The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

new model trem vader variation discovery ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wattosjunkpile
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
wattosjunkpile

new model trem vader variation discovery ? Empty
PostSubject: new model trem vader variation discovery ?   new model trem vader variation discovery ? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 11:55 pm

I received a mint condition Vader today, but when I picked him up from his box ,low and behold
His is full resin with head and torso together in same
Molding.I am very excited with this new discovery!

new model trem vader variation discovery ? Dvmt00

new model trem vader variation discovery ? Dvmt01

new model trem vader variation discovery ? Dvmt02
Back to top Go down
MartijnEmmelot
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MartijnEmmelot

PostSubject: Re: new model trem vader variation discovery ?   new model trem vader variation discovery ? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 4:34 am

Pics buddy!
Smile

~Martijn
Back to top Go down
http://www.starswar.eu
wattosjunkpile
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
wattosjunkpile

PostSubject: vader resin   new model trem vader variation discovery ? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 10:37 am

Pictures have been sent! Maybe you can post them on this thread as I am having a hard time.
Hope you enjoy
Back to top Go down
MartijnEmmelot
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MartijnEmmelot

PostSubject: Re: new model trem vader variation discovery ?   new model trem vader variation discovery ? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 11:13 am

Got 'em! Will post those in a moment, no probs.

~Martijn

new model trem vader variation discovery ? Dvmt00
new model trem vader variation discovery ? Dvmt01
new model trem vader variation discovery ? Dvmt02

Last edited by MartijnEmmelot on Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: new model trem vader variation discovery ?   new model trem vader variation discovery ? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 11:29 am

Patsy if you're having an issue, PM them to me and i'll put them up in your thread (so you can get the glory LOL)
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
MartijnEmmelot
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MartijnEmmelot

PostSubject: Re: new model trem vader variation discovery ?   new model trem vader variation discovery ? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 12:14 pm

John, you can move those to Patsy's glory post Smile

~Martijn
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: new model trem vader variation discovery ?   new model trem vader variation discovery ? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 8:35 pm

Congrats on your find patsy. Is this vader previously unknown to all MT collectors?
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: new model trem vader variation discovery ?   new model trem vader variation discovery ? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 8:39 pm

My trem knowledge is virtually nil, but I certainly haven't heard of a resin Vader. Great find & condition. Smile
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: new model trem vader variation discovery ?   new model trem vader variation discovery ? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 12:29 am

Wow, that's a cool find! Could it be a bootleg of a bootleg?
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
MartijnEmmelot
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MartijnEmmelot

PostSubject: Re: new model trem vader variation discovery ?   new model trem vader variation discovery ? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 4:09 am

aussiejames wrote:
My trem knowledge is virtually nil, but I certainly haven't heard of a resin Vader. Great find & condition. Smile

Actually this goes for everyone, there is no Trem knowledge apart from the small piece of history told by Joe on theSWCA and the story on Loucouporbonecos.
Nothing is known about how they where produced and what logic is used putting these together.
Just some conclusions (or better speculations) that can be drawn by looking at LOTS of them.

To give an example, the MINORITY of the figures are made completely out of lead. Most of them are resin made, at least the torso's are. The limbs and heads are metal.
In some cases the legs are made of resin too and so once and a while the arms are too. No pattern in this as far as I have seen, pure random.
Did notice the figures made completely out of resin are mostly found among the 2nd series (thus the later figures) Also the MOTU figures are big chunks of resin too.
There is an early batch of SW figures which is made of 100% metal/lead.

Been working on my collection for a while now and starting to document all useless facts about MT Smile Hope to have the time soon to present everyting (to whoever cares) in some kind of website/blog/wordpress/ebook whatever Razz

~Martijn
Back to top Go down
rubberlike
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
rubberlike

PostSubject: Re: new model trem vader variation discovery ?   new model trem vader variation discovery ? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 7:44 am

MartijnEmmelot wrote:

... the MINORITY of the figures are made completely out of lead. Most of them are resin made, at least the torso's are. The limbs and heads are metal.
In some cases the legs are made of resin too and so once and a while the arms are too. No pattern in this as far as I have seen, pure random.
Did notice the figures made completely out of resin are mostly found among the 2nd series (thus the later figures) Also the MOTU figures are big chunks of resin too.
There is an early batch of SW figures which is made of 100% metal/lead.

