The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MojoTurbo
New User
New User
MojoTurbo

HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information  Empty
PostSubject: HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information    HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 8:42 am

Ok, so I am so LOST when it comes to COO and Tri-Logo and Ledy... if that can all be the same subject. Believe me, I have read a lot of pages including:

Wolfe's "About COOs" and I have his "Guide" bookmarked.

The guide is confusing because there is no "about this guide" section. Why is each square numbered? argghh....

I'd ask my question on another forum, but am too gun shy of getting blasted by the Imperial Guards. So I turn to you.... help me understand this

So far what is going through my head is tri-logo / pbp cards are either no coo, scar, or smooth scar

BUT Wolfe says
Quote :
Some of these „rules“ are: Ledy is always no COO, China figures appeared only in China baggies, Trilogo has always no COO figures on it, Scarred out figures are always PBP, Taiwan figures only appeared in Europe, etc, etc. These „rules“ are all wrong and in so many cases.

So yea, I need to dialogue this out.

Thanks so much
Back to top Go down
http://vintagestarwarsfigures.wikispaces.com/
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information    HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 8:58 am

The rules are that are no rules.

And

The devil is in the detail. Twisted Evil

That's why collectors invest in guides/discussion threads.

Best thing to do is to follow a Ledy guide, when you want to know about Ledy figures, a PBP/POCH guide when you want to know more about PBP/POCH figures,.....
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information    HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 9:04 am

For starters the COO guide should just be used as a picture reference some of the 'labels' are incomplete/wrong. The squares are numbered to make it easier to refer to a specific figure ie. I have Lando #X with teeth, is a lot easier than Lando with Made in Hong Kong on right leg one line, GMFGI .... on left thigh.... 1 of 1983 is misaligned.... with teeth Smile

Marco has responded already but 99% of your Ledy questions can be answered here: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2135-the-lili-ledy-discussion-thread
more trilogo info: http://trilogo.info/
Back to top Go down
MojoTurbo
New User
New User
MojoTurbo

PostSubject: Re: HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information    HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 9:10 am

Ok but is PBP/POCH a trilogo? Is Palitoy?

Everyone says LEDY is no markings.... but that same rule applies to Trilogo?

Trilogo info only has info about cardbacks - I didn't SEE any info on loose figures.

It's like trying to discover the identity of Jack the Ripper, there are too many sources and nothing real definitive.

Last edited by MojoTurbo on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information    HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 9:18 am

MojoTurbo wrote:

NO & NO

some more reading: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4427-the-poch-pbp-discussion-thread
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information    HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 2:13 pm

Can this be a good spot to ask about this luke figure i found recently?

HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information  Luketri

No meltmarks but the coo and the colours of the hands are the same that poch lukes seems to have Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
MojoTurbo
New User
New User
MojoTurbo

PostSubject: Re: HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information    HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 4:27 pm

I am going blind / cross eyed trying to read these COO's how do you do it?

Magnifying glass?

HI-RES photo?
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information    HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 8:32 am

MojoTurbo wrote:
Ok but is PBP/POCH a trilogo? Is Palitoy?

Trilogo info only has info about cardbacks - I didn't SEE any info on loose figures.

It's like trying to discover the identity of Jack the Ripper, there are too many sources and nothing real definitive.

PBP and POCH are both Spanish. PBP produced figures but POCH didn't. POCH figures were made in Hong Kong and imported. The different variations are either down to dodgy batches from the factories in Hong Kong being shipped abroad or possibly paint applications being added in Spain (not sure on this). PBP is thought to have exported figures that can be found on some Tri Logo and other European cards such as Palitoy. However they are very rare and most figures on Tri Logo's, other European cards such as Palitoy and even PBP cards themselves are standard figures imported from Hong Kong, Taiwan, China, Macau etc.

Best not to use COO as the primary method for identifying a foreign variation or the country a figure originated from. Lili Ledy figures can be No COO, Hong Kong COO, China COO and most of them share the same COO as standard Kenner versions. POCHs all have Hong Kong COO / Made in Hong Kong COO but none of the COO's are unique to POCH and they are all shared with standard Kenner versions. No COO figures do not always originate from Europe and Tri Logo cards. Some can be found on Kenner cards and even some Tri Logo's were sold in the US.

Hope that makes sense and hope I've got it right myself - it's admitedly quite confusing Smile
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information    HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 10:16 am

Just to add a little bit to Oli's complete answer.

It might well be that POCH (or technically spoken PBP, as the merger of three parent companies, i.e. POCH, Borras, and Palouzieon was already completed) produced its own figures for the ealy ESB 31, and 37/31 backs.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
MojoTurbo
New User
New User
MojoTurbo

PostSubject: Re: HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information    HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 10:19 am

ok, but are there any hard and fast rules to I.D.ing a loose trio-logo? I buy my figs off ebay all of the time, should I be checking the COO's as I get them? Are finding these little gems more common than we think, or would it be a cold day in Asgard before a variant just fell into my lap like that?
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information    HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 10:35 am

Dr Dengar wrote:

Just to add a little bit to Oli's complete answer.

