The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis... Empty
PostSubject: ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis...   ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:52 am

I can usually figure out different variants from researching older threads but I have alot of difficulty with Snowtroopers sometimes . I received this Snowtrooper in a small lot the other day and was surprised by it being a no coo / hard torso variant .
I can't tell which coo it is so I took a couple pics at different angles to try to show it the best I could . I am pretty sure that it would be considered a "hard torso" but it also looks to me like the limbs are made of hard plastic too - they are very stiff and hard (insert your own joke) and the LFL 1980 is very defined print .
The best I can ever seem to figure out on these variants is that they might be Tri Logo , PBP or YPS . This figure came with a cape that has holes instead of slits which I know is known to have come with YPS but he has a standard gun and not the GI JOe gun . If I remember right not all YPS had the funky gun and the round hole capes weren't exclusive to YPS - so basically neither accessory nails him down to a particular variant .
Any help will be greatly appreciated Very Happy

ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis... Dsc00910

ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis... Dsc00911

ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis... Dsc00912

ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis... Dsc00913

ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis... Dsc00914

ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis... Dsc00915

I appologize for the poor quality of my pics but hopefully they are decent enough that he can be Identified - Thank you in advance What a Face

Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis...   ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 12:41 pm

To me at least, it looks like #4 in the COO guide

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/Vintage-Star-Wars-COO-Guide-h14.htm#Imperial%20Stormtrooper%20%28Hoth%20Battle%20Gear%29
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis...   ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 12:53 pm

Thank You - I was thinking the same - either #4 or one of the unlabled coo's at the bottom - top row 3rd from the left ?

I would like to know if it has a particular origin or what variation it is considered - is it just a generic Tri Logo type release or would he be considered something a little more speacial ?
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis...   ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 1:48 pm

I would call it an European variant, released on Tri and PBP cards, other cards as well?

There is an avalanche of different scars available as indicated in the COO guide.

Cool variant.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis...   ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 2:02 pm

Thank you Marcobi Wan Kenobi !! Any idea of a fair market vaule on him ?
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis...   ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 2:05 pm

He seems in a very good condition, maybe $40-45 range?

Let's see what the others think.

Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis...   ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 2:18 pm

oh yeah - he's in very nice condition - I doubt that he was played with much (if at all) . Joints are tight , paint is nice and he looks whiter in person than the pics . He does seem to have that weird white color that most of the Hard torso varinats seem to have - not sure what to call it - Bone White , Ivory white ?? seems like I have seen a term somewhere before used to describe the color ... I guess it could just be discoloration too but I am pretty sure the color is common with the hard torsos and have heard talk about it before unsure
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis...   ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 3:00 pm

I'd say Marco is pretty much on the money with his valuation.

That really is a nice example James. You're right about the colour, the hard torso is distictly different in appearance to the standard ones.
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis...   ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 3:19 pm

Thank You Cantina Patron (Steve? - sorry I am trying really hard to learn everyones real names still - I seem to have a small problem with "short term memory loss" :bong: )

Is it standard for Hard Torso figures to have Hard Limbs too ? or can they be found mix matched ?
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis...   ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 3:24 pm

ourchickenshack wrote:
Thank You Cantina Patron (Steve? - sorry I am trying really hard to learn everyones real names still - I seem to have a small problem with "short term memory loss" :bong: )

Is it standard for Hard Torso figures to have Hard Limbs too ? or can they be found mix matched ?

You've got my name right Wink

I have examples of both, although I've found the hard torso with soft limbs to be more common.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis...   ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 4:12 pm

For what it's worth here's one of my Snowtroopers, it also has the same hard torso, circle holes in the cape and COO 4 (although more like the one from the bottom right corner where the bottom of the '8' is missing)
ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis... 3d_imp10

Interestingly though, I got mine from a local auction which was from a guaranteed British childhood collection, I know they were available elsewhere in Europe, but thought I'd mention it anyway.
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis...   ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 4:36 pm

very cool General Kahn What a Face Yours is almost identical to mine - I have terrible eyesight and need glasses badly but , the best I can see , the only difference is the little bit of the 8 missing on your coo .
I am probably wrong but I have read/heard somewhere that the Tri Logos were sold all over the world - maby this explains why I have found one here in the states and you have found yours in Britan ? Seems like you can find all sorts of strange variants in Tri Logo packages unsure
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis...   ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 5:03 pm

Quote :
I am probably wrong but I have read/heard somewhere that the Tri Logos were sold all over the world

Tri-Logo's were distributed widely in Europe in an official sense, however when production stopped General Mills (the over all govening body) had all overstock shipped to the U.S. where it ended up in stores like Kaybee at discount prices, so all though Tri-Logo's where never released in the U.S. many did ultimately end up there.

Joe's explains it better! Check out his site:
http://trilogo.info/

Hope this helps chief.
Back to top Go down
Paul Armory
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Paul Armory

PostSubject: Re: ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis...   ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 7:06 pm

Heck I click this to wonder along side of you...but no picture Sad ya I like the books with pictures.
Back to top Go down
Paul Armory
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Paul Armory

PostSubject: Re: ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis...   ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 7:09 pm

[quote="SithLord2013"]Heck I click this to wonder along side of you...but no picture Sad ya I like the books with pictures.[/quote

NEVER MIND OBVIOUSLY THE DAM PHONE AIN'T THAT SMART. SORRY
Back to top Go down
Jason Snaggletooth
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Jason Snaggletooth

PostSubject: Subject: Re: ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed    ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 4:57 pm

I have the exact Snowtrooper that I just got in the mail, same coo markings, but is a wee bit shorter than a HK kenner. Is it Tri-Logo, PBP, or YPS. Even has cape with holes, shiny and dull side, and standard Kenner rifle. Which is mine?
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis...   ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 12:29 am

Hey Jason,

I have just seen your thread about your Snowtrooper on RS.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1097287/

Looks like an European variant to me.

The figure probably only looks smaller because of its wide stance.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Jason Snaggletooth
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Jason Snaggletooth

PostSubject: Subject: Re: ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis   ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 12:38 am

Dr Dengar wrote:
Hey Jason,

I have just seen your thread about your Snowtrooper on RS.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1097287/

Looks like an European variant to me.

The figure probably only looks smaller because of its wide stance.

Cheers

Not sure what a European variant it is. It even has a shorter looking head, and helmet is a little flatter on top then the HK Kenner.

Thank you.
Jason
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis...   ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:01 am

IMO made by PBP and this COO is found on Palitoy ROTJ cards and probibly other euro cards to Cool
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis...   ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:11 am

Looks like one of the new Mark Poon snowtroppers to me, they have just hit the market :buzzing: :drumroll: meeting
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis...   ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:26 am

Aussie Fortuna wrote:
Looks like one of the new Mark Poon snowtroppers to me, they have just hit the market :buzzing: :drumroll: meeting

Really??, if so i'll give it a week before we see blue ones!!
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis...   ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 6:19 am

walkie wrote:
Aussie Fortuna wrote:

Really??, if so i'll give it a week before we see blue ones!!

Hahaha, no i was just joking :cool laugh: , but there is a guy that does the bluestars on a custom cardback, i think he does headman too and a few other uzays.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis...   ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 7:30 am

doh you got me, yeah I've seen the fake uzay's, there just painted beaters at the moment so they're easy to spot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis...   ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ID Help on a Snowtrooper needed ... help me Obi Wan Kenobis...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1