The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mark_Yeo
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs Empty
PostSubject: Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs   Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 9:06 am

Hi All

This was my last purchase for 2012 and it is a big score in IMHO. bounce Limelighted it on RS and thought I do it here too.

Here it is - the Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with all 36 MISP Takara baggie Wind-Up R2-D2s. It is really really nice ... you got to see it in person.

Here are the pics:-

Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs Th_TakaraWindUpR2-D2DisplaySetMIB-fullfrontview-1 Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs Th_TakaraWindUpR2-D2DisplaySetMIB-Box-fullfrontview Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs Th_TakaraWindUpR2-D2DisplaySetMIB-Box-fullisoviewfrontandbottom Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs Th_TakaraWindUpR2-D2DisplaySetMIB-Box-fullbottomview Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs Th_TakaraWindUpR2-D2DisplaySetMIB-Box-fullisoviewfrontandtop Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs Th_TakaraWindUpR2-D2DisplaySetMIB-Box-fulltopview Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs Th_TakaraWindUpR2-D2DisplaySetMIB-Box-fullisoviewfrontandrightTakara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs Th_TakaraWindUpR2-D2DisplaySetMIB-Box-fullrightview Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs Th_TakaraWindUpR2-D2DisplaySetMIB-Box-fullisoviewfrontandleft Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs Th_TakaraWindUpR2-D2DisplaySetMIB-Box-fullleftview Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs Th_TakaraWindUpR2-D2DisplaySetMIB-Box-fullbackview Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs Th_TakaraWindUpR2-D2DisplaySetMIB-Box-fullboxflapview Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs Th_TakaraWindUpR2-D2DisplaySetMIB-Box-fullboxflapundersideview Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs Th_TakaraWindUpR2-D2DisplaySetMIB-Box-fulldisplayflapview Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs Th_TakaraWindUpR2-D2DisplaySetMIB-fullbackview Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs Th_TakaraWindUpR2-D2DisplaySetMIB-Figures-fullfrontview Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs Th_TakaraWindUpR2-D2DisplaySetMIB-Figures-topviewof36sealedbaggiefigures Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs Th_TakaraWindUpR2-D2DisplaySetMIB-Figures-toprightquarterview Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs Th_TakaraWindUpR2-D2DisplaySetMIB-Figures-topleftquarterview Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs Th_TakaraWindUpR2-D2DisplaySetMIB-Figures-bottomrightquarterview Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs Th_TakaraWindUpR2-D2DisplaySetMIB-Figures-bottomleftquarterview

Last gem of 2012 cheers

Cheers, Mark
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs   Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 9:19 am

If you ever fancy making it 35 baggie's let me know? Wink

Last edited by walkie on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
crealkilla
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
crealkilla

PostSubject: Re: Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs   Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 9:31 am

That's just too awesome...nice score Mark :clap:
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs   Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:08 am

That's just astonishing Shocked
If you get a chance can you tell me which 'version' they are :
Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs R2_d2_10
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs   Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:18 am

Congratulations Mark it's stunning!
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs   Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 1:07 pm

Holy crap!!!!!!! :Drool:
Nice score. :clap:
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs   Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 3:14 pm

I was following the auction with interest, just curious how high it would go.

I think you did well, landing this amazingly little treasure.

Congrats, my friend! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs   Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 3:37 pm

What a score bow cheers BIG congrats Mark!
Back to top Go down
colpar
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs   Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 2:24 am

aussiejames wrote:
That's just astonishing Shocked
If you get a chance can you tell me which 'version' they are :
Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs R2_d2_10

James, looking at the auction, it seems it is the # 2 version with the TAKARA text on R2 :

Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs 410006-24

Wink
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs   Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 3:39 pm

Mark

I really don't know what to say! WOWWOWOWOWOWOWOWW!!

I'm glad to see they're staying together, that's a really great thing
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs   Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 9:18 pm

Does anyone know which version came on the Canadian cards???

p.s. After seeing Marks wonderful score. I'm still in awe by the way. Shocked He was the inspiration for my new avatar.

p.s.s. AJ says that it was version 3 on the canadian cards. Thanks Very Happy

Last edited by Commander Clint on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs   Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 9:23 pm

Blimey Mark, that's awesome!!! affraid

I must have missed that if it was an ebay auction. I shudder to think what it went for.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs   Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 10:17 pm

Congrats on winning these. What a great find and glad to see you aren't parting them out.
Back to top Go down
Mark_Yeo
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs   Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 10:44 pm

Thanks guys for the great comments. Glad that you guys like this piece as much as I do. cheers

Rest assured that the whole set will stay intact. As Josh mentioned, it would be a crime to take it apart. Anyway, there are more than sufficient U90 and U85 Takara baggie R2s around to satisfy collectors. I totally understand and appreciate that the set is unique and special only because it is complete. As far as I know, it is the only complete counter top display set around. bounce

I am considering a way to display and preserve this - hopefully when I do come round to it, I will update this thread with a limelight of the display. celebrate

Cheers, Mark
Back to top Go down
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs   Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 3:26 pm

Mark_Yeo wrote:
Thanks guys for the great comments. Glad that you guys like this piece as much as I do. cheers

Rest assured that the whole set will stay intact. As Josh mentioned, it would be a crime to take it apart. Anyway, there are more than sufficient U90 and U85 Takara baggie R2s around to satisfy collectors. I totally understand and appreciate that the set is unique and special only because it is complete. As far as I know, it is the only complete counter top display set around. bounce

I am considering a way to display and preserve this - hopefully when I do come round to it, I will update this thread with a limelight of the display. Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs 903911

Cheers, Mark

Thanks for sharing Mark and looking forward to the update's
great to see and hear you are considering and preservering this great item
Back to top Go down
Michael Ritter
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Michael Ritter

PostSubject: Re: Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs   Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 8:37 pm

As I said on RS Mark, congrats on a great score! It really is a special piece and needs to stay together. As far as being the only complete one remaining I'm not 100% sure on that. A few years ago I was offered a tape sealed complete display for ridiculous money, think almost 4x this cost. I didn't go for it and I have no idea where it went and if it got broken up or not. It is interesting to see that yours has no tape sealing the display.

Congrats again!

Mike
Back to top Go down
Mark_Yeo
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs   Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 9:10 pm

Thanks Mike

Wow, a sealed display set would be something. Surprised Hope that it is still out there ... somewhere ... that would be some piece of history. I am a sucker (as with most of us) for sealed items. I would love to see a sealed piece in person and certainly to own one - but perhaps not at the price you mentioned lol!

Cheers, Mark
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs   Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 8:56 am

Killer find Mark, i never thought id see a whole box of those lol, very nice, i shudder at the thought of how much that set you back, but great score mate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs   Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Takara Wind-Up R2-D2 Store Display Set complete with MISP figs

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1