The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? Empty
PostSubject: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 6:48 pm

Hey Folks

I've been meaning to ask this for ages, but haven't been on line. I bought this Rancor Monster about a year back and noticed that the COO stamp was U.K. I've never seen an actual U.K. stamp before, but also I don't have many vehicles or beast, playsets etc. So have never really been able to compare.
Just wondered if there were any other items with a U.K. mark?

Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? 1d_ran10

The mark:

Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? 1c_ran10

Cheers folks.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 7:14 pm

That's the first one I've seen Shocked
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 7:15 pm

Me too. Never heard of anything with a UK coo before. Boxwise, between the Kenners and Trilogos I know that 'Made in Mexico' and 'Made in England' were printed on the packaging. Is the coo stamp under the armpit?

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 7:22 pm

Quote :
That's the first one I've seen

Me too, I bought this from a little shop in my town, most of his stuff comes from British stock an childhood collection, so it's a good resource shop really. He used to have a boxed Tri-Logo Rancor, which I'd known then I could have checked that one.

Quote :
Is the coo stamp under the armpit?

Yes it is, unfortunately the arm movement over the years has damaged part of the stamp, I assume given the design, this is a common accurance.

Next time I'm in the shop I'll check some of his other stuff. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 8:33 pm

Had a look round for GM (General Mills) UK Ltd production stuff,

A Rancor monster with same coo just sold on the Bay recently - won't post the link yet.

and another with same coo sold last year here:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/star-wars-return-jedi-rancor-monster-314571185

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 6:28 am

Great find there mate never seen that before Shocked
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 6:08 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Had a look round for GM (General Mills) UK Ltd production stuff,

A Rancor monster with same coo just sold on the Bay recently - won't post the link yet.

Did it sell for much?

Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 2:26 am

Fancy that, I checked my rancor and.....

Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? 2G8cbAV

Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 6:45 am

Congrats Stefan Cool
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 6:57 am

Dark Sith Lord wrote:
Congrats Stefan Cool

Early days yet, i'm guessing a lot of UK collectors will now check their Rancors and find the same COO.

Mine was from an English childhood collelction btw.

Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 9:50 am

Quote :
Early days yet, i'm guessing a lot of UK collectors will now check their Rancors and find the same COO.

Your probably right there chief, Palitoy must have produced Rancor Monsters.

Is there any other items though? Get checking, vehicle collectors! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 9:56 am

If I own a full set of vintage vehicles and mini-rigs, if i get chance i may look tonight.

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 10:09 am

Congrats on finding one too Stefan. The one on Bay was listed at £30, loose, listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.

Production ended in 1984 for GM UK Ltd: http://www.museumofchildhood.org.uk/collections/archives/the-palitoy-archive/ Be great if someone has a boxed version with this coo - I'm guessing one might turn up inside one of the 'Made In England' printed Trilogo boxes.

And be cool too if this coo can found on any other SW items!

Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 10:29 am

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Congrats on finding one too Stefan. The one on Bay was listed at £30, loose, listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.

So i'm guessing they got a good offer ??

I may list mine Very Happy

Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 12:25 pm

Quote :
Production ended in 1984 for GM UK Ltd: http://www.museumofchildhood.org.uk/collections/archives/the-palitoy-archive/ Be great if someone has a boxed version with this coo - I'm guessing one might turn up inside one of the 'Made In England' printed Trilogo boxes.

Like I said earlier, the place where I got it had a Tri-Logo boxed Rancor in about the same time, not sure if it was a Palitoy produced, but I'm kicking my self now for not checking! :I am stupid:

I'll go see him Saturday, and trowl through his stuff, sure ne's got a boxed Wampa and Tauntaun, both Palitoy, he's also got an AT-ST in a Palitoy produced half German wierd box which I wanted to photograph anyway to ask you guys about.

I'll keep you posted.

Quote :
So i'm guessing they got a good offer ??

Mmmm, I found the page, saw 30quid and then just assumed it sold for that, didn't realise that it got pulled.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 12:28 pm

Found another one the B-Wing Fighter.....

Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? WoiHlOM

Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? WgKU3kM

So far I've also checked these, and they aren't GM UK....

landspeeder (both types)
ewok battle wagon
x-wing (both versions)
tie fighters (all three types)
rebel transporter
tatoonine skiff
ewok village
a-wing
millenium falcon
slave 1
y-wing

Last edited by walkie on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 12:32 pm

Quote :
Found another one the B-Wing Fighter.....

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Nice work Chief!
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 12:41 pm

yep found one on my B wing too, but no UK coo on any of my other vehicles or play sets.

Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? B-Wing_zpsb663f2bf

Last edited by chris.75 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 12:45 pm

Nice, so now we have a Rancor Monster and a B-Wing Smile

Walkie and Chris, are both your B-Wing's loose or boxed? If boxed what boxes are they and what coo do they have printed on the box?

Far as I know the B-Wing was released as Kenner ROTJ and Trilogo.

Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 12:51 pm

All my stuff is loose, maybe worth asking over on SWFUK??

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 1:24 pm

Go for it, be great to get more info. I already PMd Emiel (Capetown) about the Rancor Monster and gave the link to this thread.

Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 1:33 pm

yeah all my stuff is loose too. I have a Vader tie fighter Palitoy box that has "Manufatctured by Palitoy, Division of General Mills U.K Ltd, Coalville, Leicester LE62DE". But its not a MISB so the tie fighter i bought with it is probably not the original one. It has the normal kenner Ohio coo. I have a couple of palitoy playset boxes but they both say " assembled in the UK from components made in the U.S.A" The playsets themselves all have the kenner Ohio coo.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 2:27 pm

The various bits and bobs of vehicle parts I've picked up all tend to bear similar Cinncinati Ohio stamps. So the vast majority probably went unchanged from the original Kenner marks.
Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? Coo10
(from a few ESB accessory sets - the only pics I had handy)

Palitoy was definately producing large vehicles though, it would have been costly to import them. My bosses is from Leicester and his dad used to work for a plastic injection molding company and they must have been used by Palitoy, as they were injection molding Star Wars vehicle parts.

I've got the name of the company somewhere, googled it a couple of years back, but didn't find much. I'll see if I can find it.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 2:46 pm

Something else that may be of interest, I recently aquired a bi-logo boxed Slave 1 for crealkilla.

The box had "MADE IN ENGLAND" on it covered with a "FABRIQUE EN FRANCE" sticker over the top.

Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 3:44 pm

I'll take some pics on Saturday, that AT-ST box I mentioned has all the Made in England Palitoy stuff, but the ROTJ logo is in English on one side and French on the other, but most of the other writing on it is in German? very odd! It's an absolute gem aswell, it's been opened, but the actual box is absolutely flawless! like it just rolled out the factory. I'm not sure what he wants for it, but I'll see if he want's me list list it for him in the classifieds (he's not on any of the boards)

It probably wont turn up anything, but for anyone who's interested, the plastic company my gaffa's old man worked for was called 'AUBIT PLASTICS' it later became "HINCKLEY MOULDINGS' and they must have been contracted by Palitoy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?   Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rancor with U.K. stamp - Any other U.K. stamped items?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next