The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OT - Reasonable Shipment Costs from Canada to Europe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

OT - Reasonable Shipment Costs from Canada to Europe Empty
PostSubject: OT - Reasonable Shipment Costs from Canada to Europe   OT - Reasonable Shipment Costs from Canada to Europe I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 1:54 pm

Hi,

I just got an invoice for a vintage figure which I won on ebay the other day. The Canadian seller bills me $ 67,95 to ship the figure to the Netherlands. That seems a bit out of proportion (the figure was around $100).

I know I should have asked the seller beforehand, but I hadn't imagined such high shipment costs.

He claims that is the only option to send insured and with track and trace.

USPS First Class Mail International: US $67,95

Is there no cheaper option available in Canada? :scratch:

I don't need insurance, only track & trace to ensure seller and buyer protection.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: OT - Reasonable Shipment Costs from Canada to Europe   OT - Reasonable Shipment Costs from Canada to Europe I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 2:08 pm

A week or so ago I went to order a new T shirt from the Toronto Blue Jays website shop, shipping was stupid amount, they only use UPS international
T Shirt: $ 34.99
Shipping: $ 59.99
Total: $ 94.98
CANADIAN DOLLARS

Got the same T shirt and a baseball cap from a web shop from the US and shipping was only $5.50.
As for shipping one figure that to sounds on the high side to me.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: OT - Reasonable Shipment Costs from Canada to Europe   OT - Reasonable Shipment Costs from Canada to Europe I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 2:43 pm

Canada to Europe has been expensive. I'd say to send it to a US friend first. I'm always happy to help
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
KevinA
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
KevinA

PostSubject: Re: OT - Reasonable Shipment Costs from Canada to Europe   OT - Reasonable Shipment Costs from Canada to Europe I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 2:57 pm

Ya that sounds right. You could go small packet and it would be about $30 for air and $15 for surface but it doesn't include insurance or tracking.
Canadapost doesn't really give you options on how to send internationally. You either go all out with tracking and insurance and get it there in 5 days or less with Xpresspost or go barebones with their other options.
Back to top Go down
Bluestars
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Bluestars

PostSubject: Re: OT - Reasonable Shipment Costs from Canada to Europe   OT - Reasonable Shipment Costs from Canada to Europe I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 3:13 pm

if it was the other way it would be only 8 usd for some liose figures in a jiffy bag or a shirt etc. and that would be registered!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: OT - Reasonable Shipment Costs from Canada to Europe   OT - Reasonable Shipment Costs from Canada to Europe I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 3:15 pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your swift responses.

From now on, I will remember that track and trace shipment is expensive from Canada.

John: great idea to first sent it to the US. I am working it out with the seller right now.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: OT - Reasonable Shipment Costs from Canada to Europe   OT - Reasonable Shipment Costs from Canada to Europe I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 3:27 pm

It would appear that by using UPS you get shafted shipping in both directions. http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4424-beware-of-using-ups-to-ship-items-to-canada
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: OT - Reasonable Shipment Costs from Canada to Europe   OT - Reasonable Shipment Costs from Canada to Europe I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 5:34 pm

Marco

I know shipping is stupid here!

Can't the seller use Canada post International Parcels? It includes up to $100 coverage. But with no tracking number.
I've never had a problem with a package not arriving abroad through Canada Post.

I went back in my emails to find the quote I gave you when I sent the custom black cape squid head you won just last year. It should be about the same now. I've never had a problem with a package not arriving.

These where the quotes that I got to send a figure to Belgium a couple of weeks ago, so the Netherlands should be about the same.
These are the options that Canada post just gave me (unfortunately shipping from Canada is a little expensive). Shipping to Belgium with $100 dollars insurance (standard), Small Packet Air Int'l = $10, Small Packet Surface Int'l = $8, Surface Parcel Int'l = $38, Xpresspost International = $60.
I think the best value is the Small Packet Air Int'l for $10. It should only take about 2 weeks to arrive.

Hope this helps.

Just a little bit of information. The woman that ran Canada Post when the prices started going up. Now runs UK Postal Service!
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2010/05/27/greene-royal-mail-527.html

Clint

Last edited by Commander Clint on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: OT - Reasonable Shipment Costs from Canada to Europe   OT - Reasonable Shipment Costs from Canada to Europe I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:23 pm

DarthBerizing wrote:
I'm always happy to help

Ain't that the truth! Cool
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: OT - Reasonable Shipment Costs from Canada to Europe   OT - Reasonable Shipment Costs from Canada to Europe I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:25 pm

LOL. He has a little spot for Stanley's stuff also. Would love a shot of John's "Inventory"room lol!
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: OT - Reasonable Shipment Costs from Canada to Europe   OT - Reasonable Shipment Costs from Canada to Europe I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:28 pm

Josh wrote:
LOL. He has a little spot for Stanley's stuff also. Would love a shot of John's "Inventory"room lol!

lol!
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: OT - Reasonable Shipment Costs from Canada to Europe   OT - Reasonable Shipment Costs from Canada to Europe I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 9:44 am

LOL - Just be happy I've got an unfinished basement with a big table geek

Like I've said , always happen to act as a middle man. I live very close to the post office, so getting stuff out isn't terribly hard.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: OT - Reasonable Shipment Costs from Canada to Europe   OT - Reasonable Shipment Costs from Canada to Europe I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 10:16 am

thats about right Canada post has charges that are not normaly listed like Fuel Surcharge here is a link to the Canada post site you can put in the info needed and see what the cost to ship from Canada to anywhere would cost.

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/personal/findARate?execution=e3s1
Back to top Go down
MasterTyvokka
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MasterTyvokka

PostSubject: Re: OT - Reasonable Shipment Costs from Canada to Europe   OT - Reasonable Shipment Costs from Canada to Europe I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 5:21 pm

cantina_patron wrote:
It would appear that by using UPS you get shafted shipping in both directions. http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4424-beware-of-using-ups-to-ship-items-to-canada

Even shipping from the U.S. you get shafted by UPS when shipping internationally. I sold a large item on ebay onetime and the buyer contacted me about shipping which the calc had quoted $600. What I realized is that UPS ships by size not weight so even if you have a large light package its going to cost an arm and a leg. I eventually realized that I could ship it USPS for a fraction of the price. So yea if your shipping international from U.S. or even Canada (if you got a friend in the U.S.) its cheaper USPS. No wonder the postal service is so far in debt. Anyway good luck with solving the issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT - Reasonable Shipment Costs from Canada to Europe   OT - Reasonable Shipment Costs from Canada to Europe I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OT - Reasonable Shipment Costs from Canada to Europe

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1