~Martijn

Interesting that you say this. I think I have a couple 1st gen mixed (luke jeid and leia boushh) but the majority of my 1st gen are 100% lead, a couple mixed and then my Gam and Emperor are 100% resin. A much higher percentage of my 2nd gens are mixed.
Back to top Go down
http://wencl.org
MartijnEmmelot
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MartijnEmmelot

PostSubject: Re: new model trem vader variation discovery ?   new model trem vader variation discovery ? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 10:01 am

It's interesting indeed Smile I just checked ALL the SW figures from my basic set and all of them have resin torso's.
They appear to be made of lead due to the weight of the lead arms/legs/heads but in fact it's resin.
A few figures have resin legs and a few resin heads (mainly the ones who are molded to the torso like Chewie, Wicket etc) All have lead/metal arms.
The full resin versions are GG and Emperor. Bib and Klaatu are light weight too because they only have arms made of lead.

I have tested them all by touching each part with my lips Shocked ...this sounds more erotic than it really is Razz
The metal parts feel cold and the resin parts don't. It's a fact you can sense temperature differences better with your mouth than with your hands. (wouldn't reccommend licking at your lead parts though...goes for knibbeling and inserting too Embarassed )

Regarding Patsy's Vaders, here are mine.
The one on the left has the same "molded head to torso" as Patsy's one, head/torso are resin, arms and legs aren't.
The middle one is a special 100% lead version. And lastly 3rd is resin torso/legs, lead head/arms.

new model trem vader variation discovery ? IMG_8591-s

~Martijn
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: new model trem vader variation discovery ?   new model trem vader variation discovery ? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 4:36 am

MartijnEmmelot wrote:
They appear to be made of lead due to the weight of the lead arms/legs/heads but in fact it's resin.
Wow, I never realized this! Like you said, the lead limbs add so much weight that I just assumed that the torso was lead as well.

Thanks so much for that pic, it's fascinating to see the differences side by side. Cool
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: new model trem vader variation discovery ?   new model trem vader variation discovery ? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 5:23 am

MartijnEmmelot wrote:

I have tested them all by touching each part with my lips
~Martijn
quoted cos that made me laugh ( lots ) lol!
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: new model trem vader variation discovery ?   new model trem vader variation discovery ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 6:56 am

I'll take a dig thru mine after I sleep (it's 7am here and haven't slept yet),but I do know that most of the early found ones (with lots of playwear) were all metal/lead, as was obvious by the metal showing thru the worn paint. I too know of a few mixed ones in my collection, a metal torso/arms,but resin legged Tusken, and a metal torso/resin limbed Han Hoth stand out in that capacity.
Once a full database of MTs is put together the anomalies will likely outweigh any consistencies that we'd previously believed.

Cheers
J
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: new model trem vader variation discovery ?   new model trem vader variation discovery ? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 1:15 pm

Joseph_Y wrote:
I'll take a dig thru mine after I sleep

Hey Rip Van Winkle, you wake up yet?? lol!
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: new model trem vader variation discovery ?   new model trem vader variation discovery ? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 1:46 pm

I'm awake..... Just need to play catch up on a bunch of things..... Also.... I got the strangest thing in the mail today. Surprised I'll limelight it tonight when I get home from work and can take a pic of it (still haven't joined the modern age and gotten a smartphone...lol)

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
MartijnEmmelot
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MartijnEmmelot

PostSubject: Re: new model trem vader variation discovery ?   new model trem vader variation discovery ? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 2:10 pm

Just something regarding the resin torso's. There is an auction on eBay now showing clearly a broken resin torso. (arms and legs are metal)

new model trem vader variation discovery ? RAAAAL6N_EG4TSviVRH2jlCw82vvzCBbsgNSF-qLqQlRzMx5_gwGa8C4jeGLnv7TY4GBGqs4zyYy_2ninKKCtwRS7mGdpKaUPfEemjnYZFayWaYSAJtU9VB7Nzk2sGf7jNdcfyPPFXW30bhuaQ

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-MODEL-TREM-Soldado-Rebelde-AVENTURA-NA-GALAXIA-Brazil-/170987342869?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item27cfa3cc15

(it's not really an interesting item, because it is broken and therefore not very valuable and quite a common 2nd series figure so that's why I'm "outing" it, if anybody feels otherwise please LMK and I'll kill the link)

Also from Patsy's sales on RS:

"Bespin guard (slice in torso) 200 NOW 180" and "Ig 88 (loose limbs,cracks near leg joints )225 NOW 205"
IIRC lead doen't crack or break.

