The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OT - Mistakes in SW Movies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

OT - Mistakes in SW Movies Empty
PostSubject: OT - Mistakes in SW Movies   OT - Mistakes in SW Movies I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 5:58 am

When searching from some vids I came across this one, showing some continuity mistakes in the first Star Wars movie.

LOL that R5 reappeared next to R2 in the famous "Purchase of the Droids" scene.

Or maybe that was a little mindtrick of R5, aka Skippy the Jedi Droid.....

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Skippy_the_Jedi_Droid

Please post some more SW bloopers vids in this thread if you like, so we can have some more fun. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: OT - Mistakes in SW Movies   OT - Mistakes in SW Movies I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 8:32 am

a classic one...

Stormtrooper hits head...

here's the link in case Yootoob gets arsey:

https://youtu.be/dBQaLuqwtl8
Back to top Go down
ratherchildish
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ratherchildish

PostSubject: Re: OT - Mistakes in SW Movies   OT - Mistakes in SW Movies I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 2:17 pm

I watched Star Wars over the past couple of nights. Here are a few things I thought were funny:

1. When Vader parades Leia in front of Gov. Tarkin for the first time he's so close behind her he bumps into her when she stops in front of Tarkin. No surprise, the Vader mask is reported to be tricky to see from.

2. I love the first conversation between Han Solo and Ben Kenobi. Ben says "...AND NO QUESTIONS ASKED". The very next thing out of Solo's mouth is a question! "What is it some sort of local trouble? Funny.

3. This is really more of a subjective comment. During the fight between the Falcon and the Tie FIghters after the crew escape the Death Star we see Chewbacca flying the Falcon while Han Solo is at the gun... Chewie looks like he's playing bongos! Maybe the one moment that comes across as cheesey in the Falcon. They definitely should've had his hands on a cool set of controls.

Other thoughts...

Another thing that really came to me during this viewing was really how hilarious the dialogue is in Star Wars. There are SO many exchanges between characters that really have their roots in old-school slapstick comedy.

Also what I notice more lately is how much I prefer James Earl Jones's delivery of Vader's voice in Star Wars compared to ESB & ROTJ. In Star Wars his lines came out with a lot of exaggeration... a real charicature of a 'bad guy'. After that first film his delivery was more nuanced and polished. I guess this was inevitable.

As long as I'm on Vader, I really preferred that his character in Star Wars was more sympathetic to his underlings. Check it out. He bosses around his troops and commanders in the first film, but without being a total dick. In ESB and ROTJ he's completely changed his tune and just out to scare the crap out of everyone.
Back to top Go down
http://ratherchildish.com
shoenix
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
shoenix

PostSubject: Re: OT - Mistakes in SW Movies   OT - Mistakes in SW Movies I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 3:39 am

I know a friend of mine actually pulled a complete timestamped list of mistakes for all three original parts a looong time ago. We had a big laugh watching the stormtrooper hit his head, watch R2 almost run into the side of the bulk-head, watch 3PO fall down a step, and best of all watch lightsaber fights while they forgot to colour the sabers and you actually see white sticks Wink (mind you, we saw the movies many many times before that and never even noticed, enticed by the movie magic I guess Smile )

IMDB also shows a lot of 'goofs' and I found this site but cannot find the convenient ascii list format anymore Sad

Cheers,
Shoenix
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: OT - Mistakes in SW Movies   OT - Mistakes in SW Movies I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 2:25 pm

Hi Shoenix,

Great to see you posting here!

And a great link to SW bloopers! Very Happy

Pete: Thanks for the extended description of your eagle eye observations! Fun! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: OT - Mistakes in SW Movies   OT - Mistakes in SW Movies I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 2:45 pm

ratherchildish wrote:

2. I love the first conversation between Han Solo and Ben Kenobi. Ben says "...AND NO QUESTIONS ASKED". The very next thing out of Solo's mouth is a question! "What is it some sort of local trouble? Funny.

Not to go OT, but in the Matrix (if memory serves) Neo asks Switch something and she replies "What is this, 20 Questions?". It was , in fact, the 20th question Neo asks in the movie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT - Mistakes in SW Movies   OT - Mistakes in SW Movies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OT - Mistakes in SW Movies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1