The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Raffle frequency , requests and ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Raffle frequency , requests and ideas  Empty
PostSubject: Raffle frequency , requests and ideas    Raffle frequency , requests and ideas  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 6:30 pm

Hey everybody

With the amazing success we just had I have gotten a few notes about having these with a steady frequency or possibly changing it up so there is a bootleg one, loose fig one, etc. I wanted to see if there's were any feelings about this. personally I think the less we do the more special it is but as a gambler I totally get the idea of having a steady chance of scoring a great item for next to nothing.

Chime in and tell me your thoughts. I am happy to do whatever you guys like. If I need to buy something to just raffle it I will. I really like the charity donation also.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Raffle frequency , requests and ideas    Raffle frequency , requests and ideas  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 7:05 pm

Every other month, or monthly at $10.
Back to top Go down
wattosjunkpile
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
wattosjunkpile

PostSubject: raffle   Raffle frequency , requests and ideas  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 12:22 am

I love the idea, i missed the raffle, how about a raffle once a month
From a different member drawn from a raffle.
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Raffle frequency , requests and ideas    Raffle frequency , requests and ideas  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 5:19 am

+1 for the raffle one a month idea from me too Smile

Last edited by Dark Sith Lord on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Raffle frequency , requests and ideas    Raffle frequency , requests and ideas  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 6:41 am

Personnally I think more interest would be generated if the raffles were less frequent e.g. 4 times per year with a bigger prize (like the Takara Leia). As with this latest one, excess money could continue to go to charity.

I just wander whether if a raffle was held every month for potntially smaller prizes, will people lose interest? I guess the only way to know would be to have a trial run.

I like the idea of different themes e.g. bootleg, loose figs etc. as this may attract a wider selection of members. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Raffle frequency , requests and ideas    Raffle frequency , requests and ideas  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 7:36 am

Agreed, too often and it would lose it's appeal.

How about letting other forum members offer their goods for any up coming auctions? however the mod team would have to value the items?

Last edited by walkie on Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Raffle frequency , requests and ideas    Raffle frequency , requests and ideas  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 2:38 pm

Every three months seems a good frequency for me.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Raffle frequency , requests and ideas    Raffle frequency , requests and ideas  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 3:04 pm

I would rather see less raffles with a high end prize something like 1 or 2 draws a year, than 4/5 raffles a year with a not so good prize.
Would so many have entered if the prize had been a ROTJ MOC Klaatu? I don't think so Laughing
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Raffle frequency , requests and ideas    Raffle frequency , requests and ideas  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 3:38 pm

First off, a ROTJ Klaatu would be an awesome prize!!

A quarterly raffle would be finw.I mean I did one in June and one in December and frankly I thought that might be too close. But if the prizes are good and there is a good cause, what the hey.

As for letting anyone doing it, that's not going to happen without some serious oversight. I'd automatically say that the prize would have to be in my hands first and that I would have to run the raffle (obviously I would not participate). I's also be the judge on it's value. This isn't a way to get more money than an item is worth.

I'll be looking for a March timeframe. If someone has something uber cool and thinks they might want to be part of this, I'm willing to listen!!
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Raffle frequency , requests and ideas    Raffle frequency , requests and ideas  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 2:11 am

DarthBerizing wrote:
First off, a ROTJ Klaatu would be an awesome prize!!

OK I was wrong, I think this Klaatu would get a lot of interest Laughing

Raffle frequency , requests and ideas  Lililedy-klaatu_zpse30426fb
please note pic is not mine was stolen of the interweb
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: Raffle frequency , requests and ideas    Raffle frequency , requests and ideas  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 8:54 pm

Personally, I think a quarterly raffle is a good idea. It can range from proof cards, bootlegs, loose figures etc. Hell, a bunch of us can throw stuff together and make a winner take all pot. Also, can the money for each raffle be donated to a Local or National Charity? Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Raffle frequency , requests and ideas    Raffle frequency , requests and ideas  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 10:16 pm

Jason
Absolutely it can go to a local. I'd say that it would have to pass a litmus test but outside of the Aussiejames retirement fund I can't see any issue at all.

Great feedback everyone, keep it coming
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Raffle frequency , requests and ideas    Raffle frequency , requests and ideas  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 12:30 pm

What about the Tim Loves Star Trek Fund???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raffle frequency , requests and ideas    Raffle frequency , requests and ideas  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raffle frequency , requests and ideas

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1