The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
themdukeboys
New User
New User

Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland Empty
PostSubject: Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland   Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 6:23 pm

Hi everyone,

My brother and I live in The Netherlands and have been collecting vintage SW toys since the late eighties. We also collect Transformers toys and a few other eighties' toylines. SW remains the backbone though.

This is a link to pictures of our collection:
http://s1357.beta.photobucket.com/user/themdukeboys/library/

Recently we acquired a rare Clipper carded figure display rack which can also be seen on the SWCA:
http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=81390

The last few years we've been able to bring a lot more focus to the collection. We sold quite some items, and basically we are now focusing on completing the set of carded figures to include one of each figure (does not have to be the right cardback as long as it's high quality). In addition we pick up vehicles in European or tri logo boxes whenever we can find them in nice condition at a reasonable price. Whenever we can, we try to add Clipper and Palitoy items to the collection as they have a slightly more nostalgic feel to them.

We don't own any graded items, but to each his own of course. The cases we use for our carded figures come from gw acrylic and are great!

Anyway, enjoy the pictures and we intend to update our FS/FT/WTB post in the Classifieds section soon.

PS the rocket firing Fett is a fake (the only repro item in the collection)
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland   Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 7:30 pm

Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland Swcoll4_zps3c710ecc
Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland Swcoll1_zps4a0f8e66
Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland Swcoll8_zps217e0cf6

Shocked & there's more ......
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland   Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 7:31 pm

Some impressive items there and way cool display cabinets. Love that top shelf of Japanese goodies too, see you have the Takara transforming X-Wing and the smaller die cast version too cheers

and this is just great....

Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland Swcoll10
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland   Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 3:13 am

Phantastic collection, guys! Very Happy

The Clipper display rack is great piece. I can not remember I have ever seen it in my childhood.

From SWCA: http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=81390

I haven't studied the details yet, but I am not sure the toys pictured on the cardboard where mentioned on any of the black wraparound Clipper stickers on cardbacks. I know that Admiral Ackbar and Nien Numb were mentioned on these cardbacks, but the cardboard mentions Teebo and Klaatu.

Probably you already know, but your Clipper display is almost an exact copy of the Clipper mini catalogues which were sticked at the back of cards, as featured on Joe's site: http://trilogo.info/carded-figure-guide/import-stickers/

I got my childhood Klaatu skiff and Teebo via these mail aways.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com Online
themdukeboys
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland   Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 4:18 am

"Probably you already know, but your Clipper display is almost an exact copy of the Clipper mini catalogues which were sticked at the back of cards, as featured on Joe's site: http://trilogo.info/carded-figure-guide/import-stickers/"

Cool, I hadn't noticed that there was this link with the Clipper mini catalogues in fact. Makes me wonder whether this display rack was would have been more likely to hold ROTJ cards with the Clipper wraparound sticker or Tri Logo's with the catalogue.... or both.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland   Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 4:36 am

Glad I could help!

Curious, what is your favourite MOC top3?

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5112-your-moc-top-3
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com Online
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland   Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 4:41 am

welcome to TIGn Thats a Impressive Collection there cheers
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland   Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 4:54 am

Very nice :Drool:
Back to top Go down
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland   Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 3:04 pm

Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland Swcoll1_zps4a0f8e66
Back to top Go down
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland   Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 3:11 pm

awesome guys thanks for sharing,
i have seen some han before on trilogo with a mini catolog
han solo Shocked (very cool guys) on a esb card with black wrap , can you tell some more
about it ,is it a general mills germany or kenner ? think kenner but not sure ???
is it a black back or a white back ?
Back to top Go down
themdukeboys
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland   Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 10:08 am

About the ESB Han with Clipper sticker in the picture of the display rack: it is indeed a US Kenner card and it has the wraparound sticker that's predominantly white on the back.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland   Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 5:54 am

+++++++ thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland   Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 2:53 pm

Wow!! That is a sick looking collection! I just love the way it's all displayed. Very nice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.retrorewindtoys.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland   Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vintage MOC/MIB collection by Themdukeboys from Holland

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1