It might well be that POCH (or technically spoken PBP, as the merger of three parent companies, i.e. POCH, Borras, and Palouzieon was already completed) produced its own figures for the ealy ESB 31, and 37/31 backs.

Cool, I didnt know that! Deserves a + Smile

MojoTurbo wrote:
ok, but are there any hard and fast rules to I.D.ing a loose trio-logo? I buy my figs off ebay all of the time, should I be checking the COO's as I get them? Are finding these little gems more common than we think, or would it be a cold day in Asgard before a variant just fell into my lap like that?

As I said its best not to rely on COO as the primary method for identifying a variant as its the colour and mould details that make it unique. Moulds are transported from one country to another, COO's are removed, left on, covered up, replaced with another and also wear down. And you have to ask yourself are you really interested in a figure that has a slightly differnt COO but is otherwise identical in appearance?

And I would stay clear of the term "Tri Logo" when discussing loose variants. I'm not aware of any variants that were exclusive to Tri Logo cards that can't be found on other European cards or US Kenner cards. Even the "Tri Logo" Fett isn't exclusive to Tri Logo cards. The figures on tri Logo cards were made in Asia by kenner and PBP in Spain.

Are there any specific variants you are looking to identify?
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information    HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 10:41 am

yeah-sus wrote:
Can this be a good spot to ask about this luke figure i found recently?

HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information  Luketri

No meltmarks but the coo and the colours of the hands are the same that poch lukes seems to have Rolling Eyes

The hands look very yellow and the neck too pink IMO
Back to top Go down
MojoTurbo
New User
New User
MojoTurbo

PostSubject: Re: HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information    HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 10:53 am

Quote :

No, it just feels like ordering a drink at Starbucks

"I'll have a palitoy melted coo from Taiwan please"
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information    HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 11:01 am

MojoTurbo wrote:
Quote :

No, it just feels like ordering a drink at Starbucks

"I'll have a palitoy melted coo from Taiwan please"

lol! Don't worry about the COOs then dude Smile

Remember childhood when you didnt even know what was written on the legs of your figures - those were simpler times.
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information    HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 5:43 am

Correct me if i am Wrong but trilogo figures seems to miss coo and have a scar instead.
I think they often are in a better quality in a harder shiny plastic.
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information    HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 6:01 am

What is a tri logo figure? Lots of figures have No COO including Lili Ledy and Kenner. Lots of figures from Europe have No COO deep Scar or raised scar. As I said best not to use the term "Tri logo" when talking about loose figures. Apart from the "Tri Logo" Fett. That one seems to have stuck no matter how wrong it might be Smile
Back to top Go down
MojoTurbo
New User
New User
MojoTurbo

PostSubject: Re: HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information    HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 8:43 am

ok fair enough....

Is there any help with the guides? Wog's Webshots for instance:

On the Bespin Luke Page his descriptions are:

1,2,3. (China made figure) Most Pal 45C, 65D + Tri 4,5. (A few Pal45C) +65D + Tri (+PBP). 6. 'Made In China' Baggies 7. LL

I know # 7 means Lili Ledy but what is all the rest????
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information    HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 8:59 am

It's Rog not Wog Laughing
His figures he's numbered 1, 2 & 3 he believes were made in China ( not sure about that) are found on Palitoy 45C & 65D cardbacks as well as tri logo, numbers 4 & 5 found on a few 45Cs, 65Ds as well as Trilogo & PBP cards. 6 is found in the baggie that says Made in China.

Hence why calling something Palitoy is incorrect when 5 different figures can be found on Palitoy cards .......
Back to top Go down
MojoTurbo
New User
New User
MojoTurbo

PostSubject: Re: HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information    HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 9:39 am

I think that helps most of all, so it's a combination of things - like the Joker's Smilex Gas

How about the COO Guide

If we look at
Luke Skywalker Xwing Pilot what do the "down arrows" mean?

Does it mean 1, 4, and 7 are all the same? And 2 and 5 are PBP? But then 6 is PBP.... and since only PBP is listed, what are the others?

Does this guide serve a different purpose than Rog?
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information    HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 10:01 am

MojoTurbo wrote:

How about the COO Guide

If we look at
Luke Skywalker Xwing Pilot what do the "down arrows" mean?

Does it mean 1, 4, and 7 are all the same?

The arrows indicate that figures 1, 4 & 7 were cast from the same molds, but the COO's were modified e.g. when travelling from one factory to another. So, #1 has a Hong Kong COO (original stamp). At some point this was neatly drilled out & stamped China producing COO #4 (China raised bar). At a later stage China was removed from the molds resulting in COO #7 (blank raised bar).

The 'PBP' Luke X-wing figures were cast from molds which have had the Hong Kong stamp removed by applying something like solder over the letters. This can be seen as a deep scar on the figure.

I hope this helps Smile
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information    HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 8:11 pm

But also the "PBP" Luke X-Wing with the pink face is not exclusive to PBP hence not relying on COO markings and checking paint applications and mould details first. There are plenty PBP Luke X-Wings wrongly named so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information    HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELP Identifying Tri-Logo / PBP / Ledy etc. COO information

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1