The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

HELP NEEDED....item damaged, lifted bubble during shipping?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

HELP NEEDED....item damaged, lifted bubble during shipping? Empty
PostSubject: HELP NEEDED....item damaged, lifted bubble during shipping?   HELP NEEDED....item damaged, lifted bubble during shipping? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 1:31 pm

I've recently started selling my star wars items privately on SWFUK/RS & TIG using the paypal 'gift' idea which seems popular. In the past all my buying and selling has been through eBAY.

Over the last month I have sold 45+ MOC carded figures and shipped worldwide, my feedback threads on here and TIG praise my packaging skills and speedy service, anyone who has purchased an item from me will know.

However I sold a TRI-LOGO BARADA on RS to a german buyer, guess what germany doesn't allow paypal 'gift' payments!

I have now been noticed by the buyer that the item is damaged and the bubble has lifted down one edge and the buyer is able to slide a piece of paper between the bubble and card.

They have said the item is no longer of value to them. I have heard of bubbles coming loose during shipping, is this true?

Either way i think i'm f**ked, help and comments please....

The parcel was sent without insurance as the buyer do not pay or request this.

Photo before shipping....

HELP NEEDED....item damaged, lifted bubble during shipping? GdFOV
HELP NEEDED....item damaged, lifted bubble during shipping? 4SUbu

Photos after shipping....

HELP NEEDED....item damaged, lifted bubble during shipping? RDt5C
HELP NEEDED....item damaged, lifted bubble during shipping? On4lU
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED....item damaged, lifted bubble during shipping?   HELP NEEDED....item damaged, lifted bubble during shipping? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 7:54 pm

Tri bubbles are notoriously weak ( for cracking/crushing ) bubbles certainly can come loose in transit. The buyer has the 'right' to send it back to you ( fully tracked & insured ,at their cost) for a refund. Perhaps a partial refund to the value of the fully tracked & insured postage return can be agreed upon.
I have learnt recently it is important to discuss in depth all postage & insurance options ( on more expensive items )

What would you have done if you were the buyer? Would you have specifically asked for insurance? ( in the past I would not have )
If you ( or I) then received it in the above condition what would you expect? Insured & tracked postage out of Australia is expensive so I'd prefer a partial refund.
If it's returned to you your resale value is ??? 50-70%. So if you can agree on a partial refund of say 25% ? Both parties are as happy as possible. ( still sucks )
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED....item damaged, lifted bubble during shipping?   HELP NEEDED....item damaged, lifted bubble during shipping? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 11:33 pm

I'm with AJ I did have one fig sent that was sealed but when I got it it seperated from the backing I contated the seller I was still happy with the purchase I didn't pay alot and he did give me a partial refund so I was happy. But every situation is different I would offer arefund if that is what he wants.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED....item damaged, lifted bubble during shipping?   HELP NEEDED....item damaged, lifted bubble during shipping? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELP NEEDED....item damaged, lifted bubble during shipping?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1