The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Does everything have a price or just some stuff?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Does everything have a price or just some stuff? Empty
PostSubject: Does everything have a price or just some stuff?   Does everything have a price or just some stuff? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 9:40 am

So out of nowhere I get an Email from a collector who watched my youtube collection video. He really wanted one of my Italian 4 Packs. After trading some Emails I said sure , we agreed on a price, and I actually packed it and shipped it.

As I stare as the blank area where I once I had a nice 4 Pack, I thought about the ease of selling it. I've said before I'd sell stuff but never had something like this come up. So now, in practice, I've done what I said I'd do in theory.

Anyone have something like this happen? Shift something out of nowhere that you thought you'd have forever?
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Does everything have a price or just some stuff?   Does everything have a price or just some stuff? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 12:15 pm

I haven't moved anything that way in awhile. But I have before and will again soonly I think. I always thought for years that I would have a hard time parting with anything in my collection. But I've discovered that I'm not as attached as I thought I was to stuff. I think it's the thought that "there are more out there" that makes it not so tough to do.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Does everything have a price or just some stuff?   Does everything have a price or just some stuff? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 1:27 pm

Interesting topic, John!

I haven't had such experience yet, but I can imagine it very well.

After all, the thrill of the hunt is bigger than the reward when you can finally add something to your collection and from then on it is just standing on a shelf. At least for me.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
bootyhunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
bootyhunter

PostSubject: Re: Does everything have a price or just some stuff?   Does everything have a price or just some stuff? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 1:28 pm

For me it just depends if I need the money or not at the time.
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: Does everything have a price or just some stuff?   Does everything have a price or just some stuff? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 1:55 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Very Happy

I hope you maked a great profit on the italian 4-pack,i cant understand why you let that piece go Shocked
It will make a big hole in your amazing "around the world" collection.

Well i must admit that im a buyer and not a seller,never selling anything that i dont have at least two of Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Does everything have a price or just some stuff?   Does everything have a price or just some stuff? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 5:09 pm

I tend to hang on to my stuff unless something important comes up that out weights my personal value of the items. Now I don't have any super rare stuff like many here do but still some stuff have stung having to get rid off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Does everything have a price or just some stuff?   Does everything have a price or just some stuff? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 9:39 pm

If the price is right, Id sell my left arm. Its only material stuff, everything has a price.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Does everything have a price or just some stuff?   Does everything have a price or just some stuff? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 9:45 pm

Nope, never done it. Although i've never really been in the situation. I've had some vague questions asked about the possibility of selling something the guy asking knows i own, but it's never got to a bartering stage. I spose if enough money is involved i'd sell....maybe.
Back to top Go down
Eric Taylor
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Eric Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Does everything have a price or just some stuff?   Does everything have a price or just some stuff? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 2:15 am

Last time I really had anything that would fall into that category , I found a bunch of store displays 12 collect all 21 bells , a toy galaxy small bell and the get a free boba fett bell ( I can look at it any time I want on the archive though )

at the time , the offer I got on the Boba Fett Bell , I felt was more than fair . I wasn't planning on selling it off , but outside of the money I was offered , it went to a good home where it still is . So that was part of the reason I was willing to let it go .

Most of my other stuff is standard US Kenner production items so , nothing that someone couldn't find easily enough . I think the only things that I would have a hard time letting go would be either figures I have got as gifts or had since I was a kid .

Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Does everything have a price or just some stuff?   Does everything have a price or just some stuff? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 2:25 am

Eric Taylor wrote:
I think the only things that I would have a hard time letting go would be either figures I have got as gifts or had since I was a kid .

Yep, I don't think I could ever sell my childhood collection or DT Luke.
My NZ TT Deathstar I've promised never to sell (other than to Uli)
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Does everything have a price or just some stuff?   Does everything have a price or just some stuff? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 8:43 am

I swore I would never sell any of my bootlegs. But then my interest in particular lines waned and I sold off what I didn't want. Sold a few rare items that would be tough to get back back but sometimes needs outweigh wants. And I only sold them to friends, not strangers. So that makes it easier.
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: Does everything have a price or just some stuff?   Does everything have a price or just some stuff? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 9:04 am

I experienced this once, also got contacted by some one intrested in something he know i had, we agreed on a price wich was
for both fair. When the item was gone i left an empty space for a while like something was missing there....

But on the other hand, i am still happy with our deal and i know the item went to a good home.

Dr Dengar wrote:

After all, the thrill of the hunt is bigger than the reward when you can finally add something to your collection and from then on it is just standing on a shelf. At least for me.

That's true, the thrill is in the hunt of finding and purchasing something. Then it's just gets added to the rest and you have it locked up in a display....

Chris_J wrote:
If the price is right, Id sell my left arm. Its only material stuff, everything has a price.

That's also true, and that's why i sold my item in the first place, got a good offer and accepted it.
I think if it the price is right i would sell any item from my collection....

The difference is i haven't got anything really for sale from my collection that i don't want to sell and i only experienced once that someone actually contacted me about something that was not for sale and the item actually got sold...

But i can imagine that others can experience this more. Referring to you John, you have many great (and rarer) items in your collection and you'll limelight almost everything, so people know you have it and contact you about it...

The can be positive or negative depending on what your personal view is on this...

Back to top Go down
Loop
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Loop

PostSubject: Re: Does everything have a price or just some stuff?   Does everything have a price or just some stuff? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 9:12 am

I have done this many times. Sold off some near mint ESB MOCs a couple of years ago for example. I thought I would hang on to those forever. I don't regret it because they went to people who appreciate them.
Right now, I can only think of one piece I regret selling and it's not so much because I sold it, it's more because it went to a person who turned out to be a complete idiot. I don't think he realises what a great piece he's got.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does everything have a price or just some stuff?   Does everything have a price or just some stuff? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does everything have a price or just some stuff?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1