The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 6:33 am

Very interesting. I wasnt aware that Palitoy produced any of the vintage Star Wars toys. It would be interesting to know if it is just the Rancor and B-Wing. Why didnt they produce figures as well? I'd never heard of this before.

Stefan it might be worth asking this question over on Rebelscum as there are a lot of people very knowledgable about manufacturing and production that might have a knowledge of this.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 6:37 am

Aren't there Palitoy exclusive figures?....

White Chief Chirpa
Han Hoth with Olive Legs
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 6:41 am

Not produced by Palitoy (well that was the general belief) - just found on palitoy cards. So likely produced in Asia. Note that neither is exclusive to Palitoy cards either. The white Chief Chirpa has been found on Kenner cards - further supporting that it was made in Asia.

It would be great if there were confirmed figures produced in the UK though.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 6:44 am

The RS thread has gone live....

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1095214/#post19080545

I've never seen a carded white chirpa, i was lead to believe they were a mail-away figure?

Back to top Go down
flycasual
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
flycasual

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 7:28 am

I've seen white Chief Chirpas all over the place.
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 7:31 am

flycasual wrote:
I've seen white Chief Chirpas all over the place.

To my knowledge only on a Palitoy, Kenner and imports of either.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 8:25 am

Interesting....

Tri-Logo Rancor

Box says "Made in Mexico" in English and French and COO under left armpit is...LFL 1984 Kenner Products.

Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? - Page 2 CSauycV

Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? - Page 2 VgGUCvM

Bi-Logo Slave 1

Crealkilla....The COO seems the same with the Kenner version. 1981 Lucas Film Ltd Kennet Products. Cincinnati Ohio 45202.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 9:33 am

More info on the Rancor monster COOs

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3795-ledy-rancor-monster

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3345-mim-rancor-mib-value-pics-added
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 1:33 pm

Interesting that the Tri-Logo has the Kenner COO, I was hoping that it might have said U.K. unsure Then again it's even more interesting that the box says 'MADE IN MEXICO' unsure unsure

Did the Rancor ever get released in a standard Palitoy box? I was originally assuming Tri-Logo would have pretty much being dominating British stores by that point. If not, does anyone have or kow of a Palitoy produced Tri-Logo box?

The bizarre AT-ST box I was on about, I posted it in a seperate thread:
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5473-any-thoughts-on-the-origins-of-this-at-st-box#89001
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 1:46 pm

It's odd, i was also hoping the Tri-Logo Rancor was the GM UK but not, we need to track down a ROTJ boxed Uk rancor now.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 2:40 pm

Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? - Page 2 WPsTanP

Spotted this, although it's KENNER there is a nice little insert, can you spot it?
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 3:07 pm

Quote :
Spotted this, although it's KENNER there is a nice little insert, can you spot it?

Yep didn't take long to spot that little bad boy insert! it appears to be some kind of bizarre instructions on how to assemble the glider, and show's they actually care! Very Happy

The other bit' interesting though, it would appear that this Kenner product was distirbuted by Palitoy. Smile

Seriouly though, well spotted chief, that is very interesting. To be fair I can't really comment, because I don't collect boxed stuff, but that is something I haven't seen before.

Nice work chief Very Happy
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 3:16 pm

I don't know if it's relevant or not, but seeing Walkie's Glider pic, made me think I do actually have an instuction manual for the glider that I got as part of an auction. seems pointless, but, it's the same and the auction was from a definate childhood colletion in England, so if anything at all confirms the instuctions sheets validity as something used internationally if nothing else.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 4:04 pm

I also have a boxed Kenner Ewok Glider with the Palitoy note. Mine has the 'Special Buy 49p' sticker on the box. As far as I'm aware this is common.
While some of these were clearly distributed by Palitoy I believe that all Kenner Ewok Glider boxes are printed 'Made In Mexico', the same as the Ewok catapult (which can have a Palitoy sticker applied).
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 2:51 pm

Well it looks like PALITOY also did stickers onn the outside of the boxes...

Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? - Page 2 WR9dnfV

Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? - Page 2 EirbqLO

Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? - Page 2 WCLGyE0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2