The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Palitoy Reseal focus

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

Palitoy Reseal focus Empty
PostSubject: Palitoy Reseal focus   Palitoy Reseal focus I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 8:52 am

This is a collection of mostly resealed palitoy's that I've put together over the past few years.

I started out collecting a complete set of MOC sealed Kenner 12 backs but found I still felt a little empty once this was completed. I then got hold of 3 resealed Palitoy 12 backs and realised that it was that Palitoy logo from the front of the card that I was missing (as well as not wanting the white price sticker square that's on the kenner ones). From that point on I started to work on getting a 12 back set that matched the ones I had as a child.

After doing very little research I could see that a sealed collection would be out of my reach so I've settled on a resealed collection although I am quite fussy about the condition of them and try to find ones with minimal damage to the bubbles and card fronts and all of them have original capes, weapons and footers. It's been a lot of fun putting them together and I've even made a couple up myself using Palitoy cut cards on the correct cards. I do have original opened versions of these two but as the figures have not been removed from the cut cards I feel happier displaying these. I have realised through all this that I was quite a lucky child with the figures my parents bought me as it was the large head Han that i had and the last figure I was bought from the 12 backs was the vinyl caped Jawa. I just wish I'd kept the cardback to know for sure if it came on a Palitoy one. I know I have no pictures of it before I opened it and also it's long gone from the make shift scrapbook I used to store my cardbacks in so I guess that topic of discussion will have to remain open!

One last point is that as with every collector, once you finish what you set out to do you tend to start looking elsewhere and for this reason I ended up opening my focus to include the Palitoy 20 backs as well. Since taking the pictures below I now have completed my first 20 run and I'll post more pictures of the complete set along with the various other 12 and 20 back's I picked up along the way.

Hope you enjoy and as the Chewbacca on display is a Kenner cut card mounted to a Palitoy card please do let me know if you have a opened one you could let go of, it's the missing piece I've been looking for!

Palitoy Reseal focus Img_3217

Palitoy Reseal focus Img_3211

Palitoy Reseal focus Img_3210

Both Darth and R2 are still sealed.

Palitoy Reseal focus Img_3212

Palitoy Reseal focus Img_3213

Palitoy Reseal focus Img_3214

Palitoy Reseal focus Img_3215

Palitoy Reseal focus Img_3216

Palitoy Reseal focus Img_3219

Both Luke and Leia made from Palitoy cut cards, still sealed!

Palitoy Reseal focus Img_3220

Chewbacca made from a kenner cut card which was split open down one side Sad

Palitoy Reseal focus Img_3218

The boys together!

Hope you enjoyed the collection and sorry that the pictures aren't sharper but I'll try to amend that when I put the complete collection up here next.

Once again do let me know if you can help out with the Chewbacca card.

Ian
Back to top Go down
Aussie_Nick
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Aussie_Nick

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy Reseal focus   Palitoy Reseal focus I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 3:59 am

Great looking set you've put together, congrats.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy Reseal focus   Palitoy Reseal focus I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 4:43 am

Shocked Those display very well. I can't even tell how the cut cards have been made to look 'whole' again. Good luck in the hunt for Chewbacca. Smile
Back to top Go down
robsolo32
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy Reseal focus   Palitoy Reseal focus I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 2:45 pm

WOW!! Very nice set there. I want one. Resealed or original. Smile
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy Reseal focus   Palitoy Reseal focus I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 4:52 pm

aussiejames wrote:
Shocked Those display very well. I can't even tell how the cut cards have been made to look 'whole' again. Good luck in the hunt for Chewbacca. Smile

Thanks for your comment. The cut card remounts were a little tricky as I cut around the entire bubble and then separated half of the card from the back (bit scary but I managed to do it on both with no damage). I then sourced a card back with no damage where the cut card had to fit (that took some time!), and traced around the cut card with my scalpel. Then I separated half the the card from the front of the card back (this is the really tricky bit), and mounted the cut card.

You need a steady hand and some patience but I think it's worth it and as the cut cards were from 12 back Palitoy cards it seems an ok thing to do. i doubt I'll ever get the chance to do this again as the palitoy cut cards don't really come up but I did manage to do the same thing with a 21 back kenner Boba Fett which came out nice.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy Reseal focus   Palitoy Reseal focus I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 4:54 pm

Nice set Ian, thanks for sharing your pics here!!! Very Happy

Assembling a cut card bubble and a card back to a fully resealed MOC, doesn't seem all too easy to me. Well done.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy Reseal focus   Palitoy Reseal focus I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 4:57 pm

robsolo32 wrote:
WOW!! Very nice set there. I want one. Resealed or original. Smile

Thanks for that. It took some time but I think it was a worth while pursuit. I would love to get a sealed set one day but feel I've missed the boat for being able to afford it, I take my hat off to all those who have one!
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy Reseal focus   Palitoy Reseal focus I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 5:01 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:

Nice set Ian, thanks for sharing your pics here!!! Very Happy

Assembling a cut card bubble and a card back to a fully resealed MOC, doesn't seem all too easy to me. Well done.

Thanks for the comment and also all your help for getting them onto the forum. It was quite tricky doing the cut cards but I got there in the end. I'll post some better pictures of them when I get the chance.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy Reseal focus   Palitoy Reseal focus I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 12:06 am

That is a really good looking set. And I really like how they're displayed. Very clean, and the white shelving makes them pop out nicely.

Do you do all the reseals yourself, or were any of them purchased as reseals?
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy Reseal focus   Palitoy Reseal focus I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 3:42 am

DarthTad wrote:
That is a really good looking set. And I really like how they're displayed. Very clean, and the white shelving makes them pop out nicely.

Do you do all the reseals yourself, or were any of them purchased as reseals?

Thanks for the comment. Apart from the first 3 ( Jawa, DSC, Stormtrooper) I got hold of and the other bubble version of the Jawa I did all the reseals myself. It took a little research to find the right glue and I had to water it down to use as a wash to seal the backs of the cut cards before attaching them but hopefully they'll hold together fine. I haven't needed to put glue straight onto the clear plastic edge of the bubble as this would show but if there's paper still attached to the bubble edge it work just fine to glue there.

I've still got a couple left to do to hopefully replace some of the 20 backs that aren't quite as neat as I'd like so the fun continues!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy Reseal focus   Palitoy Reseal focus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Palitoy Reseal focus

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1