The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 11:58 am

Thanks Ozio, so that would suggest 'sloppy' manufacturing processes with the application of the chrome/varnish?

In which case there is no such thing as a 'silver' C-3PO as they are all variations of gold be in light, dark, dull or shiny, and as my examples shows there can be a tinge of gold in the finish.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 5:39 am

....sth totally different:

Can anyone fill me in: HK COO LL Stormtrooper??

The one recently for sale looks like swapped legs...and has touch ups IMO.

I never heard of this...have I missed sth??

Thanks

Wolff
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 6:05 am

wbobafett wrote:
....sth totally different:

Can anyone fill me in: HK COO LL Stormtrooper??

The one recently for sale looks like swapped legs...and has touch ups IMO.

I never heard of this...have I missed sth??

Thanks

Wolff

I think that one is the missing Frankenstein variant  lol! 

It looks like the seller has updated his listing, can anyone confirm it appeared in that book? I got rid of my copy a long ago as it was useless!!

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 LpyON4u

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 GksMrHH

Photos from the auction, I'm also struggling to see the half filled peg holes. Are my eyes failing me?

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 9kHbRah

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 LnIecnP

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 IJdEcsz

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 LnAHwdD
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 7:11 am

Torso: beated to hell!!!

Legs: minty mint....

now what?!?!?!  Razz Razz Razz

I have no doubts this one is a made up Frankenstein. But my question is: Has anyoneelse ever heard of a HK Stormie?!?!?
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 9:07 am

I've never heard of a HK LL stormtrooper. Both of mine are no coo. Hopefully a few others with chime in.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 9:27 am

IMO...made up BS!

We need someone with the book to see the stormie entry. Both Marco & Ozio have copies, maybe they can chime in?
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 9:29 am

Guys the seller is a member here, so ask him directly. In fact we saw these figures back on page 16
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5523p225-the-lili-ledy-guide-discussion-thread-part-2#106860

He is Polk #1. I believe he aquired the figure from mexico in its current state, however that does not mean it is a ledy. He does have a lot of nice stuff up at the moment and it seems that a couple of the pieces are being discussed including the orange cape squidhead he has which was brought up yesterday by Jedi June.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 9:54 am

walkie wrote:
IMO...made up BS!

seconded...but well...I would like to hear Horatio on that one!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 10:00 am

Hadn't clicked Polk was knumskull. He's flipped a bit of Harold's stuff. I've not had an issue. Sergio has sold similar squids...
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 10:07 am

I've brought off knumskull before on ebay without any problems. He was my nemesis last year on ebay as he bid on everything I wanted!!

Having pm'ed him on ebay recently he has now quit collecting and is selling up.
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 2:43 pm

Here are the 12" Lili Ledy's that I bought from a RS member out of the Toronto area.  I didn't know much about them when I bought them, other than they were Lili Ledy.  Hopefully we can create a great TIG Lili Ledy guide for them as well.
Just some basic pictures.  I will get some more pictures and close ups soon.  Hopefully some of our resident LL experts can help as well.

Here is what the RS member told me, at least best to his knowledge.
12" Darth Vader with all original LL boots, clothing, & cape, missing original saber.  I have some sort of repo saber with it.
12" Sand Person (Tusken Raider) with original LL boots.  Clothes are not original.
12" Han Solo with all original LL boots, clothing, belt and gun.  He thinks the belt actually belongs to Luke.
12" Luke Skywalker with original LL boots.  The belt is questionable?  The rest of the clothing is not original.

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 Lili_l10

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 Lili_l15THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 Lili_l16THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 Lili_l17THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 Lili_l18
Back to top Go down
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 6:25 pm

Nice Boba Adolfo, I've never seen that L before,
it looks pretty different to the L's found on other molds, like this ones on LL Squid Head:

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 Imagen11
As you can see these ones have volume, the one on your pic looks carved on my opinion.
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 Imagen12
or could be something like this ones, they look thinner but still with volume:
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 Imagen13
We need better pics, the one thing I can't place on that L is that it should be present on all or lots of the LL Bobas, that's not a unique characteristic, if it was on the mold then that L should be all over the place, just as the L's on the LL Squid Head, Every single LL Squid has them, there's another LL figure with L's Lando Skiff, also each one I've checked has those. Again, if this L was a mold thing it should be present on every LL Boba.

Hey Adolfo can you take a nice close up of that L?

Here some pics of more Bobas:
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 2012-017 THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 2012-018THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 2013-012THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 2013-013

I agree with Wolff, that stormtrooper looks custom, there's no HK Stormie.
Is the book you are talking about the LL guide that came out some months ago?

Cheers
Ozio

Last edited by OZIO on Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:02 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 7:02 pm

Ozio, I believe that is the book yes. I posted a picture of the text from his auction listing which states the title.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:11 pm

This evening, I will check the book from Dack Coleccionables for any entries of a HK COO Stormtrooper.

Nice post about the 12 inch Ledy figures, Clint. Very Happy

EDIT: Have just searched the book for over 15 minutes and could not find it, at least not on all the logical places.

So just forget about the HK COO Ledy Stormi.

