The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

NON toy bootlegs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

NON toy bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: NON toy bootlegs   NON toy bootlegs I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 11:50 pm

Talk about, post pics of Unlicensed ceramics, clocks, watches, posters, books, comics...or any other non toy unlicensed SW item that you can think of. There's a LOT more out there in the outer realm of bootlegs than you'd think.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

NON toy bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NON toy bootlegs   NON toy bootlegs I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 5:35 am

Hungarian comics

NON toy bootlegs Img_1101

Inside shots

NON toy bootlegs Img_2105

NON toy bootlegs Img_2106

NON toy bootlegs Img_2107
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

NON toy bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NON toy bootlegs   NON toy bootlegs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 4:56 am

I posted this on SWFUk on their oddball thread, figured I'd post it here too because it rocks.

NON toy bootlegs 7428520880_49eb6de914_z

Here's another great pic of an R2-D2 battery charger.

NON toy bootlegs 7428521898_a6233e03b4_z

Enjoy
Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

NON toy bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NON toy bootlegs   NON toy bootlegs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 11:22 am

That Space Wars set is just creepy as hell. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

NON toy bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NON toy bootlegs   NON toy bootlegs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 6:35 pm

The R2 battery charger is pretty frickin' sweet.
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

NON toy bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NON toy bootlegs   NON toy bootlegs I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 5:49 am

Was sorting through a latest pile of comics and mags for my collection of vintage ads, and came across this pretty cool 1980 ad for the Micro Galactique voice changer that was an upcoming free gift from French Pif Gadget comic.
In 1980 to '82 ESB was featured a lot in this comic, and I think here the artist was definitely inspired by Vader...

NON toy bootlegs Le_mic10

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
electricdragon
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
electricdragon

NON toy bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NON toy bootlegs   NON toy bootlegs I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 11:02 am

Unlicensed German Keyring fun-fair prizes:

NON toy bootlegs Keyrin11
Back to top Go down
http://david-hilf-illustration.com
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

NON toy bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: 1984 Brazilian Nescau ad   NON toy bootlegs I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 4:56 am

This Brazilian ad I picked up unashamedly rips off Star Wars.

It's from a 1984 edition of Zé Carioca comic and advertises Nescau drinks as made by food giant Nestlé...

George must have missed that one!

Ironically, Zé Carioca was a Disney comic  :cool laugh:

NON toy bootlegs Star_w11

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

NON toy bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: 2015 Picsou comic   NON toy bootlegs I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 4:59 am

NON toy bootlegs Star_w10

Even though this appears to be your average bog-standard China-produced SW knockoff, it's not.

There is no SW logo and no SW license copyright details on the moc.

The pencils and erasers have no copyright either.

the only giveaway that it's 'official' is the name "Picsou".

Picsou is a French Disney comic for kids. This pencil and eraser set is a free gift with their latest issue.
So what looks to be a knockoff is actually 'official'.

Knowing that there are tons of China-produced knockoffs out there over the years, I just thought it odd to see Disney adding this 'knockoff' style pack as a comic freebie  Smile

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

NON toy bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NON toy bootlegs   NON toy bootlegs I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 11:17 am

Been meaning to add this for a while. It's the 1982 'Chart Wars' 12" vinyl album 'May The Hits Be With You' by Ronco.
Jedi Mind Tricks points for first one to guess which famous professional footballer the guy on the front looks a bit like  What a Face

NON toy bootlegs Chart_10

NON toy bootlegs Chart_11

Ronco also made an Indiana Jones knockoff 'Raiders of the Lost Charts'. lol!

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

NON toy bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Star Tack Astronomy Bootleg Buttons   NON toy bootlegs I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 12:13 pm

NON toy bootlegs Star_t14

These three Star Wars logo knockoff buttons are from a UK astronomy-themed promotion for 'Star Tack' - an adhesive putty similar to Blu-Tac. There is no date stamp on the buttons or the packaging. I also know of an additional two badges from the same promotion - these are 'Barred Galaxy' and 'Star Cluster'.

I didn't find much info but found an example of the packaging online. The 'space' theme is evident and the SW logo is repeated as on the buttons.

NON toy bootlegs Star_t12
Image courtesy of flickrhivermind

NON toy bootlegs Star_t13
Image courtesy of flickrhivermind

Something interesting to note is that the company - 'Seal Strip LTD' was based in Coalville, Leicester, home to Palitoy. Funny to think of bootlegs being produced right next door to licensed!

NON toy bootlegs Star_t10

Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

NON toy bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NON toy bootlegs   NON toy bootlegs I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 8:14 pm

Neat badges Paul. How did you know what the other two badges are? Is there a pic of them on that packaging? I can't see good enough to see if that is them on the back on the left side on that package example.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

NON toy bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NON toy bootlegs   NON toy bootlegs I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 5:23 am

trappedtexan wrote:
Neat badges Paul.  How did you know what the other two badges are?  Is there a pic of them on that packaging?  I can't see good enough to see if that is them on the back on the left side on that package example.

From an eBay auction I missed out on by afew days Angry SW

Star Cluster and Barred Galaxy on bottom row.

NON toy bootlegs Star_c10

The badges are't pictured on the packaging so this is all stuff I've researched. One thing pictured on the pack that does make me wonder is the model spaceship and pilot. At first I thought SW. Anyone recognise if it's from a famous sci fi line?

NON toy bootlegs Star_t16

Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

NON toy bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NON toy bootlegs   NON toy bootlegs I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 12:56 pm

That spaceship kind of has the look of an xwing without the wings.  I don't recognize it from anywhere else, but that doesn't mean it isn't from something else.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NON toy bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NON toy bootlegs   NON toy bootlegs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NON toy bootlegs

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1