The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version   What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 4:32 pm

Ok, thanks Dylan. I just thought i read this Robbie guy mentioning one piece no stitches...???... Very interesting circumstances we have here...
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version   What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 4:40 pm

dylbacca wrote:
I think my post was a little misunderstood. What i meant when i said "He was always confused as to why someone would sew the hood back onto a jawa." I didn't mean to indicate that someone had actually sewn the hood back onto a Jawa cloak. What i was trying to convey is that when Tom first found the loose piece he was intrigued because after inspecting it, only two possibilities arose: 1. someone had sewn the hood back onto a Jawa cloak or 2. Lili Ledy had actually produced a regular non removable hood Jawa at some point.

Subsequently because it was improbable that someone had taken the time to sew the hood back onto a jawa, a theory was born that a non removable hood variant was produced by Lili Ledy. When the non removable hood version was submitted amongst several other legit removable hood Jawas, the hypothesis was confirmed.

make sense?

Honestly, I don't think there is anything to gain by wrongly verifying and authenticating this figure. I genuinely believe that there has been enough info compiled for me to accept its existence. For those of you who need more empirical evidence, i get it, but I'm sold on its legitimacy, and excited about the new info.

From your part everything is fine Dylan.
But honestly: if you cannot see if a hood was sewn back or if its made out of one piece you must be a total NOOB!!!!! How can you not be sure on a loose example holding in your own hands???
[If you cannot tell thatt how can you even possibly grade sth????]

Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version   What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 4:43 pm

RebelChris wrote:
OZIO wrote:
I know that LL made a lot of mistakes and changes through it's production process and I know that everything is possible but I have never heard of a LL jawa with a one piece cloak or a sewn on hood, never. The one and only thing I don't like about this is that everything is happening at the same time, first a big find of LL carded Jawas, a dark stitches variation and now a one piece cloak. unsure
Does anyone knows If this one piece cloak came from the same lot found recently?

Del Toro Sith all ready agreed to let me take a look ands some pictures to his LL carded Jawas with dark stitches.
I'll let you know and share them latter.

Cheers
Ozio

FINALLY! Someone said it!!!!!! This deserves a quote all on it's own!

Thats why I quote it again Wink

edit: Everyone remembers when all the red stichted burgundy Bibs popped up out of nowhere???
Back to top Go down
dylbacca
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
dylbacca

PostSubject: Re: What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version   What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:34 pm

RebelChris wrote:
dylbacca wrote:

I guess that is a good point. Sometimes weird synergies happen all over the place though. A year ago, a case of VC jawas showed up. Also, at the end of last year, 3 or 4 carded Blue Stars came up for sale. I know there was a pretty large collection of carded Lili Ledy Jawas submitted by one source, and these may all be from the same find. anyways...???

Oh I totally know what you mean Dylan, weird stuff happens all the time. However, it's just really odd that so much of this was really out of left field after years of being on the market. IMO anyway (and please correct me if I'm wrong) the Uzay's, especially carded, where kind of a "known" entity as far as quantity and such. I just think it's odd that after all these years of countless people searching one day 7 or 8 pop up out of the blue. If that's not a head scratcher, I don't know what is! Very Happy

Yeah can't wait for all those carded VC toltoys Jawas to start showing up later this year!!
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version   What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:40 pm

dylbacca wrote:

Yeah can't wait for all those carded VC toltoys Jawas to start showing up later this year!!

Well we've had a Palitoy and another Meccano... so why not? Wink

lol!
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version   What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 7:42 pm

Wow, so happy I am out of the production Jawa side.. While I am initially leery of this piece, Tom's reputation is spot on in my book. While I do not agree with some of his actions in the past or opinions, he has enough resources to judge a fake from a fake. The Yak Face baggie fiasco set off a great debate and a number of well seasoned collectors jumped in with their expert opinion. I have talked to enough Ledy collectors over the years concerning Jawas, this should have come up. However, I am excited about new discoveries and will patiently wait until this one washes out..
Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version   What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 7:47 pm

That's what I don't get, Jas. Has this even been talked about in the past as a maybe even? Are their collectors from Mexico that have said "I remember them like this".
I honestly can't think of ever reading something like that before. Neutral

Granted, I haven't been around as long as some of you guys and girls. So I easily could of missed it.
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version   What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 7:06 am

While talking to Tom Derby concerning a recent find of first shots, this figure came up during the conversation. Per Tom, the loose one that he currently owns had been part of a "box full" of loose Ledy figures that he purchased at Celebration IV in 2007. Of the fifty or sixty loose Ledy Jawas, one of them appeared to have a fixed hood attached to the cape.

He contacted several knowledgeable Mexican collectors and eventually matched the cape material to "known" Ledy Jawas. The stitching points and several other "flaws" were noted as well. He verified the carded one sent thru AFA.

The figure has already changed hands at a whopping 5K price tag.. Ironically, a nice hand painted first shot Jawa with unproduced cape and prototype blaster sold for the same price. Which one would you want in your collection?
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version   What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:34 am

Hands down, the hand painted first shot Jawa : ) is what I'd rather have : ) But that's just me. You on the other hand might want that one piece LL Jawa because you already have a hand painted first shot Jawa? I would certainly like to hear about other 1 piece robes (attached hoods) LL Jawas if/when they pop up.
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version   What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:43 am

Thanks for the update, Jas. Cool
What's that price in relation to a normal LL Jawa MOC?
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version   What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 9:42 pm

Josh wrote:
What's that price in relation to a normal LL Jawa MOC?

Josh,

To be honest, I am not sure what a nice MOC Ledy Jawa would sale for these days. I sold mine for $1,200.00 in 2010.

Six months ago, I would have estimated a MOC Ledy to go between 2 - 2.5k. Of course, a recent find of MOC Ledy's were found and limelighted on RS. The owner found/purchased eight of them. Also, I am aware of three or four others that have surfaced. There is a chance, that some of the "other" four were MOC's that changed hands, but it is hard to say.

What is the price today? Hard to say.. I would "guess" between 1 - 1.5k, but I could be wrong.

Steve,

I would take the first shot Jawa every time.

Last edited by sith jawa on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version   What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 9:57 pm

Thanks for the estimate. I always thought they were worth more for some reason.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version   What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 9:58 pm

I'd say $1500-$2000 isn't out of the ballpark at all. James Gallo is trying to sell an opened one with bubble and cardback for $1500.

I do know at least one of those Jawa's did change hands. Some goofy collector in NY I think Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version   What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 2:00 pm

Well, I am wrong. The figure did not change hands for the price I had been advised of.. It is now for trade on RS... Ooops on my part..
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version   What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 2:03 pm

I saw that too. Maybe you could trade your first shot Jawa for it : )
Sorry, bad joke : )
Back to top Go down
finestcomics
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version   What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 9:08 am

I think its a cool variation discovery, but to me the uber-coolness factor of the LL Jawa's is the removable hood.
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version   What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 10:28 am

Well you could always tear it off the card and cut the hood off : )
Sorry, again, bad joke. I'm full of them this week....
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version   What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 10:40 am

Full of something Razz

Sorry..I've only got good jokes lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version   What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's up here? LL Jawa NON removable hood version

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2