The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Definitive Takara/Japanese Star Wars site or information?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

Definitive Takara/Japanese Star Wars site or information? Empty
PostSubject: Definitive Takara/Japanese Star Wars site or information?   Definitive Takara/Japanese Star Wars site or information? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 8:21 pm

By chance, does anyone know of a definite Japanese/Takara website? I am looking for some information on rubber Star Wars toys that were produced in the late 1970's or possibly early 80's. The toys are not from the Makura line, but specifically rubber toys that were distributed in gumball/vending machines. The toys are 1" in size and produced in blue, orange, green and possibly pink.. The have GMFGI stamped on the back of them. I scored a green and orange jawa and am looking for more information about them. The seller gave me some information, but I am looking for more. I can post a picture if needed...
Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
Josh_T
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Josh_T

PostSubject: Re: Definitive Takara/Japanese Star Wars site or information?   Definitive Takara/Japanese Star Wars site or information? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 9:34 pm

You are correct that these were sold in vending machines. This is an image I saved from a yahoo auction a few years ago that shows they were sold mixed in with an assortment of other items and were produced by Takara:
Definitive Takara/Japanese Star Wars site or information? Shinnn10

Another display card, but with no logo:
Definitive Takara/Japanese Star Wars site or information? 20091010

I have confirmed that they were available in at least nine colors: Green, Yellow, Black, Blue, Orange, Red, White,
Translucent Blue, and Translucent Green.

A complete set, to the best of my knowledge, consists of:

Characters:
_Princess Leia
_Chewbacca
_Death Squad Commander
_Sandperson
_Obi-Wan Kenobi
_Darth Vader
_C-3PO
_R2-D2
_Stormtrooper
_Jawa
_Han Solo
_Luke Skywalker

Creatures:
_Bantha
_Bantha with Sandperson
_Dewback
_Dewback with Stormtrooper

Vehicles:
_Landspeeder
_X-Wing Fighter
_TIE Fighter
_Darth Vader's TIE Fighter
_Millennium Falcon
_Star Destroyer
Back to top Go down
http://japanesestarwarscollection.webs.com/index.html
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: Definitive Takara/Japanese Star Wars site or information?   Definitive Takara/Japanese Star Wars site or information? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 10:32 pm

Josh,

Thank you very much for the reply, this really helps. Those two carded rubber toys look really good. Wow, nine colors, that is unreal.

I did not know about these until CVI, when a collector friend showed me a green, blue and orange one. Funny enough, two land on Ebay and I got them both.. Just curious, are some harder than others in specific colors? I am happy with the two and hopefully, more will come my way..
Back to top Go down
Josh_T
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Josh_T

PostSubject: Re: Definitive Takara/Japanese Star Wars site or information?   Definitive Takara/Japanese Star Wars site or information? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 10:37 pm

All the colors seem to appear with the same frequency, but the two translucent colors seem to be the hardest to find. The only two I have seen are a translucent green landspeeder and a translucent blue Bantha.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Definitive Takara/Japanese Star Wars site or information?   Definitive Takara/Japanese Star Wars site or information? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 3:06 am

Josh_T wrote:
Definitive Takara/Japanese Star Wars site or information? Shinnn10

Great info Josh. Do you think they added the copper pin badges that are usually seen on moc - top right of pic R2D2 & XWing - or could these be different items?
Back to top Go down
orangpendek
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Definitive Takara/Japanese Star Wars site or information?   Definitive Takara/Japanese Star Wars site or information? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 4:52 am

Wow, i couldn't find any background information on those jawas and that G.M.F.G.I. stamp looked to good to be true, so i figured they might be custom .Nice to see you got them Jason, i look forward to staring at them over at Madbrownz :Drool:
Back to top Go down
Josh_T
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Josh_T

PostSubject: Re: Definitive Takara/Japanese Star Wars site or information?   Definitive Takara/Japanese Star Wars site or information? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 10:20 am

Artoo_Detour wrote:

Great info Josh. Do you think they added the copper pin badges that are usually seen on moc - top right of pic R2D2 & XWing - or could these be different items?

They appear to be the same as the moc pins except in silver instead of copper. Edit: The R2 does appear to be completely different
Definitive Takara/Japanese Star Wars site or information? Shinnn11

Last edited by Josh_T on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Definitive Takara/Japanese Star Wars site or information?   Definitive Takara/Japanese Star Wars site or information? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 2:23 pm

Fantastic Thread really informative! cheers
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: Definitive Takara/Japanese Star Wars site or information?   Definitive Takara/Japanese Star Wars site or information? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 4:30 pm

The rubber Jawas have been posted.

Green and Orange Japanese Rubber Jawas
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Definitive Takara/Japanese Star Wars site or information?   Definitive Takara/Japanese Star Wars site or information? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Definitive Takara/Japanese Star Wars site or information?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1