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com Online
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 1:27 pm

Ok, on that book, the Stormtrooper pictured and described as LL it's not a LL figure.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 2:19 pm

Great...thanks for that Ozio!!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 5:37 pm

Commander Clint wrote:
Here are the 12" Lili Ledy's that I bought from a RS member out of the Toronto area.  I didn't know much about them when I bought them, other than they were Lili Ledy.  Hopefully we can create a great TIG Lili Ledy guide for them as well.
Just some basic pictures.  I will get some more pictures and close ups soon.  Hopefully some of our resident LL experts can help as well.

12" Darth Vader with all original LL boots, clothing, & cape, missing original saber.  I have some sort of repo saber with it.
12" Sand Person (Tusken Raider) with original LL boots.  Clothes are not original.
12" Han Solo with all original LL boots, clothing, belt and gun.  He thinks the belt actually belongs to Luke.
12" Luke Skywalker with original LL boots.  The belt is questionable?  The rest of the clothing is not original.

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 Lili_l15THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 Lili_l16THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 Lili_l17THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 Lili_l18

Hi,
I can add this:

Those belts are repro, look:
Original for Han Solo:
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 Dsc00310
Original for Luke:
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 Imagen10

The sticker on Vader is missing:
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 Dsc00312

The gun for Han should not have the 'HONG KONG' on it, (can't see it on your pic).

These are the original sabers:
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 Sables10

and the boots on Luke and Tusken Raider shoul be brown:
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 Dsc00313

I hope this helps.
Cheers
Ozio
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 8:58 pm

OZIO wrote:
I hope this helps.
Cheers
Ozio

Thanks Ozio for your help. cheers 

Question, is the LL Vader cape supposed to have a snap on it?
Back to top Go down
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 2:00 am

Hi, yes it must have a snap on.
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 110

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 210

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 Dsc00314

Cheers
Ozio
Back to top Go down
Polk#1
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Polk#1

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 8:06 pm

OZIO wrote:
Ok, on that book, the Stormtrooper pictured and described as LL it's not a LL figure.
Thank you for the clarification, Ozio. I know there have been some questionable things to come out of that book. Thank you again
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 1:03 pm

OZIO wrote:
Hi, yes it must have a snap on.

Thanks Ozio, +'s on the way

Here are some close ups of the Vader cape that I have.  I'm beginning to think that it's not real or it's been repaired.  The snap is more like a button that goes through the cape. And the stitching looks different than the one you showed.
Also Han's gun looks in rough shape. Melted a bit?

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 Img_0519THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 Img_0520THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 Img_0521THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 Img_0522
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 1:16 pm

i will take more pics later on.... I have another LL Boba Fett with me to compare them .... will have to do an autopsy!! ...  lol!  lol!  lol!  lol! 

OZIO wrote:
it looks pretty different to the L's found on other molds, like this ones on LL Squid Head:

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 Imagen11
As you can see these ones have volume, the one on your pic looks carved on my opinion.
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 Imagen12
or could be something like this ones, they look thinner but still with volume:
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 Imagen13
We need better pics, the one thing I can't place on that L is that it should be present on all or lots of the LL Bobas, that's not a unique characteristic, if it was on the mold then that L should be all over the place, just as the L's on the LL Squid Head, Every single LL Squid has them, there's another LL figure with L's Lando Skiff, also each one I've checked has those. Again, if this L was a mold thing it should be present on every LL Boba.

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 2012-017 THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 2012-018THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 2013-012THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 2013-013

I agree with Wolff, that stormtrooper looks custom, there's no HK Stormie.
Is the book you are talking about the LL guide that came out some months ago?

Cheers
Ozio

I have all of them boxed and complete... except vader SadSad
I will take more pics later on

Commander Clint wrote:

Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 1:49 pm

OZIO wrote:

Cheers
Ozio

Horacio , are those LL RRBF´s???? .... or fixed rockets LL Fetts that has been taken out the rocket???
the last pic looks to me as a regular fixed rocket that was taken out by force ( you can clearly see the mark of the rocket been cut from the base of the pocket) sadly I dont have more LL RRBF´s with me know... all I have are old pics from them...
when I discover that it even took several minutes for everybody to see the "L" becasue you can only see it fom certain angle , it was even very difficult to get it with the zoom of the camara ... I assume that the LL RRBF was made in a different mold from the regular LL FRBF. ( still I have to open the LL FRBF to see it with my own eyes!)

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 20131212
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 20131213
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 1:52 pm

I dont know if this pic can help you for the moment...may be is not the best pic, but you can see clearly the clothes...THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 20131110

Commander Clint wrote:

Back to top Go down
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 2:10 pm

merlin wrote:

Horacio , are those LL RRBF´s???? .... or fixed rockets LL Fetts that has been taken out the rocket???
the last pic looks to me as a regular fixed rocket that was taken out by force ( you can clearly see the mark of the rocket been cut from the base of the pocket) sadly I dont have more LL RRBF´s with me know... all I have are old pics from them...
when I discover that it even took several minutes for everybody to see the "L" becasue you can only see it fom certain angle , it was even very difficult to get it  with the zoom of the camara ... I assume that the LL RRBF was made in a different mold from the regular LL FRBF. ( still I have to open the LL FRBF to see it with my own eyes!)

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 20131212
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 20131213

Hi Adolfo thanks for your reply, 3 of them are LL RR Bobas, the last one is a RR but with the rocket inserted before the welding process.
I have a broken regular LL fett also and not one of them have that L inside, can you use a magnifier glass on it for a better pic?
Cheers

Ozio
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 14 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 14 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next