Will test the remaining of my figures tomorrow and post a breakdown of used materials.

~Martijn
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: new model trem vader variation discovery ?   new model trem vader variation discovery ? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 6:31 pm

I only own 2 Trems so this is all very interesting! I do have a vader, I'll have to check it out now.

What on earth could you have received Joe? Is it a rare item from your list of Holy Grails?!
Back to top Go down
Tim_Z
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: new model trem vader variation discovery ?   new model trem vader variation discovery ? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 5:29 pm

MartijnEmmelot wrote:

To give an example, the MINORITY of the figures are made completely out of lead. ~Martijn

Are you sure Martijn ?

Yes Gam Guard, Emperor etc are full resin. And I believe Joe's (1 legged ?) Tusken he refers to is one I sold him that had a metal / resin mix (limbs resin)

Generally though, I think comfortably the majority of figures are all metal. I'll revisit mine to be sure.

Looking forward to your write up when you have the time.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Z
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: new model trem vader variation discovery ?   new model trem vader variation discovery ? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 5:30 pm

Joseph_Y wrote:
I'm awake..... Just need to play catch up on a bunch of things..... Also.... I got the strangest thing in the mail today. Surprised I'll limelight it tonight when I get home from work and can take a pic of it (still haven't joined the modern age and gotten a smartphone...lol)

Cheers
Joe

Anything to do with THAT post on the other forum ?
Back to top Go down
MartijnEmmelot
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MartijnEmmelot

PostSubject: Re: new model trem vader variation discovery ?   new model trem vader variation discovery ? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 6:08 pm

Hey Tim,

Welcome to this forum Smile

Yeah I was pretty sure and now I know for certain. Smile
I dare to say "Most Model Trem figures are NOT made of 100% lead or any other metal"

It's kind of shocking to me too but it is the truth.
I spent a lot of time the last few days organising my MT figures and paring them with the right boxes and weapons.

From the 125 figures I count in my collection (including the 2nd series and excluding the MOTU) I found:

3 figures made 100% out of non-metal (resin) : Gammorean Guard (3x), Emperor and Ree-Yees
3 SW figures with resin legs (and torso) but with metal arms (and some metal heads Wink ) : Bib (3x), Han Hoth (1x), Darth Vader (1x) and 5 figures from the 2nd series (7 if you also count the two robots on wheels)

11 figures made out of 100% lead: Princess Leia and Stormtrooper plus the "early" Han Hoth, RC, Snowtrooper, IG-88, Tie-Pilot, Lando, CCP, Darth Vader and Chewie.

All the other figures (so the remaining 97) have a resin torso with metal limbs (where some have resin heads too)

I know if any of you would test 'em like I did, you'd have the same results.
Don't feel with your hands but use your mouth or cheek, serious... with your hands you cannot feel the difference in temperature.
Also look for damage, lead does not crack or chip, resin does. If you have chipped paint you can see either metal color or brownish beneath.

~Martijn

Back to top Go down
wattosjunkpile
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
wattosjunkpile

PostSubject: trems   new model trem vader variation discovery ? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 9:37 pm

Hey Martijn WOW 125 trems , nice I will check this weekend
And yes I will kiss my trems to see lol.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: new model trem vader variation discovery ?   new model trem vader variation discovery ? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 9:58 pm

I never thought I'd say this. ..

"All grown men, please stop kissing your toys"

A public service announcement from TIG
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: new model trem vader variation discovery ?   new model trem vader variation discovery ? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 11:54 pm

Ah, c'mon, it's just a little lead, it can't hurt too much. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new model trem vader variation discovery ?   new model trem vader variation discovery ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new model trem vader variation discovery ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next