The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
AuthorMessage
billcable
New User
New User

Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 5:48 pm

The sticker actually isn't the most significant part.

For years... going back to the early pre-POTF2 90s... people tried to put together Kenner "debut" MOC sets. Amongst those should have been ESB45 C-3PO, the first cardback on which RL 3PO was pictured on the back (along with Sensorscope R2). But not one single example of a Kenner production ESB45 3PO was ever found (doubly strange because there are plenty of R2s). I started looking for one about a dozen years ago, with no luck.

The only English-language ESB45 3PO was a Basa cardback on the Archive. But it was assumed that was made by Basa.

When the guys got back from their Peru trip, we learned that Kenner shipped production MOC figures to Peru, and Basa just slapped stickers on them.

So what you're looking at is only the second confirmed Kenner production ESB45 3PO.

And it just happens to have a Basa sticker. celebrate

Maybe Kenner shipped all their finished ESB45 3POs to Peru. Maybe they sent them out to US retailers as well and we just haven't found one that survived yet. But this is proof they were produced.
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 6:36 pm

billcable wrote:
A little something I picked up at C6:

Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 Basa-esb45-3po-a

Yep, just something little alright. Wink

Congrats on the grail Bill! What an accomplishment that must be!

I honestly thought you had found the 79B you were looking for... then you hit us with this little gem! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 6:07 am

Congrats Bill, I remember the discussion on RS about the cardback. Great that it's found it's way into your collection.

This thread moves so quickly with fantastic aquisitions by all Very Happy

Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 Sdc12413
Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 Sdc12412

2 more 'gaps' filled for me that I didn't think would happen for a long time. A huge thanks to Greg/flycasual.
Back to top Go down
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 11:11 am

wow James!! that DSD is amazing, nice score!! :clap:
Back to top Go down
http://www.retrorewindtoys.com
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 12:03 pm

Mike, Shawn, Jason and Liam - congrats on your new goodies cheers

AJ - Well done on the new 'gap' fillers for your loose addiction Cool

Bill - double congrats for the rare ESB 45 bk Threepio *and* with a Basa sticker :clap:
Back to top Go down
BruceW
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 12:47 pm

One of my scores from C6:
Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 41A1

Princess Leia Organa 41A!
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 2:26 pm

BruceW wrote:
One of my scores from C6:
Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 41A1

Princess Leia Organa 41A!

I'm jealous! My little girl would be in love with that one.... that looks GREAT!!!!! Congrats!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfaaf.net
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 2:32 pm

Hi,guys
some great stuff and mocs congrats,i know i do not post here that much
but this is one of the threads that i always follow,and i must say some great stuff
is gone by this thread so Congrats to all you guys cheers cheers Congrats James filling two more gaps cheers :clap:

this my newest addition, I am very happy with this one, took me some time
Very Happy LL burgundy with orange tone
right one is the orange tone

Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 2012-018

Last edited by Starwizz on Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 1:56 pm

Just got this, the tri-pod Cannon. Nothing special, but the box is in great shape and no pics of the inside of the box. It's never been opened. Still sealed with the same old tape.

Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 Cannon10
Back to top Go down
DelToro_Sith
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
DelToro_Sith

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:47 pm

Wow!!! amazing pieces guys,this is one of my latest purchases

A blonde Luke Bespin with card, sword and gun

Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 Dsc04910
Back to top Go down
raven7dp
New User
New User
raven7dp

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:25 pm

MIB and unused.

Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 005292
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:15 pm

Man some sweet picks!

Bruce - That's a great Leia , case fresh doesn't even describe it

Ryan - Nice Tri Pod Cannon. They are very underrated IMHO , nice catch

DelToro - When I scrolled slowly I thought it might be a MOC, I almost fainted LOL , Still a great cardback and figure!

Jonathan - First off great to see you here dude. Secondly, that looks amazing, congrats!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Darth Small
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Darth Small

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 5:59 am

Couple of recent purchases, bought the loose figs because they were cheap but they are far from nasty. The MOC was cheaper than buying a loose Romba.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Also bought a display cabinet so have some configuration setup to do.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 6:27 am

Nice one Greg, that bubble looks clear especially for a POTF MOC. Did you end up getting the Han & Scout blasters ?

I love the 'sounds' of the transporter Jonathan ( & like John said- great to see you posting here Smile )

edit : goes without saying- loving the Ledy additions

Last edited by aussiejames on Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Darth Small
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Darth Small

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 6:42 am

aussiejames wrote:
Nice one Greg, that bubble looks clear especially for a POTF MOC. Did you end up getting the Han & Scout blasters ?

I love the 'sounds' of the transporter Jonathan ( & like John said- great to see you posting here Smile )

Totally forgot about those blasters, haven't been back. Been a bit quiet on the purchasing front.
Back to top Go down
finestcomics
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 9:50 am

Just checking-in to see all the cool stuff everyone picked-up. Very nice everyone! :clap:

I picked-up a Canadian Special Offer ESB AT-AT. It was discovered at an annual flea market I attend twice a year. I barely found it, tucked in the corner of the vendors tent. When I skimmed the contents, I was a bit reluctant to buy it because I noticed one of the chin guns were missing. I also didn't have batteries to check if everything worked. I made an offer treating it as a loose AT-AT buy, and even with the uncertainty of it not working and having to find a chin gun, I preferred chancing it over having one of these shipped.

