The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Problems with EBAY seller richardc7611

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ironfist
New User
New User

Problems with EBAY seller richardc7611 Empty
PostSubject: Problems with EBAY seller richardc7611   Problems with EBAY seller richardc7611 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 2:27 pm

The story started on the 19th of May, about a couple of months ago. I won a complete Luke poncho advertised as original (have a look at the description at the bottom of the pic) on an EBAY auction from the British seller richardc7611.

Problems with EBAY seller richardc7611 Lukeponchofakeblaster [/img]

The figure was in pretty good condition, but when I checked the solid black blaster I noticed the lack of the barrel dot and I started thinking it could be a f****** repro.
After starting watch out threads on different boards to be sure what I had in my hands was a repro blaster, I contacted the seller to let him know about it. He answered me he felt really embarrassed and since he did not understood the difference between a repro and a genuine arm he asked me to send him pics. I did so, but he did not send me an answer. I contacted him again and he told me he was unable to view the picture in that format I had sent it in (it was an imageshack link!!!), but if I was certain the one I had received was a repro, he would send me the one he had, which was a certain genuine gun, and he asked me again apologies for the inconvenience.

It sounded understanding, kind and reliable to me, so I kept trusting him.

I was waiting 15 days and the blaster did not arrive... I contacted him again and he answered me he had been very busy and that he would be sending it the following day. That was the point I started to suspect something...
I trusted him again and I gave him a second opportunity. As I suspected he did not have any intention of honouring his word, I opened a case on Paypal and without leaving him time to give me explanations (I thought he didn't want to and I considered I had given him enough opportunities) I escalated it to Paypal claim. 10 days passed without any answer from the seller, and a couple of days ago PAYPAL confirmed me they could get the partial refund I had asked.

And that's why I'm still looking for a genuine solid black palace blaster for my Luke poncho... So if you have one for sale, drop me a message, please!
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Problems with EBAY seller richardc7611   Problems with EBAY seller richardc7611 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 3:21 pm

that really sucks that he didn't do what he should have you gave him plenty of time and opening the case with paypal was the right step it will hopefully put a black mark on him. I have been lucky with the sellers I use I know they do make mistakes we all do it's human but when a mistake happens they should fix it or return the money without making excuses.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Problems with EBAY seller richardc7611   Problems with EBAY seller richardc7611 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:14 am

Sounds like he tried to make it cross the maximum time that you have to file a claim. He should have just refunded for the blaster or taking it back imo.
Not always easy to spot repros, though when things do go wrong one should fix it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems with EBAY seller richardc7611   Problems with EBAY seller richardc7611 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problems with EBAY seller richardc7611

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1