there are several canadian esb one's, some of which are in my limelight...

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5063p15-instruction-leaflets-catalogues-inserts-focus
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet????   What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet???? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 9:05 pm

Thanks for the link Walkie.

I think that I have a few catalogs around somewhere. And I'm pretty sure, I have a couple of the ones you have in your limelight. I'm just not sure which one came with it?

The big question to everyone, is to mix and match to end up with the nicest MIB possible????
Back to top Go down
crealkilla
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
crealkilla

PostSubject: Re: What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet????   What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet???? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 9:50 pm

Nice find Clint. Hope you'll get it. Always love Canadian version box.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet????   What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet???? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 9:56 pm

Check the copyright markings, I think they'll be the same & then mix & match Smile
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet????   What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet???? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 11:11 pm

AJ, thanks for the input, now where do I find the copyright info on the at-st. I've been on the ipad all evening trying to find out info and just can't seem to find where it can be located. I thought someone on this forum talked about how to take the head apart, but I can't find the thread either. I will have to have a better look tomorrow when I've sobered up a little. lol!
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet????   What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet???? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 1:28 am

Nicely done getting your hands on a pretty damn good looking Canadian piece. My AT-ST is still in storage, or I'd look for the info. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet????   What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet???? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 5:58 am

From memory the copyright info is on the underside of the body.
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet????   What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet???? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 10:16 am

Thanks Steve. I found it this morning in the daylight and with my glasses on!
I should never do serious research in the evening after having a few pints! lol!

That is the copyright "LFL 1982", but is there a "made in" stamp somewhere?

I thought that another member was asking a few weeks or possible months ago, how to take the head apart and when he finally did, I thought they found another stamp hidden inside? I forgot to watch the topic. I went through a lot of threads last night while watching the hockey game and have a few beers and didn't find it. drinking

Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet????   What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet???? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 10:25 am

Are you thinking of this thread Clint?
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4535-has-anyone-dismantled-their-at-st-before
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet????   What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet???? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 10:35 am

Steve, thanks for the link. Very Happy I saw that one, but I thought there was someone discussing specifically how to take the head apart. I guess it doesn't matter, because I'm not going to take it apart anyway. :I am stupid:

I was just curious if there was a "made in" stamp somewhere. The recent discussion and discovery about the "made in the UK Rancor" comes to mind. I guess that I want to make sure the pieces are identical before I make the switch.
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet????   What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet???? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 11:10 am

JesseVader08 wrote:
Nicely done getting your hands on a pretty damn good looking Canadian piece. My AT-ST is still in storage, or I'd look for the info. Embarassed

crealkilla wrote:
Nice find Clint. Hope you'll get it. Always love Canadian version box.

Thanks Jesse and Sulaiman. The box is in great shape.

Jesse, if there is any way for you to dig your at-st out of storage and check which catalog came with it, that would be a big help. Do you have the Canadian boxed Jabba the Hut play set or the Canadian boxed Tauntaun? I would love to know which catalog came with those as well?

I'm going to have a few hours to kill this afternoon, and I was going to take some pictures for The World of Odd and for Marco's POTB threads!

As always, thanks for everyone's help. cheers
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet????   What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet???? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 11:46 am

Commander Clint wrote:
Steve, thanks for the link. Very Happy I saw that one, but I thought there was someone discussing specifically how to take the head apart. I guess it doesn't matter, because I'm not going to take it apart anyway. :I am stupid:

I was just curious if there was a hidden "made in" stamp somewhere. The recent discussion and discovery about the "made in the UK Rancor" comes to mind. I guess that I want to make sure the pieces are identical before I make the switch.

I think this must be the thread you mean: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4928-tough-nuts-to-crack

There's no mention of a hidden 'Made In'/COO, but I've linked it here anyway, so that it may be easier to find in the future. Very Happy

Thinking about it, it would defeat the purpose of a COO stamp if it were not clearly visible. I don't have my AT-ST to hand, but is it possible that they don't have a COO stamp?

Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet????   What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet???? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 1:01 pm

Thanks Steve, that was the one I was thinking about. cheers I just couldn't remember if there was a stamp found inside.

You might be right about not having a "made in" stamp. I've looked at the 2 in front of me for the past 20 minutes "yes, with my glasses on", and have not been able to find one visible anywhere. I've checked the inside of the legs, bottom of the feet, inside the top hatch, etc., and nothing!
Thanks for all your help on this one Steve. I think that I'm safe in making the switch.
Pictures to follow in the POTB thread soon.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet????   What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet???? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 1:06 pm

No problem Clint, I'm happy to try & help.

I'll look forward to seeing your entry in the POTB thread. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet????   What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet???? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 1:27 pm

That's a fantastic find Clint! Congrats mate. Cool
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet????   What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet???? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 12:48 am

Commander Clint wrote:
Jesse, if there is any way for you to dig your at-st out of storage and check which catalog came with it, that would be a big help. Do you have the Canadian boxed Jabba the Hut play set or the Canadian boxed Tauntaun? I would love to know which catalog came with those as well?

Sorry Clint, all of my vehicles and beasts are loose, I was thinking more of the possible 'Made in/COO' info. But it sounds like there's none to be found anyway based on your research.
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet????   What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet???? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 2:28 pm

Great that you could land the Canadian AT-ST, Clint. Very Happy

And thank you for sending pics for the POTB thread. I will use them to update the AT-ST entry soon, probably next weekend.

Cheers

Marco
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet????   What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet???? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 2:37 pm

Thanks to everyone for their help and opinions. Very Happy

Marco, if you need more or better pictures, just let me know.

Just a sneak peak at the POTB thread update.

What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet???? Img_3810

What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet???? Img_3811
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet????   What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet???? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 4:17 am

Clint, I have just added your pics to the AT-ST entry,

Many thanks for helping us with this project. Very Happy

AT-ST (All Terrain Scout Transport)

Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet????   What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet???? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 11:29 am

Dr Dengar wrote:

Clint, I have just added your pics to the AT-ST entry,

Many thanks for helping us with this project. Very Happy

AT-ST (All Terrain Scout Transport)

Marco, glad I could help. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet????   What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet???? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What to do now with the Canadian Boxed AT-ST with instruction sheet????

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1