The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A decent price on Brians toys for once?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

A decent price on Brians toys for once? Empty
PostSubject: A decent price on Brians toys for once?   A decent price on Brians toys for once? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 5:25 am

http://www.brianstoys.com/store/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=SVABEARLYBIRDKITWITHFIGURES*MIBC8.5

Its of course out of stock and I have no idea how many months or years ago it was posted on the site but
for that price even I would have bought it!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: A decent price on Brians toys for once?   A decent price on Brians toys for once? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 5:26 am

If it is a DT Luke as well (according to the description) its in a rarer baggie for starters! !
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: A decent price on Brians toys for once?   A decent price on Brians toys for once? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 5:37 am

All the decent prices on Brians Toys are out of stock i have been checking the site for years.

I guess its part of their bait and switch policy highlighted in the RS thread
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: A decent price on Brians toys for once?   A decent price on Brians toys for once? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 5:43 am

I must admit you might be right there, I have seen that thread and posted as I think a few of the things that happen
are probably not "tactics" more just shit staff doing idiotic things but I had always wondered why they never removed old
stock from their site...

That was one of the only places I ever found a good priced Klaatu skiff baggie (they don't come up a lot) and of course
it was out of stock.. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: A decent price on Brians toys for once?   A decent price on Brians toys for once? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 5:47 am

Joe_O wrote:
I must admit you might be right there, I have seen that thread and posted as I think a few of the things that happen
are probably not "tactics" more just shit staff doing idiotic things but I had always wondered why they never removed old
stock from their site...

That was one of the only places I ever found a good priced Klaatu skiff baggie (they don't come up a lot) and of course
it was out of stock.. Rolling Eyes

You wont believe the amount of decently priced items i have seen on Brians Toys that once i check turn out to be out of stock yet i have never seen the same types of prices on the in stock items.

They also dont list anywhere near the amount of stock that they actually hold as when you inquire about an out of stock item they seem to have various lower condition versions / other items not listed to try and offer you.

Just my experience

Jay
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: A decent price on Brians toys for once?   A decent price on Brians toys for once? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 5:55 am

I reckon after he got big as a toy dealer and he got a team of people in to help him create the site + work for him things probably went tits up, they are either idiots or using strategies which I would hope Brian is not behind or aware of, however he should be informed if this is something that he doesn't know about...

He has always been touted as a nice guy with a stand up reputation and we can't deny he is a big name but things like this
don't put his company in a good light, if of course it is all a big strategy and he is behind it all then the guy is a douche Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: A decent price on Brians toys for once?   A decent price on Brians toys for once? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 12:08 pm

I've dealt with them twice and the service is decent. The only grip I have with them is that they need to learn what weapons are repros and whats not. The last time I bought from them, I got 12 weapons to finish out some figures and half were repros. After that, I started dealing with The Earth and a couple of well known dealers on Ebay who don't deal with them. Other than that, they shipped the items out fast and well packed.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: A decent price on Brians toys for once?   A decent price on Brians toys for once? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:28 pm

I've never dealt with Brians toys, i used to check them out but everything was either out of stock or very overpriced.

I tend to use the Earth, really easy to deal with and good prices.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: A decent price on Brians toys for once?   A decent price on Brians toys for once? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:31 pm

I bought from theearth twice , the third time I lost an item I really wanted by a few minutes, I actually had it in my basket ready to pay yet it still got sold to another buyer.

I emailed a few times since then and never got a reply, I think I emailed Myke and Kathy 2-3 times each and not one reply Sad
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: A decent price on Brians toys for once?   A decent price on Brians toys for once? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:37 pm

Thats unusual that they didn't get back to you, Joe. When I sold or bought from them, they responded fast. But I know their buying prices suck. I sold a huge collection of loose SW and Battlestar Galactica figures to them and didn't get no where near what they should've went for. 95% complete on top of it. I would've made out better on Ebay.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: A decent price on Brians toys for once?   A decent price on Brians toys for once? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:42 pm

I remember you telling me at the time just how many you had sold to them, damn...
Sad
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: A decent price on Brians toys for once?   A decent price on Brians toys for once? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:54 pm

Yhea it was like 300-400 figures total for $175.00. Now after seeing Wollfs collection, I wish I didn't. Theres no telling what variations I had I never knew about.
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: A decent price on Brians toys for once?   A decent price on Brians toys for once? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 2:22 pm

I've bought a few items here and there from Brian's Toys and haven't had any problems with them.

Some things are priced about right and other things are of course really high. I personally think the low out of stock prices reflect what items used to be when they had them at the start of their web store and the just don't take the time to delete them from their website. I know I would have loved a $350 Skiff Coin. When I'm searching on their site I just hit the display in stock items only link, so I don't even see the out of stock items.

I personally would be interested to know if Brian has a collection of any kind. I know he has been a dealer since the early 90's and to still be in business, he must be doing something right.

One thing that I have noticed is to keep an eye on their ebay auctions. Sometimes they list things for the wrong price. I once saw a AFA90 Droids Boba Fett coin get listed for $60. I should have hit the buy it now, but thought they would say oh it was a mistake and not sell it. I kept in eye on it after someone did buy it now and sure enough positive feedback was left by the buyer. They also have a AFA60 Early Bird envelope that they normally list for $999 and I saw it listed for about an hour or two for $600 before they fixed the price.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A decent price on Brians toys for once?   A decent price on Brians toys for once? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A decent price on Brians toys for once?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1