The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ree-Yees Variant?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CorranHorn
New User
New User
CorranHorn

Ree-Yees Variant? Empty
PostSubject: Ree-Yees Variant?   Ree-Yees Variant? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 3:28 pm

Hello TIG!

This is my first time posting, I joined up a while back at the suggestion of my friend Delaton but hadn't gotten around to posting yet. I figure this mystery (well mystery to me anyways Laughing ) gives me a good reason to start.

So at Celebration 6 I picked up a Ree-Yees (pictured on the left below) that Delaton thought might be Lili Ledy due to its reddish tone. In viewing the COO Guide, I've identified the figure as having a #3 COO, so I don't believe it would be a Lili Ledy. But this leaves me pondering what exactly is this Ree-Yees.

From what I can tell it appears that the arms were molded in the skin tone of the hands and painted brownish red, while the legs were molded in grey and painted brownish red. Every Ree-Yees I've ever seen looks more like the figure pictured on the right - a chocolate brown - and I've not been able to find any info in my search attempts here or on RS to explain this red Ree-Yees. So I thought in my first post, I'd throw this out to the variant gurus of TIG and ask the eternal question.. what do I have here?

Thanks in advance,
Jason

Ree-Yees Variant? ReeYees
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Ree-Yees Variant? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ree-Yees Variant?   Ree-Yees Variant? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 7:49 pm

welcome Jason
The reddish body seems to always have that similar boot colour found on both Taiwan versions. It may just be due to degredation.
Here are some examples:
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4783-the-official-fotw-thread-reeyees#

Moulded vs painted hands is a 'standard' variant.
Back to top Go down
CorranHorn
New User
New User
CorranHorn

Ree-Yees Variant? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ree-Yees Variant?   Ree-Yees Variant? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 4:49 pm

aussiejames wrote:
welcome Jason
The reddish body seems to always have that similar boot colour found on both Taiwan versions. It may just be due to degredation.
Here are some examples:
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4783-the-official-fotw-thread-reeyees#

Moulded vs painted hands is a 'standard' variant.

Hi aussiejames, thank you for the warm welcome! Very Happy

I was unaware that there was a moulded hands variant for Ree-Yees. I must have completely overlooked that all these years. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Regarding the degredation/discoloration - would that be in relation to the boots only as indicated in the thread you linked, or does that apply to the torso/limbs too?

thanks!
Jason
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ree-Yees Variant? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ree-Yees Variant?   Ree-Yees Variant? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ree-Yees Variant?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1