The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Paul Armory
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Paul Armory

Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help! Empty
PostSubject: Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help!   Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 2:38 pm

So Obi-wan pictured below is 1 of 3 variant questions I'll be posting within the next 3 minutes... I am posting a picture of Variant#2 clearly marked and the unknown one to me. The second '7' from 1977 is centered on the 'K' in Hong Kong.

Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help! Dscn2520[/url[url=http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/gallery/Personal-album-of-SithLord2013/Ben-Variant-pic_7007.htm]Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help! Dscn2521

I've been going crazy and my eyes are now crossed for a couple days now from looking at Variants Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help! 165161 Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help! 165161 Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help! 165161 Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help! 165161
Thanks in advance for your inputs and help!!! Don't forget to take a look see at my other questions toooooo.
Back to top Go down
Paul Armory
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Paul Armory

PostSubject: Here's one...Leia Boushh Helmet Variations?   Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 2:49 pm

Ok even though I'm cross eyed from looking at the COO small print for hours. I can make out the letters in this pics. Well the camera can make them out anyhow Laughing
If there is a link to more comprehensive Leia Boushh helmet variants please attach it. If not please assist with the below...Letter 'E' and Letter 'F'. As always Thanks in Advance cheers

Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help! Dscn2523Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help! Dscn2522
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help!   Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 2:55 pm

I know the problem of eyes getting tired looking at small letters for too long time. Very Happy

Here is some background on Hong Kong and Taiwan type helmets. The Hong Kong helmets came with different letters inside.

Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help! BoushhHelmetComparison

Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help! BoushhHelmetComparison2

Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help! BoushhHelmetComparison3
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Paul Armory
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Paul Armory

PostSubject: Lando Carissian Variant help   Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 3:06 pm

Ok with this guy you will see below that the 'L' from LFL is even with the '9' from the 1980. Now you would think it's a match with Variant #10 except for the fact that there is no raised 'CHINA' on his left leg. And the 'L' does not match up with Variants #1 or #2...actualluy #1 and #2 look to be the same???

Ideas..inputs...I'll take them please. Thanks Wink
Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help! Dscn2524
Back to top Go down
Paul Armory
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Paul Armory

PostSubject: Re: Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help!   Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 3:12 pm

Thank you Dr. Dengar for healing this Variant ailment Wink
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help!   Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 3:13 pm

The China raised bar Landos were produced from the same pair of molds as the Hong Kong Landos after the COO was altered. Hong Kong was drilled out of the original molds, (resulting in a raised bar on the figure) and then stamped 'China'.

Some figures can also have mixed limbs. Therefore the legs on a figure could have come from different molds.

Have a look at Wolff's 'Introduction Coo's' here: swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/ It's a very informative read! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help!   Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 3:18 pm

Not that its much help but I checked out the pics and It doesn't look like your unknown coo is even on Wolffs coo guide . From what I understand the chart has not been updated in awhile and I believe alot more variants have been discovered . Hopefully someone else will be able to help you more but I know that I find variants all the time that aren't on the current guide . I know I have 2 Weequay coo variants right now that aren't on Wolffs guide for instance Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paul Armory
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Paul Armory

PostSubject: Re: Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help!   Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 3:36 pm

ourchickenshack wrote:
Not that its much help but I checked out the pics and It doesn't look like your unknown coo is even on Wolffs coo guide . From what I understand the chart has not been updated in awhile and I believe alot more variants have been discovered . Hopefully someone else will be able to help you more but I know that I find variants all the time that aren't on the current guide . I know I have 2 Weequay coo variants right now that aren't on Wolffs guide for instance Very Happy

I'm trying to get some insight on the guide update process. The question is can you accurately get all Variants/ COO marks and have them documentd? I say YES you can with those willing to participate and help with the process. It would have to be a consorted effort with specifics for photos and such. I've seen the crap photos that people take so a very difficult part would be having all photo inputs be of decent quality.
So specific guidelines would have to be met. unsure
I haven't got to my Weequay's yet. Looks like I'll go direct to you for a variation question about him bow well... so we can both be confused and have a party with our confusion :bong:
Back to top Go down
Paul Armory
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Paul Armory

PostSubject: Re: Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help!   Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 3:43 pm

cantina_patron wrote:
The China raised bar Landos were produced from the same pair of molds as the Hong Kong Landos after the COO was altered. Hong Kong was drilled out of the original molds, (resulting in a raised bar on the figure) and then stamped 'China'.

Some figures can also have mixed limbs. Therefore the legs on a figure could have come from different molds.

Have a look at Wolff's 'Introduction to Coo's' here: swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/

whoa whoa whoa, that's no fair mixing and matching crap, just kidding. You helped clarify to me a little more about the raised bar aspect. Thanks for the link it is bookmarked and will be used!
-Cheers
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help!   Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 10:08 pm

Paul

I've merged the topics into one thread you can use. Just add as needed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Paul Armory
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Paul Armory

PostSubject: Re: Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help!   Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 10:35 pm

DarthBerizing wrote:
Paul

I've merged the topics into one thread you can use. Just add as needed!

Missed one John...the Chewbacca one. lmao I'm kidding. I am lauging my ass off because I was like a kid in the candy store posting these pics today. Thanks for the merge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help!   Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Variation questions on Boushh Helmet, Obi Wan , and Lando - Help!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1