When I got home, I started going through the box more closely, and noticed it was a special offer (hoth survival kit) version. When I emptied the box, I found two loose Stormtroopers (one with an original blaster), a hoth survival box with insert, the original AT-AT french/english instructions, decal sheet (with just a few stickers already applied). It has the inserts as well - the one that rests on the AT-AT's back is in great shape, but the one that wraps around the AT-AT is in need of some repair. When I tried to test the AT-AT, I found the sealed hoth survival kit baggie in the compartment. Smile

But the best part is that as I was reaching for a few loose pieces deep inside the boxed-end that is still sealed, I noticed something was lodged in the flap. When I liberated it, it turned out to be the missing chin gun. Shocked

The AT-AT looks like it was hardly if ever used, and when I tested it, the chin guns light up, with movement and sound. cheers

Even though I'm only buying first movie toys, all in all, I was so happy to finally get one of these.

Edit: I was trying to find a photo of one online and couldn't. I guess I'll have to snap a photo of it...

Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 DSC01861
Back to top Go down
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 1:32 pm

Thats a great story! And in my opinion one of the best playsets ever made in any toy line! Awesome find!
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 3:45 pm

finestcomics wrote:
Just checking-in to see all the cool stuff everyone picked-up. Very nice everyone! :clap:

I picked-up a Canadian Special Offer ESB AT-AT. It was discovered at an annual flea market I attend twice a year. I barely found it, tucked in the corner of the vendors tent. When I skimmed the contents, I was a bit reluctant to buy it because I noticed one of the chin guns were missing. I also didn't have batteries to check if everything worked. I made an offer treating it as a loose AT-AT buy, and even with the uncertainty of it not working and having to find a chin gun, I preferred chancing it over having one of these shipped.

When I got home, I started going through the box more closely, and noticed it was a special offer (hoth survival kit) version. When I emptied the box, I found two loose Stormtroopers (one with an original blaster), a hoth survival box with insert, the original AT-AT french/english instructions, decal sheet (with just a few stickers already applied). It has the inserts as well - the one that rests on the AT-AT's back is in great shape, but the one that wraps around the AT-AT is in need of some repair. When I tried to test the AT-AT, I found the sealed hoth survival kit baggie in the compartment. Smile

But the best part is that as I was reaching for a few loose pieces deep inside the boxed-end that is still sealed, I noticed something was lodged in the flap. When I liberated it, it turned out to be the missing chin gun. Shocked

The AT-AT looks like it was hardly if ever used, and when I tested it, the chin guns light up, with movement and sound. cheers

Even though I'm only buying first movie toys, all in all, I was so happy to finally get one of these.

Edit: I was trying to find a photo of one online and couldn't. I guess I'll have to snap a photo of it...

Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 DSC01861

Wondeful story... and a great find! Smile Love the AT-AT!
Back to top Go down
lee gray
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 6:07 pm

Nice AT-AT finestcomics
cool basa C3PO card Bill

Just had vlix recased
Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 T110
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 7:01 pm

That looks so much better Lee, not on the piss & no stupid sticky tape for the weapon (which I've always thought was fucking stupid)
Back to top Go down
lee gray
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 4:20 am

aussiejames wrote:
That looks so much better Lee, not on the piss & no stupid sticky tape for the weapon (which I've always thought was fucking stupid)
I was unhappy about the tape, What really made me happy is when I got the bill and they deducted $30 dollars so only paid postage.

nice Princess Leia Organa 41A, Bruce
nice tripod laser canon TishomingoSith
nice blonde Luke Bespin luke deltoro
nice transporter raven
cool romba darth small
nice burgundy squidhead starwizz
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 10:21 pm

This arrived yesterday and is the 2nd example I've seen. Back when the Emperor promo was going, Kenner couldn't keep up with the initial demand, so for those waiting, they sent out a free build your armies micro mailer to help with the wait.

Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 Img_4208
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 10:23 pm

thats cool. Kenner had great customer relations!
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 1:24 am

curch wrote:
thats cool. Kenner had great customer relations!

They really did. They couldn't complete their offers for all the coins in POTF and then selling the entire set to those that complained for $29! Wow. I wish I was big into them when I was a young teen. I would have got a couple of sets, make a 100x return on my money Smile
Back to top Go down
bodhi_tree777
New User
New User
bodhi_tree777

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 4:56 pm

Got a MINTY Barada this week, as well as a Ree Yees and a couple of Gam Guards. Not a particularly rare figure, but I'm working on a loose Jabba's palace set and this was my first of the "pricier" pick-ups. Still working on the rest of the Last 17.

Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 403874248

Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 403874245
Back to top Go down
http://www.bodhitreestudio.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 38 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next